THE BROWNS BOARD

LIONS NEW LOOK AND LOGO......BROWNS SHOULD TOO!

gmp

In an attempt to change the MOJO and direction of the franchise...The Lions have put a new look into the franchise, with different uniforms and Logo......and I say good for them...

The Browns should follow suit and at leasdt change the uniforms...Keep the bland, vanilla helmet...but at least get the uniforms a little pizazz......no this won't put wins in the win column, but it would make for some cool jerseys and they would look good losing anyway... .....It's time!!!

Kudo's to the Lions...

Guaranteed this thread gets all kinds of responses. Hell, it's been at least a couple weeks since the last uniform thread.

Hey, why not now? There really is nothing going on.

Gotta love the Manwagon, those Oregon Trailers really get it.

Too much acid intake over the years is my guess.

Guaranteed this thread gets all kinds of responses. Hell, it's been at least a couple weeks since the last uniform thread.

Hey, why not now? There really is nothing going on.

Gotta love the Manwagon, those Oregon Trailers really get it.

Too much acid intake over the years is my guess.

Gmp... seriously...

We all check the sports news outlets often... we knew about this over a month ago.

In an attempt to change the MOJO and direction of the franchise...The Lions have put a new look into the franchise, with different uniforms and Logo......and I say good for them...

The Browns should follow suit and at leasdt change the uniforms...Keep the bland, vanilla helmet...but at least get the uniforms a little pizazz......no this won't put wins in the win column, but it would make for some cool jerseys and they would look good losing anyway... .....It's time!!!

Kudo's to the Lions...

No way. The one thing we should not embrace as change is the uniform and logoless situation.

We don't need bloody pizazz. We need to honour the no nonsense uniform by playing no nonsense football

Next youl want cheerleaders.

Howie you're talking to one of the manwagoner crew, you know those guys, the ones who have no clue about the Cleveland tradition.

Oh you mean the one tradition....of never getting to the superbowl....

You people with the tradition.......It's a losing franchise!!!...

and cheerleaders,!!!!! WTF!!,,,...the Cleveland area can't find 20 girls who would be cheerleading material......

Sorry, but I have to interject here. Regardless of the fact that the Cleveland Browns have past tradition with their uniforms and lack of cheerleaders, those days are in the past! Those Browns embraced an entire change of CITY! This team is not, regardless of it's name and how much we all would like it to be, the Traditional Cleveland Browns! Lie it or not, this is an expansion team! Still! And they are playing in 2009! It is time to update with the times! I don't see why everyone is so hellbent on everything staying the same! No one is proposing changing the name or colors! Only adding a little flair to the uniforms! It would boost jersey and parafanalia! Thus generating more revenue and interes in the team! You might even be able to attract some new younger fans...you know...the cleveland area kids that are steadily becoming Steeler fans and Cowboy fans and others?! What is honestly wrong with that? Can you give me a real reason for not changing with the times? Other than the old copout about Cleveland tradition!? I mean no disrespect, to Clevelanders or any Browns fans or anyone on here, but it is time to wake up and move at least into the present. How can we expect the team/organization to look toward the future when the fans are constantly preaching about the past and the City's previous team's traditions?

It's a losing franchise!!!...

475 - 376 - 13

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/

Only the Dolphins, Bears and Cowboys have higher winning percentages.

I presume you are a fan of one of them?

Zombo

--we fought hard to keep these colors and logo ... you can change them over our dead bodies

and cheerleaders,!!!!! WTF!!,,,...the Cleveland area can't find 20 girls who would be cheerleading material......

Yeah, because the Cav's don't have cheerleaders right?

you're so damn STUPID

Gee if I didn't know any better I'd say you sound like a Steeler fan.....oh wait...

Just because your oblivious to what transpired before 1999 doesn't mean we are a losing franchise.

And nice shot about Cleveland women, man you are racking up the "greatest fan of alltime" points.

Care to look up Jim Brown's address, go to his home, knock on the door then when he answers spit in his face?

I don't agree with gmp's remarks about the women and the way he presents his case, but the fact is, as I previously stated, this franchise didn't exist before 1999! That franchise is in Baltimore! Like it or not! And I don't like that fact either, but it is the truth!

I REALLY like the new logo. Classy change. Not too much but a bit more aggressive. Nice color too.

I don't see what's different about the uniforms. The numbers are different?

Our colors and uni's are classic. Classic doesn't get updates or changed, it becomes cool when the team wins again. Changing colors or uni's doesn't bring wins.

Do the Penn State thing.

Keep the helmets the same, but use the Dawg more prominently in other places. Gotta say it bums me a little at the beginning of the broadcast when the opposing team has some cool emblem/logo and we have a white and brown stripe on an orange background. For Penn State, they'd use their lion logo, even though its not on their uni's anywhere.

Although, I wouldn't mind some contouring of the stripe on the pants. I liked the brown pants from last year too.

Then, there's always the Alabama-type of thing ;) :

Quinn10Helmet.jpg

i don't even need to say anything about pittsburgh girls other than it being hard enough to find 20 who arent f*cking their brother

That doesn't look too bad, although if we have a guy with a really long name it will look silly.

I wanna see the helmet done with this name:

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala

Changing the uniform or helmets is a BAD idea. Changing the talent and attitude is a GOOD idea.

When we lift the trophy I want it to be with the same logoless helmets and non nonsense uniform to that we can restore the pride in what this team is all about.

It would seriously break my heart and render us a bunch of pussies to have anything near "pizazz". Imagine changing the uniform to the "pizazz" version and still coming in 4 - 12. No thanks.

