THE BROWNS BOARD

Trading down is for weak forumites with no stance!

hammertime

Let me repeat, (hehehe) nobody is going to trade up for the #5!!!!

Come on folks lets be reasonable, would you trade up for a #5 pick? The only extra picks from what we have now is from DA or BE. The more i stew it over, i think DA will keep his pie hole shut as a back up if needed. Kipers projected draft looked good and we should move on.

Thank You :rolleyes:

Come on folks lets be reasonable, would you trade up for a #5 pick? The only extra picks from what we have now is from DA or BE. The more i stew it over, i think DA will keep his pie hole shut as a back up if needed. Kipers projected draft looked good and we should move on.

They will if they want a QB bad enough and the way Sanchez's stock is rising I wouldn't be surprised.

Most wouldn't move up but I think Sanchez makes it possible.

So most of the "draftnicks" that are making spot reports on WKNR are saying there is no clear top 10 in this draft, that the talent is about even across the top 40.

IF that is true, I don't see many people wanting to trade up to pay more when they can get close to the same where they're sitting right now unless they go ga-ga over a guy.

Again, IF TRUE, and someone offers us a trade down with an extra 1st or 2nd we'd be nuts not to take it.

Is it likely? No

However it's not out of the realm of possibility either.

Every year there's always one GM/coach that goes brain dead on draft day and makes a huge mistake and reaches for a guy they have no business reaching for.

Couldn't have said it better. The teams around #10 are usually ripe for trading up because the money difference at #5 is not that huge for them and perhaps they REALLY want a player. That said, the talent this year doesn't seem to be that good to merit trading up. The top ten guys probably aren't that much better than the next ten guys.

Couldn't have said it better. The teams around #10 are usually ripe for trading up because the money difference at #5 is not that huge for them and perhaps they REALLY want a player.

It gets close to being a huge difference when you are talking about going down to the 10 spot.

Lat year's #5 signed for 51 Mil and 23 guarateed

Last year's #10 signed for 18.9 and 13.8 guaranteed.

32 million over 5 years is a lot of cash.

Just remember 1 REALLY important thing when we discuss the fate of a Head Coach and GM. Nobody remembers the knuckleheads who drafted Ryan Leaf or Alex Smith; but it doesn't take longer than 1 second to remind us WHO drafted Tom Brady or Jim Kelly. These guys don't grow on trees so while I fully accept there's jockeying and a wide range of varying opinions on the top 40 guys - teams lacking the right QB aren't ever in the post season competing for anything special. Take us for example. Sipe and Kosar were special so December and January were exciting. I think this makes us ready for the next part below.

If we DRAFT Sanchez, I could see ONE really interested team drafting behind us willing to part with picks for the exchange value we want. I see Sanchez as the Trump Card to a nice trade down for whomever is in the perfect position to use it. Could be at Seattle #4 or us at #5.

If Seattle uses it, that COULD make Curry possible for us and that would NOT suck! #5 is a good spot to be in.

- Tom F.

Just remember 1 REALLY important thing when we discuss the fate of a Head Coach and GM. Nobody remembers the knuckleheads who drafted Ryan Leaf or Alex Smith; but it doesn't take longer than 1 second to remind us WHO drafted Tom Brady or Jim Kelly. These guys don't grow on trees so while I fully accept there's jockeying and a wide range of varying opinions on the top 40 guys - teams lacking the right QB aren't ever in the post season competing for anything special. Take us for example. Sipe and Kosar were special so December and January were exciting. I think this makes us ready for the next part below.

If we DRAFT Sanchez, I could see ONE really interested team drafting behind us willing to part with picks for the exchange value we want. I see Sanchez as the Trump Card to a nice trade down for whomever is in the perfect position to use it. Could be at Seattle #4 or us at #5.

If Seattle uses it, that COULD make Curry possible for us and that would NOT suck! #5 is a good spot to be in.

- Tom F.

I like this train of thought. Basically, if Sanchez and Stafford are both gone by #5....then the value of Quinn or DA goes up. I don't think Josh Freeman is going to be that good. Why he's so popular is beyond me. Having seen him play 2-3 times, I don't see him as 1st round/franchise QB talent.

Archived