THE BROWNS BOARD

Sanchez?

VaporTrail

While I could care less which quarterback of ours we trade away, I really don't see the point of doing that and then using a first rounder on Sanchez. I just... don't get it.

Here's what I wrote in Hammertime's Tradedown thread yesterday regarding Sanchez:

Just remember 1 REALLY important thing when we discuss the fate of a Head Coach and GM. Nobody remembers the knuckleheads who drafted Ryan Leaf or Alex Smith; but it doesn't take longer than 1 second to remind us WHO drafted Tom Brady or Jim Kelly. These guys don't grow on trees so while I fully accept there's jockeying and a wide range of varying opinions on the top 40 rated guys - teams lacking the right QB aren't ever in the post season competing for anything special. Take us for example. Sipe and Kosar were special so December and January were exciting. I think this makes us ready for the next part below.

If we DRAFT Sanchez, I could see ONE really interested team drafting behind us willing to part with picks for the exchange value we want. I see Sanchez as the Trump Card to a nice trade down for whomever is in the perfect position to use it. Could be Seattle at #4 or us at #5.

If Seattle uses it, that COULD make Curry possible for us and that would NOT suck! #5 is a good spot to be in.

- Tom F.

Sanchez....But I'm not for unloading Quinn without a great deal.

I agree. I think Sanchez has the better arm and has been well coached. He is a fair weather california boy though and that does concern me a little. If they don't take a QB in the 1st they will later

Here's what I wrote in Hammertime's Tradedown thread yesterday regarding Sanchez:

Just remember 1 REALLY important thing when we discuss the fate of a Head Coach and GM. Nobody remembers the knuckleheads who drafted Ryan Leaf or Alex Smith; but it doesn't take longer than 1 second to remind us WHO drafted Tom Brady or Jim Kelly. These guys don't grow on trees so while I fully accept there's jockeying and a wide range of varying opinions on the top 40 rated guys - teams lacking the right QB aren't ever in the post season competing for anything special. Take us for example. Sipe and Kosar were special so December and January were exciting. I think this makes us ready for the next part below.

If we DRAFT Sanchez, I could see ONE really interested team drafting behind us willing to part with picks for the exchange value we want. I see Sanchez as the Trump Card to a nice trade down for whomever is in the perfect position to use it. Could be Seattle at #4 or us at #5.

If Seattle uses it, that COULD make Curry possible for us and that would NOT suck! #5 is a good spot to be in.

- Tom F.

on cleveland sports radio, the theory is that they are talking up Sanchez just in case Curry starts to slide. People think if sanchez and Curry are on the board at #3, then someone may try to trade with Kansas City to get Sanchez. Then curry very likely slides to #5 for Cleveland. In cleveland, they aren't so enamored with Sanchez.

Personally, I think we ought to give Quinn a season, and put a line and running game around him.

Inspecta Wrote:

If anybody tells you they know or have a good idea of what the Browns are going to do on Saturday they are completely effin' lying to your face.

The Browns don't even know what the Browns are going to do.

That's a classic quote. From what I've heard, Sanchez is the key to this whole draft. Seattle's off-season moves have been pointing to Crabtree, but they also need a QB. I think the browns are in much the same boat. I'd be willing to bet the Browns are looking to acquire either Sanchez or Crabtree. They have the framework in place to move either way, with both Brady/Edwards on the trading block, and both for first rounders. If you guys get Crabtree, Edwards is gone, if you get Sanchez, Quinn is gone.

Why are you smitten with Quinn? The guy will never make a good NFL QB, and my guess is your coach (Mangini) is not impressed with him (however, he can't get rid of him without a backup plan). Any pick over 22 overall is a steal for a bust QB. There is no way I would've ended my season over a bunk finger. It's too hard to get into this league as a starter, especially at QB. They should've had to restrain the guy, if he was really any good.

Anyways, Daniel Snyder is now smitten with Sanchez and he's gonna do his best to throw away his draft to get Sanchez. KC or Seattle is going to end up trading their spots away to someone to get Sanchez. Seattle trading gives the Browns the scenario they want most, as I believe you are primarily after Crabtree (since he is technically a better value at 5 than is Sanchez). KC trading means your likely to get Orapko, and that'll keep you from acquiring another 1st round pick later.

Archived