THE BROWNS BOARD

BREAKING: NCAA Become the SJW Thug Arm, Pull Championships From Seven NC Teams

OldBrownsFan

This is political correctness run amok.

The NCAA is pulling seven 2016-2017 championships from North Carolina because of the state's stance on LGBT rights.

The championship events, which span a number of sports, include the first and second rounds of the 2017 Men's Basketball Championship, NCAA President Mark Emmert said in a statement. The only championships permitted in North Carolina this academic year are ones in which athletes earn the right to play the game on their campus.

"The NCAA Constitution clearly states our values of inclusion and gender equity," said Susquehanna University President Jay Lemons, vice chairman of the NCAA Board of Governors. "Our membership comprises many different types of schools ... and we believe this action appropriately reflects the collective will of that diverse group."

So the NCAA is going to punish young athletes who have practiced, devoted themselves to their craft, and earned their way, just to force an agenda?

This is the way liberals operate. It is nothing short of strong arm tactics, meant to force compliance.

That they’re doing this in an election season is not a coincidence.

The NCAA says that host cities must “prove” they can ensure the dignity of everyone involved in the event, but what they actually mean is everyone that falls into one of their protected fringe groups.

The rest of us can just suck it.

They cite the NC bathroom law that doesn’t treat transgenders as a “protected class” as one of the reasons.

They didn’t take note of the series of reports from around the country, where predators are taking advantage of these “protected class” leniencies, by videoing young girls and women in various stages of undress, grinding, twerking, and otherwise being lewd.

The affected championships are:

• 2016 Division I Women's Soccer Championship, College Cup (Cary), December 2 and 4.

• 2016 Division III Men's and Women's Soccer Championships (Greensboro), December. 2 and 3.

• 2017 Division I Men's Basketball Championship, first/second rounds (Greensboro), March 17 and 19.

• 2017 Division I Women's Golf Championships, regional (Greenville), May 8-10.

• 2017 Division III Men's and Women's Tennis Championships (Cary), May 22-27.

• 2017 Division I Women's Lacrosse Championship (Cary), May 26 and 28.

• 2017 Division II Baseball Championship (Cary), May 27-June 3.

This is a disgusting stance from the NCAA. No longer do they care about sportsmanship or the skill involved in getting to a championship.

Now, they’re nothing more than thugs tasked with carrying out the perverse agenda of the far left fringe.

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/09/12/breaking-ncaa-become-sjw-thug-arm-pull-championships-seven-nc-teams/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for fun, let's try and look at this another way.

This is how republicans operate. There is a nationwide law that's come in to effect, yet individual states still waste millions of tax payer dollars passing these unenforceable and destined-to-be-shot-down laws in order to rile up the base against anything resembling equal rights. It's happened in NC with bathrooms, it's happened in Texas with gay marriage, in Indiana and the rest with the 'religious freedom restoration' nonsense, and how much money is being wasted on these political stunts that are doomed to failure - even the people passing the laws know they are.

You could look at it as a protest law. Sure, I get that. But is it up to state legislature to protest in such a way? I'm not saying the way the BLM or Occupy protesters do so is the golden standard, but there are countless ways to actually protest without wasting money that could be spent on better education, health, infrastructure or policing for example.

The student athletes are not being punished. The events are not home games for the athletes that are being taken away. They're events that North Carolina colleges etc have applied to host, but which are now being moved elsewhere.

See states refusing money for Obamacare as another example. Texas could have had $100bn as part of it and insured a whole buttload of people, but refused.

To be clear, I'm not completely thrilled that the NCAA would get involved in this kind of thing, and the way they are doing so is kind of backdoor-ish - "ensuring dignity for all involved" etc. when I'm sure plenty come from states where they don't necessarily have the intended level of dignity.

Another chapter in this generation's human rights struggle.

The student athletes are not being punished.

It probably doesn't seem that way to someone who thinks that because a few negro criminals are killed by police officers then Justice is served by killing innocent cops.

Not that you have ever made such a horrible comment but it's along those lines.

Kind of like the old plot device where the bad guy announces he's going to start killing hostages one every 10 minutes until his demands are met.

;)

WSS

It probably doesn't seem that way to someone who thinks that because if you negro criminals are killed by police officers when Justice is served by killing innocent cops.

Can you rephrase that? Perhaps your speech to text thing went a bit haywire but the sentence doesn't make sense.

Sorry sir. It should be a few. not If you.

Point being punishing random innocent police officers or white people for the misdeeds of one or two unrelated ones.

WSS

OK thanks.

You're trying to conflate two very different things here - 'neutral' events being moved because the organising body feels the host doesn't meet certain criteria (like Russia hosting the soccer world cup in 2018 despite a horrible LGBT rights record) is a far cry from killing cops.

