THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Tuesday

The Gipper

I still think that Cuntry music show would be a good one for this year's Houston Super Bowl. Unless you have a SB in Nashville there is probably no better venue for such a thing. After all, this was set in Houston:

But let me ask this: Is the NFL opposed to having a top country act for its halftime show, because a high percent of the players are young and black....who are not down with country, believing it is more of a white genre of music?

lol... remember seeing Urban Cowboy in the Parma theatre during a visit to my folks with my then wife.

Probably annoyed the other attendees with comments like, "There's the Deer Park, Shell refinery on 225", and other local knowledge comments.

Side story: A couple employees of Diamond Shamrock's Deer Park Works, where I worked, moonlighted as extras on the movie and can be seen in "Sissy's" mechanical bull scene. One of them, Ben something, who I knew from Rec Association sports, can be heard saying, "Look her nipples are hard," as she rolled around on Gilley's bull. Ben also had a couple "screen moments" in the dance scenes.

Anyway Ben struck up in a kind of friendship with Travolta, who told him to "come to Hollywood," which he did. Never heard of him again. But Ben was a real life, urban cowboy.

Here is today's Survey. Give your opinions/answers:

1. Which Brown's player that was "let go" (cut, lost in FA etc.) will the Browns miss most from last year?

Gotta be Schwartz and Mack. 2 very solid, home grown players that we let walk away.....without any viable replacements. This poor decision will show itself over and over again, throughout the season.

Shoulda kept Whitner too.....

2. ESPN had him ranked the 33rd best QB in the league (of only 32 teams??) What is your prediction for how well Robert Griffin will perform at QB this year?

Based upon question #1?....he will probably get hurt. 1991 was the last season we had a QB play 16 games.....thats 25 years ago.....and our Oline is bad, soooooo.....

3. The Cavaliers are NBA Champs. The Indians have the best...or nearly the best record in the AL, and could challenge for the MLB title. The Cleveland Monsters won a Championship. On the other hand, I detect a strong note of Apathy when it comes to the Cleveland Browns. Sort of a "yea, they are fucking losers....I have better things to occupy my time with". Do you get that same feeling.....and don't you think that is very bad for a team to have amongst its fan base. At least if they are pissed off they care. Apathy is worse. Do you see this?

Yes. Lots of apathy AND anger.....not only do I see it, Im now feeling it.......

4. Adele says she turned down doing the halftime show of the Super Bowl because that show is not really about "music" but is all about showmanship, and since she doesn't dance or anything she would not be able to give a good show. So, is her claim justified, or does she just want to avoid the embarrassment of being the Jabba the Hutt of the entertainment world?

And who would you get to do the show that would put on a great show (who has not done if previously?)

Dont care.....half time is designed for pissing and beer runs......

5. What is the best thing you have ever done?

Yep....Ive done some good things professionally(build and sold a couple companies) but, far and away, my greatest pride is my offspring and their accomplishments.......

lol... remember seeing Urban Cowboy in the Parma theatre during a visit to my folks with my then wife.

Probably annoyed the other attendees with comments like, "There's the Deer Park, Shell refinery on 225", and other local knowledge comments.

Side story: A couple employees of Diamond Shamrock's Deer Park Works, where I worked, moonlighted as extras on the movie and can be seen in "Sissy's" mechanical bull scene. One of them, Ben something, who I knew from Rec Association sports, can be heard saying, "Look her nipples are hard," as she rolled around on Gilley's bull. Ben also had a couple "screen moments" in the dance scenes.

Anyway Ben struck up in a kind of friendship with Travolta, who told him to "come to Hollywood," which he did. Never heard of him again. But Ben was a real life, urban cowboy.

I remember seeing that movie and thinking the very same thing. "Her nipples are hard"....and then your guys yells it out.

Was that ad lib...or did the director call for him to say that?

Theoretically, if a person speaks a line in a movie, they are supposed to be paid more than if they are just an extra. Also, as I understand it, if they have a line, they are eligible for membership in the Screen Actors Guild.

With that one throw in line, yes, he would have been eligible for work that a lot of other "Hollywood Actors" could not get.

Here is today's Survey. Give your opinions/answers:

2. ESPN had him ranked the 33rd best QB in the league (of only 32 teams??) What is your prediction for how well Robert Griffin will perform at QB this year?

Based upon question #1?....he will probably get hurt. 1991 was the last season we had a QB play 16 games.....thats 25 years ago.....and our Oline is bad, soooooo.....

I don't think that is right. Tim Couch played all 16 games one year. Right, in checking, Tim Couch started all 16 games in 2001. That is the last year that happened.

I remember seeing that movie and thinking the very same thing. "Her nipples are hard"....and then your guys yells it out.

Was that ad lib...or did the director call for him to say that?

You clearly have an eye for "detail"...

I believe ad lib... probably by way of the extras, most of whom were core, Gilley's regulars being told by the director to be themselves.

You clearly have an eye for "detail"...

I believe ad lib... probably by way of the extras, most of whom were core, Gilley's regulars being told by the director to be themselves.

There they are. Hard nipples and all.

FYI...Debra Winger is from Cleveland.

Winger was born Debra Lynn Winger in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, into an Orthodox Jewish family, to Robert Winger, a meat packer, and Ruth (née Felder), an office manager.[2][3][4]Over the years, she told many interviewers that she volunteered on an Israeli kibbutz, sometimes even saying she had trained with the Israel Defense Forces,[5] but in a 2008 interview she said she was merely on a typical youth tour that visited the kibbutz.[6] After returning to the United States, she was involved in a car accident and suffered a cerebral hemorrhage; as a result, she was left partially paralyzed and blind for ten months, having initially been told that she would never see again. With time on her hands to think about her life, she decided that, if she recovered, she would move to California and become an actress.[7]

Career[edit]

Well, lets face, while Queen is in like my Top 5 favorite bands ever, since the death of Freddie Mercury, they have really just been a tribute band to themselves, bring in replacements like Paul Rogers, Adam Lambert, etc. So, I guess the powers that be see them no more relevant than bringing back some other "Classic" bands.

They could bring in Elton John and Billy Joel for a piano duel. those two have never performed.

Or do those Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd reunions.

And FYI, the next Super Bowl will be in Houston....so maybe a country theme would be in order. Garth Brooks, George Strait (is he still alive), Kenny Rogers, Reba

Agreed on Queen. Elton John? Too laid back. Zep and the Floyd are down to 2 of the originals, (in the case of the Floyd Gilmour and Mason- seriously doubt Watters would be interested in another reunion) Though the Floyd put on an incredible stage show (if you've never watched "Pulse" I highly recommend it)- that type of music is probably too mellow for a SB show- and I agree- they sort of want a more dynamic act.

Agreed on Queen. Elton John? Too laid back. Zep and the Floyd are down to 2 of the originals, (in the case of the Floyd Gilmour and Mason- seriously doubt Watters would be interested in another reunion) Though the Floyd put on an incredible stage show (if you've never watched "Pulse" I highly recommend it)- that type of music is probably too mellow for a SB show- and I agree- they sort of want a more dynamic act.

Avoid the whole "what music act should they bring in" and do like Cirque du Soleil or something?

Avoid the whole "what music act should they bring in" and do like Cirque du Soleil or something?

That's an interesting idea. I'm sure you'd get plenty of excitement from say some aerobatics, or military show of some kind.

Archived