THE BROWNS BOARD

Mingo traded to Patriots

LogicIsForSquares

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fifth rounder? eh......

that's practically nothing. how many fifth rounders are impact? we have to get really lucky to hit.

i'm by no means a mingo fan (screamed at the TV when we drafted him), but damn, have to get some kind of investment on our return.

I agree, we trade a 6th overall pick for a fifth rounder.

However, Mingo was going to be a FA at the end of the 2016 season.

I'm glad we were able to get something out of him.

As has been said, he appeared on his way to being cut and we should be happy that we got SOMETHING for him.

I didn't like the pick from instant one......but I like the guy. He did everything we asked him to do without complaining. He played an entire season with one arm. Granted he was never very good.

I wish him well.

that opens the door to a position spot for one of the instinctive, physical lb's.

Just makes sense. Good luck to Mingo - until he's with the patriot scum and is on the roster. ?

man if the patriots are scum then i guess i'd hope the browns were at least filth.

LMK when the franchise in NE ohio now, as it is, compares to what the patriots have done the last 2 decades............and i ain't talking pre 90s.

bunch of homers.

that opens the door to a position spot for one of the instinctive, physical lb's.

And who would that be??......dont look now, but Mingo leads the OLB's in tackles so far this spring .....

So, it's Schobert, Johnson and Neal....

Oh, and I see they still have Ogbah listed as an OLB.....started him at OLB, then moved him back to DE and now, maybe, moving him back to OLB?????

Not so sure thats how you handle a top pick and get him started on the right foot.....nope, not at all.....

sheard - browns. shows great motor. knows how to get after QB.

browns solution: have him play OLB. patriots: have him play his position DE.

mingo - ditto.

Mingo is not Sheard.

Mingo is soft and dumb. Shears is a man.

We just got a free fifth round chip for nothing.

Z

Oh, and I see they still have Ogbah listed as an OLB.....started him at OLB, then moved him back to DE and now, maybe, moving him back to OLB?????

Not so sure thats how you handle a top pick and get him started on the right foot.....nope, not at all.....

It certainly didn't do Erving any good.

I was kinda' hoping that the new coaches wouldn't do that.

I've said it before.. I'll say it again .. Mingo does NOT HAVE the killer intinct needed to play the position.. Mingo is a WUSSIE!...Adios!

I've said it before.. I'll say it again .. Mingo does NOT HAVE the killer intinct needed to play the position.. Mingo is a WUSSIE!...Adios!

If I was in poll to choose who would be the first NFL player to come out as homo, Barky would be my first round pick.

Z

--Mingo likes the dingo

And who would that be??......dont look now, but Mingo leads the OLB's in tackles so far this spring .....

So, it's Schobert, Johnson and Neal....

oth, Mud, that would be...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jackson-jeffcoat?id=2543660

"BOTTOM LINE

Developmental 3-4 rush-linebacker prospect with the pedigree and sack production to warrant interest. However, Jeffcoat will need to get stronger and improve vs. the run to ever become more than a backup."

Jeffcoat is about as quick, far more instinctive, far more a physical player.

His instincts, football smarts, leadership, and physicality is far superior to Mingo. Trading Mingo is a no-brainer.

Jeffcoat LOVES THE GAME. THAT fits the Browns football player profile.

https://youtu.be/_Ix1rnfGKsY

If I was in poll to choose who would be the first NFL player to come out as homo, Barky would be my first round pick.

Z

--Mingo likes the dingo

Him and Michael Sam should hug each others ball sacs.

oth, Mud, that would be...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jackson-jeffcoat?id=2543660

Jeffcoat is about as quick, far more instinctive, far more a physical player.

BOTTOM LINE

Developmental 3-4 rush-linebacker prospect with the pedigree and sack production to warrant interest. However, Jeffcoat will need to get stronger and improve vs. the run to ever become more than a backup.

His instincts, football smarts, and physicality is far superior to Mingo. Trading Mingo is a no-brainer.

Jeffcoat LOVES THE GAME. THAT fits the Browns football player profile.

https://youtu.be/_Ix1rnfGKsY

Sounds like an awesome prospect.....except we cut him 3 weeks ago......

But maybe they'll resign the guy they thought so little of that they cut him before they needed too....eh?

THEY CUT HIM?

son of a... he was on the depth chart...

dammit. lol

was put on the PUP list for a hammy.

too bad.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/07/cleveland_browns_place_linebac.html

Cut on August first....and he's not on the Browns depth chart......

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

Dont worry though....Krugers a beast and now that we have a coach that wont misuse him, well be fine....

Im expecting double digit sacks and at least 40 tackles.....

Question: whos the only Browns starter that doesnt even have a tackle yet???.....guess......

yep. was reading too fast...

had been looking at this predictions of cuts, but it was dated July 28th.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/7/28/12309918/cleveland-browns-53-man-roster-projection-pre-training-camp-edition

My bad. He was predicted to be cut, too. Has had different injuries, etc.

"never mind".

But.....I guess the good news(really) is that, since this is clearly a lost season, we will see LOTS of our youth getting defensive reps....

and, in the end, if they're good players, it will pay off.....ala Schobert, Campbell, Kindred, Ogbah, Nassib, Cooper, Shelton and Orchard.....

Should be painful, but interesting.......

Ogbah got moved when Desmond Bryant went out for the season.

I am surprised we didnt package a deal to send Mingo to them for that center they traded to the Skins. I still think we need some more depth there.

We've got a second year first round pick who will start 16 games at center.

Everyone that posted something in this thread about Mingo flourishing under Belichick is gay ... Just like Mingo

Z

Archived