Gee if I didn't know any better I'd say you sound like a Steeler fan.....oh wait...

Just because your oblivious to what transpired before 1999 doesn't mean we are a losing franchise.

And nice shot about Cleveland women, man you are racking up the "greatest fan of alltime" points.

Care to look up Jim Brown's address, go to his home, knock on the door then when he answers spit in his face?

You mean the Jim Brown from the 60's...and we are now in what?...2009....So were supposed to hold onto that??/.

for how long?....Let it Go MAN!....This is a good time to bury that era...even if it was a winning time...Be Gone, and move on How many fans in the stadium were even born at that time...???

Nothing worse then a hanger on who lives in the past!

You mean the Jim Brown from the 60's...and we are now in what?...2009....So were supposed to hold onto that??/.

for how long?....Let it Go MAN!....This is a good time to bury that era...even if it was a winning time...Be Gone, and move on How many fans in the stadium were even born at that time...???

Nothing worse then a hanger on who lives in the past!

We don't need more fans, we'll keep our history, thanks.

Do the Penn State thing.

Keep the helmets the same, but use the Dawg more prominently in other places. Gotta say it bums me a little at the beginning of the broadcast when the opposing team has some cool emblem/logo and we have a white and brown stripe on an orange background. For Penn State, they'd use their lion logo, even though its not on their uni's anywhere.

Although, I wouldn't mind some contouring of the stripe on the pants. I liked the brown pants from last year too.

Then, there's always the Alabama-type of thing ;) :

I like your idea of having a symbol to represent the franchise but not on the uni's, Ocon, but I HATE the dawg symbol. If there's anything that should be let go, it's the dawg symbol.

I know, I know, the dawg is classic, right? Well, it's not. It's from the '80s. Dixon and Minniefield made it up. So it's not exactly ancient.

And if anything, use of the dawg symbol legitimizes the idea that we can and should mess with the classic Browns look.

What I'd like to see is the Browns choose a classic looking typeface and stick to it and then use a "CB" or "B" logo based on that font and make that our "symbol". There have been a few of those floating around but none have stuck. I want a good, solid logo that says "BROWNS FOOTBALL" and no gimmicks like that damn dawg.

That's exactly why we could call them the, "DAWGETTES'. I really would like to see a change back to the all white face masks, that dull grey just doesn't get it.

This team is not, regardless of it's name and how much we all would like it to be, the Traditional Cleveland Browns! Lie it or not, this is an expansion team!

Incorrect. Cleveland won the lawsuit. The expansion team is in Baltimore. The Browns are in Cleveland with a 3 year gap in their history. Mike Tomlin is wrong too.

The NFL also disagrees with you. : http://www.profootballhof.com/history/team...?franchise_id=8 (Pasted below for your convenience)

Some people just can't grasp "old school" or "spartan". Perhaps the colors should be changed to brown and orange instead of orange and brown.

I like the elf but the dude needs pads.

The Cleveland Browns were born in 1944 when Cleveland businessman Arthur B. McBride acquired a franchise in the new All-America Football Conference that would begin play in 1946. McBride's first act after acquiring the team was to hire Paul Brown, who had been a very successful high school, college and service coach, as coach and general manager.

The teams of the AAFC basically were of comparable quality to those of the NFL but, in the first 10 years of post-World War II pro football, the Cleveland Browns proved to be the best in either league. With such all-time greats as quarterback Otto Graham, fullback Marion Motley and tackle-kicker Lou Groza leading the way, Cleveland won all four AAFC championships and amassed a 52-4-3 winning record. When the AAFC folded after the 1949 season, many insisted a major reason was the Browns' dominance that eliminated any viable competition.

The AAFC-NFL settlement called for the Browns, San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Colts to join the NFL. Many NFL diehards, still not convinced the Browns were for real, expected Cleveland to fail badly when they played against the established NFL teams. But the Browns quickly proved their domination was no fluke by opening the 1950 season with a stunning 35-10 victory over the defending NFL champion Philadelphia Eagles. Cleveland then won the NFL Eastern Conference championship for six straight years from 1950 to 1955 and NFL titles in 1950, 1954 and 1955.

Jim BrownThe Browns won another divisional title in 1957, a year that saw the great running back from Syracuse, Jim Brown, join the team. In his nine-season career, Jim Brown rushed for 12,312 yards, a lifetime record that stood for more than 20 years.

The Paul Brown era ended after the 1962 season and he was replaced by a former assistant, Blanton Collier. Collier gave the Browns their last NFL championship in 1964, when they defeated the Baltimore Colts, 27-0.

The Browns reached the post-season playoffs 22 times in their first 40 years in the NFL. In addition to their four NFL championships between 1950 and 1964, they won 11 NFL American/Eastern Conference championships, three NFL Century Division titles and AFC Central Division championships in 1971, 1980, 1985, 1986, 1987 and 1989.

In 1961, Arthur B. Modell purchased the Browns for a then-unheard-of price of $4 million. From the start, he was recognized as one of the NFL's more progressive leaders. But Modell stunned the pro football world in 1995 when he announced that he would transfer his Cleveland franchise to Baltimore to begin play in 1996.

Determined to keep the team in Cleveland, Browns fans and Cleveland city officials orchestrated an unprecedented grass-roots campaign to block the move. The NFL quickly responded and, working with city officials, developed a unique solution that not only provided for a new state-of-the-art stadium, but guaranteed the return of pro football to Cleveland by no later than 1999. Additionally, Art Modell agreed to relinquish the "Browns" name, colors and team history to the new owner of the suspended franchise.

Archived