THE BROWNS BOARD

Sanchez?

VaporTrail

While I could care less which quarterback of ours we trade away, I really don't see the point of doing that and then using a first rounder on Sanchez. I just... don't get it. I mean, what does this guy have that DA and BQ don't? I don't see what more he could do with the offense than either of them. I mean, if you've read my posts, you know that I lean to DA over BQ, but really, I don't think there is a big difference in quality between the two. Give them protection and WR's that can catch the ball, and both will do serious damage.

Personally, I can't wait til one of them gets traded away, just so I can see the reactions on this forum. I don't know what I'd enjoy more, a meltdown from Lum, or 80% of the forum going apeshit crazy cuz we traded our hometown hero away.

But yeah, back to the point, I just can't see another unproven qb bringing more to the table than DA or BQ. I mean, it just seems that we're drafting another Brady Quinn, should this happen. Now, and I'm really hoping that they're just trying to generate buzz, so that they can get a team that needs a quarterback to trade up. But if not, can someone try and explain to me why drafting Sanchez would be a good move?

I think there is a Denver tie in there some where where it be a BQ trade or a 12 to 5 trade. Dont be suprised. Sanchez is way to unproven, he was badass with great talent, something we wont have with BE and K2 gone. Total smoke screen, its curry, orakpo or crabtree if we dont trade

Beats me dude, I have no logical explanation for our interest in Sanchez. None whatsoever, I've already gone on record to say that drafting Sanchez is tantamount to a complete and utter failure of this FO before a single snap of the season. We need to add pieces, not trade pieces out.

Could not agree more.

I think there is a Denver tie in there some where where it be a BQ trade or a 12 to 5 trade. Dont be suprised. Sanchez is way to unproven, he was badass with great talent, something we wont have with BE and K2 gone. Total smoke screen, its curry, orakpo or crabtree if we dont trade

Im inclined to think smokescreen but the invisible denver tie is something that stays on my mind and something i dont care much for if it turned out to be fact and we end up with a first rd pick going on a guy like sanchez that while he may be good in the future is far more unproven then what we already have at qb..

Mankok imo would be staking their jobs on such a decision if it all went bad but who knows these guys are so secretive its hard to see rather they are coming or going and thats not a bad thing this time of year...;)

Personally, I can't wait til one of them gets traded away, just so I can see the reactions on this forum. I don't know what I'd enjoy more, a meltdown from Lum, or 80% of the forum going apeshit crazy cuz we traded our hometown hero away.

I think you are overrating the Quinn being a hometown hero.

If there would be some upset posters it would have little to do with Quinn being an Ohio guy and more of a football issue.

I think 98% of us couldn't care less where a player is from....We just want the Browns to win.

If there would be some upset posters it would have little to do with Quinn being an Ohio guy and more of a football issue.

I think 98% of us couldn't care less where a player is from....We just want the Browns to win.

Of course, but those handful that still think Dexter is a stud will always claim Queen is loved cuz he grew up in Cbus.

Of course, but those handful that still think Dexter is a stud will always claim Queen is loved cuz he grew up in Cbus.

Mmm... no. I made one thread trying to start a debate about the two, and the second post just straight up flamed me.

Second, I've been around footballsfuture, and I had the pleasure of reading this...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=316963

The ONE, lone player, who grew up a Browns fan. This kid's DREAM was to be a Brown one day. Went to college, and played in a pro style offense, one that just so happens to be nearly identical to the one inserted here. NO ONE on this team has a better work ethic than Brady. NO ONE wants to be a Brown more than Brady. NO ONE has more potential than Brady, and what do we want to do with him? Trade him? Man. I just don't like it. For a kid with merely 16 games of experience. This may make me feel, to some, like a hypocrit, after saying history means crap, but I can't let it by in this case. No one with such small experience has turned out well in the draft. I'm in shock right now. I hate it. I really do. We can't trade this guy. I think we need to prey for Aaron Curry, it could be the only thing holding us back from getting rid of Quinn. Please Kokinis, DON'T TRADE BRADY. I can't say I can no longer be a Browns fan, because I bleed Orange and Brown, and it's just impossible for me, but this will be a huge blow. I just can't imagine it. We're eseentially ripping away part of a kids dream, for what seems to me as a bad reason. We have so many more needs, we can't afford to make QB another one. Braylon is completely acceptable, he clearly has no desire to be a Brown. but how rare is it nowadays, in the sports world where everyone's a diva, that such a young kid LOVES the game and works as hard as Brady Quinn. Don't do it...

