THE BROWNS BOARD

Got This Feeling...

One Post

Pryor has really surprised me......it's clear this is not the same spoiled selfish guy that used to play for OSU....Im pretty excited to see the 3 amigos (Coop, Gordon and Pryor) all lined up together.....

Its just too bad they burned 3 more picks on WR, when we had so many other needs.....

I still don't get it. Sure we needed help there, but we didn't need a tsunami.

So, what is this crap? BR doesn't play, our Coleman doesn't, ditto Gordon. I mean- is it that difficult to tell Flash just go deep, and I'll toss it up there? If teams are so scared of getting players hurt, why even have a preseason? The fans seem to agree, I doubt there were 40k there at the start of the game, and those stands were mighty empty at the end. After the game, the traffic was NO problem.

That's why preseason is all but worthless for determining how a team will play when the real thing comes about. Winning in the preseason is not a priority, keeping starters healthy and finalizing a roster is what's really important. The only thing I like about preseason is that it means real football is almost here.

Pryor has really surprised me......it's clear this is not the same spoiled selfish guy that used to play for OSU....Im pretty excited to see the 3 amigos (Coop, Gordon and Pryor) all lined up together.....

Its just too bad they burned 3 more picks on WR, when we had so many other needs.....

It seems to me that the difference with Pryor is the coaching staff. Guys Like Hue and Saunders garner respect from WRs the league over.

As far as the other WR spots, I have a feeling of my own: we won't end up lamenting the selection of Hollywood Higgins.

I still don't get it. Sure we needed help there, but we didn't need a tsunami.

Popular view was we stuck to our board, but yeah when one of your WRs is there every time it's your turn... sooner or later another position should be there as well.

Only thing I can figure is our analytics' law of numbers, i.e., odds were some of our picks were not going to flesh out. If it turns out they all do look NFL worthy, then it's the "embarrassment of riches" syndrome at one position. Unfortunately it looks likely to be paired with the "dearth of talent" syndrome at another... or two...

No guarantees a pick or two diverted would have produced real help at other positions, but sure looks like we could use it.

One other thought on a 5 WR draft... Other than Coleman, who will likely be on a 5-yr track, the other 4 will hit FA at the same time.

Nope Gip, the Browns (at least) have gone to variable pricing. You're right in that I'm forced to buy the 2 preseason games as part of the package, and that's been the case almost forever, though WAY back in the 60s it wasn't so. Though also back in the 60s you saw some semblance of a real game. FWIW, the "nominal" price of my season ticket works out to $95 per game. BUT whoopee, I only get charged $60 for the two preseason games. They make that up charging $130 for the "premium" games- the opener against the Ravens, and the Patriots and Cowboys games. Interestingly, the Steelers game is less- I think $110, though I'm too lazy to pull out the tickets and look at the price.

Okay, thanks for the dope.

Takes more than one draft. The offense is pretty much set now.

Is it? Center and RT are by no means settled. Well, center is settled in that they know they will have Erving starting.....but he is still a huge question mark....and I by no means have that as settled.

And OK, skill players are "settled" in that we know who will man those spots....but still, their performances are big question marks....except for Barnidge. This includes all other TEs, WRs, RBs and QB.

Yes, these players will play...but will they play well.

I get this real special feeling of you being a dick. If this happens it need be recorded.

A ) Its been recorded you were wrong.

B ) I'm the dick says the guy who sacks piping hot sandwiches and ice cold beers in the same bag for how long? Good luck on your new job, may it occupy more of your time for all our sakes.

Is it? Center and RT are by no means settled. Well, center is settled in that they know they will have Erving starting.....but he is still a huge question mark....and I by no means have that as settled.

And OK, skill players are "settled" in that we know who will man those spots....but still, their performances are big question marks....except for Barnidge. This includes all other TEs, WRs, RBs and QB.

Yes, these players will play...but will they play well.

No team is ever going to have 11 great players starting on offense at one time. I'm saying in general, we've got the guys on offense to be "set." Of course that will involve a liability or two here or there.

No team is ever going to have 11 great players starting on offense at one time. I'm saying in general, we've got the guys on offense to be "set." Of course that will involve a liability or two here or there.

You know the old bromide: you are only as strong as your weakest link. Especially true for an offensive line. We got a couple of possible weak links that could affect the entire operation of this offense. If the center cannot do a good job of blocking up the middle, the QB could be toast. Same for the RBs. No center push, no OL push, no RB is going much of anywhere.

Archived