I mean. Yeah, he's from around here, and it's cool to like him. But shit, don't get me started about homer-ism, I graduated from Lake Catholic (Joe J's high school) you better believe that he was one of my favorite guys on the team. I was sad to see him go, and I thought he deserved another year. But his time was coming, and everyone was aware of it. Football's still a business and the guy had a ton of surgeries on his knee, back, plus a staph infection. Facebook statuses were pretty funny that day. (xxxx the Browns, We suck again, etc). Get over it. It's about more than a player, and when I read shit like this, it makes me realize that, as a whole, we really are the stupidest fans, period. DA getting booed @ the Ravens game and the stadium chanting Brady was complete bullshit. You don't boo the player that threw a game winning ball to butterfingers on the drive before that slipped right through his hands. We lost that game because of our defense (or lack thereof) and Braylon's drops. If he has a game like his last two against Cincy, then fine, boo his ass, because he needed to be benched (ESPECIALLY IN CINCY #2 2007). But I think that the amount of criticism this guy gets is way higher than it should be.

Both BQ and DA have the tools to succeed in the league. But a big part of that has to do with their supporting cast... ya know... supporting them. I'm happy with either of them at the helm. Let's hope ManKok gets their shit together and fills in the pieces of the puzzle around whichever one they choose. (Hope it's not Sanchez)

Ya gotta love how people take a few nut bags to stereotype a whole fan base. I also enjoy those that claim this fan base is the dumbest in the league like they have experienced them all up close and personal.

Anderson can't play people, watch the games. Better yet, watch other QB's that are good, then you will be able to see why it's not a Queen Queer thing but maybe a fan base that is tired of an organization that chose to back a poor QB.

There will always be those that back DA because that is how society works. A few have to go against the grain so they develop mad stereotypes of fan conspiracy for a local product.

It's been broken down a million times on here why Anderson is not a good QB and the fact those numbers from the first half of 07 were completely blown out of proportion against inferior competition and DA still played infuriatingly bad at times.

The only attributes that Anderson brings to the table are a big arm and a gun slinger mentality. After that, he is below average in every other aspect of QBing, plain and simple.

Whether Queen is better or not we don't know but we need to find out.

I'm sorry Riffer, I just disagree with you about DA. I don't think that he sucks as bad as everyone says he does. The protection that he had in 07 wasn't there in 08. Braylon forgot the stick-um, and Jamal is just too slow. Give him run support and receivers that can catch, and you get a game like the Giants. Yes, on the flip side, he'll shit his pants and you'll get his last two Cincy games. But hey, you know who else has bad AND good games? The Mannings. Other Brady. Etc. I could go on, but stop pretending that the majority of Quinn supporters know anything about football. This isn't just about people on these forums. This is about everyone that has a Quinn jersey, too. I really do think we are the stupidest fans. I mean, Browns fans threatening to beat the shit out of another Browns fan because he wore a Derek Anderson jersey to that Baltimore game I was at, it's ignornant we're at the game for the same reason. Personally, I think anyone that's bought a Cleveland QB jersey that doesn't say Kosar or Sipe is absolutely insane. There are way more people that are all about Quinn, and don't know shit than there are people like you. You're educated on the subject, and being a Quinn fan, that makes you the minority. Most of the idiots out there that drool over him don't know how to use teh internets. Anywho.

I think that both QB's can terrorize defenses with protection, a running game, and receivers that can catch. You don't.

//edit

Damn, did we just have a back and forth about BQ and DA without it turning into a flamewar?

I agree. Though I think you are underrating the hometown connection with Quinn. For every Lum with a DA connection, there are 2 Quinnies who are really only interested in him.

As you said....Just win some friggen games, or at least look like a decent NFL team when you don't.

Yeah, there's tons of talk of him going 3 or 4, probably by trade. If he's there at 5, our pick becomes trade-able.

Do I think the Browns actually like him enough to pick him? I kinda do. New administrations are like that about QBs.

Just wondering......if you could have one, without pro's and con's or hedging the answer, who would you rather have.....Quinn or Sanchez?

Mmm... no. I made one thread trying to start a debate about the two, and the second post just straight up flamed me.

<sarcasm>Maybe it was because that topic has never discussed before</sarcasm>

Do I need to link you to the Internet Forum etiquette video?

Stop getting all butt-hurt, kid. Society is a tough place. You better grow a thick skin, or you're in for a shitty life.

Just wondering......if you could have one, without pro's and con's or hedging the answer, who would you rather have.....Quinn or Sanchez?

Quinn, definitely.

Sanchez has not had anywhere near enough starts. Quinn had 4 years of starting + he's got some NFL experience.

Sanchez at bare minimum won't be ready to step in for a year and a half. I don't see how anyone would want Sanchez over Quinn.

Quinn,

Their both questions marks at this point. And I think quinn at least has a slight edge in having been here already working on the playbook ect.

Has he??

I am not saying anything against Quinn at all.....just wondering if we have had time to present anything....or even print up playbooks at this point.

I wonder if we aren't just assuming that has happened.....maybe I have missed something but I don't recall reading where the qb's have had in depth sessions with the OC or whoever.

They may have had some general discussions on philosophy and such, but that isn't anything that would throw someone way behind.

Have I missed something??

I watched the Fiesta bowl again the other day...ND vs. OSU.

I had forgot just how easliy OSU dominated that game.....And Quinn looked bad. I saw a lot of extremely ugly throws.

I'm not without my worries about Quinn. I think he needs his shot but If I got some great deal for him then I wouldn't hesitate to unload him. Even if the Browns had to wait until next year to get their QB.

It's a tough call for me. I like that Quinn has been here for two years already and knows how the NFL gets down. I also like his 4 years of starting at a big time college and think he has all that it takes to get the job done. I feel he has the pocket presence and leadership, along with enough mobility to sustain drives and take shots deep when they represent themselves. Basically, I think he has "it."

Sanchez may have a higher upside, however, and I really like his game and him a lot. He definitely has all the intangibles and I think he could start right now, although preferably another vet should probably start the season off. If the right deal is there for Quinn and they can fill more voids while getting Sanchez I don't have a problem with it. My only problem will be if they hang onto DA and start him. I really can't go through that again. Best case scenarion is moving both QB's, taking Sanchez, addressing other needs and snatching a veteran FA to start the season off. All that is contingent on getting the right deal for Quinn and getting Sanchez.

Has he??

I am not saying anything against Quinn at all.....just wondering if we have had time to present anything....or even print up playbooks at this point.

I wonder if we aren't just assuming that has happened.....maybe I have missed something but I don't recall reading where the qb's have had in depth sessions with the OC or whoever.

They may have had some general discussions on philosophy and such, but that isn't anything that would throw someone way behind.

Have I missed something??

Pretty sure Kokinis was quoted as saying Quinn's with Dabol working on the playbook.

Cool.....must have missed it...was in Las Vegas last week, so i didn't catch anything there and really didn't catch much the week earlier getting ready for the trip and taking care of business.

Brian Daboll worked with the offense in NE - and Charlie Weis who ran the offense for Brady Quinn. No brainer Peen

So you are saying my brain doesn't work as good as no brain??

:huh:

;)

Guest Aloysius

Per Peter King:

Sanchez feels like the pivot point. After Stafford goes one to Detroit and a tackle (Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe) two to the Rams, it's anyone's guess, starting with Kansas City. Seattle likes Sanchez and Michael Crabtree (and a tackle, maybe) at four. I've heard Cleveland (picking fifth) and Washington have already discussed a deal if Sanchez is still on the board at five. I don't expect Sanchez to be there at five.

The Browns don't even know what the Browns are going to do.

I'm sure you are correct as far as they don't know because they are unsure how the four picks before them are going to go and what may be offered from this day until the moment they are on the clock.

But I'm sure they know what they are going to do if things remain status Quo.....If they don't know five days before the draft then shame on them.

Archived