And while you rightly caveat it with me not having said that killing cops is right, you're saying that most people who feel the NCAA is right, also feel that the cop-killers are right, which is just plain wrong. You'll be shocked to learn I know a fair amount of full-on SJWs who constantly post stuff on facebook. Yet, they're also the first to speak out against attacks on police, against slut-shaming Melania Trump, even against people intimidating that swimming rapist.

Of course I'm comparing two very different things. That's my MO. But its the same concept whether it's denying all the kids a trip to the amusement park because one kid didn't clean up his room and bombing a city because they won't send out the rebel leader. Hyperbole? Sure.

Speaking of Facebook I never post political shift and really even respond. Even if I do it's pretty measured. But there are certainly some crazy mother fuckers out there.

WSS

Oh for sure, there is plenty of crazy shit posted on facebook, but that doesn't mean that if you campaign for LGBT rights you're automatically out shooting police.

If that's your whole MO, hyperbolic logical fallacies, you need to rethink it.

Oh for sure, there is plenty of crazy shit posted on facebook, but that doesn't mean that if you campaign for LGBT rights you're automatically out shooting police.

If that's your whole MO, hyperbolic logical fallacies, you need to rethink it.

I try never to deal in absolutes. My "whole" MO? Not nearly.

Well I still must have been unclear as you've missed the correlation.

There are plenty of other observations that could be drawn but my main point was punishing everyone severely for the minor misdeeds of a few.

I could point to an old example of withholding Highway funds from the state of Ohio because the voters didn't vote raise the drinking age to an unrealistic 21 years.

WSS

I try never to deal in absolutes. My "whole" MO? Not nearly.

Well I still must have been unclear as you've missed the correlation.

There are plenty of other observations that could be drawn but my main point was punishing everyone severely for the minor misdeeds of a few.

I could point to an old example of withholding Highway funds from the state of Ohio because the voters didn't vote raise the drinking age to an unrealistic 21 years.

WSS

Under Ronald Reagan's watch it seems. But also ridiculous (as is the drinking age limit of 21 anyway).

Also, kinda like 'carpet bombing until the sand glows' the middle east because of the actions of ISIS?

Under Ronald Reagan's watch it seems. But also ridiculous (as is the drinking age limit of 21 anyway).

Also, kinda like 'carpet bombing until the sand glows' the middle east because of the actions of ISIS?

Sure kinda. At least drones taking out 50 civilians women and children to get some low-level Isis jerk off. But that's not Reagan is it? :o

WSS

This is another example of how stupid this law is. I just moved from NC and they are losing business left and right to include these events. Take away your personal views on the situation and realize the government of North Carolina passed a bill that was a complete non-issue and as a result is ruining the NC economy.

This bill has hurt NC for years to come a lot more than saving the poor women and children in bathrooms. But hey, I'm happy people think that a stupid law is more important than jobs and economic stability. Classic example of the people speaking with their wallets.

it isn't a stupid law, it's just defying the creeping leftist crud by obamao and the rest of the left,

like the black destruction of Mordor.

The NCAA has no business trying to manipuate for the left. It just means obamao and the rest

control everything single thing they want to control.

They have to try, since their secret culture war is on a short term success schedule.

Sure, it's BAD for any state or city to defy the evil dicktater obaMao.

But you libs are happy with the cities and states? that are "sanctuary zones".

Then you emotionally reverse your stances, as most always, liberal style.

Leftists just HATE being opposed. They demand to own and control every freaking thing. And that

required them to turn it upside down, inside out, and bass-ackwards.

asswholes.

it isn't a stupid law, it's just defying the creeping leftist crud by obamao and the rest of the left,

like the black destruction of Mordor.

The NCAA has no business trying to manipuate for the left. It just means obamao and the rest

control everything single thing they want to control.

They have to try, since their secret culture war is on a short term success schedule.

Sure, it's BAD for any state or city to defy the evil dicktater obaMao.

But you libs are happy with the cities and states? that are "sanctuary zones".

Then you emotionally reverse your stances, as most always, liberal style.

Leftists just HATE being opposed. They demand to own and control every freaking thing. And that

required them to turn it upside down, inside out, and bass-ackwards.

asswholes.

Cal, the law probably applied to the 10 transgender people in NC. So because the legislators there created a boogeyman, people have been voting with their wallets.

My wife and I were down in Charleston, SC over the summer. There was an insane amount of tourists. It made getting around near impossible. We asked the locals why that was and they said that the NC bathroom law has drummed up even more business than usual. So it isn't some Obama conspiracy that made people vote with their wallets. The tourists disagreed with NC and took their money somewhere else.

Cal, the law probably applied to the 10 transgender people in NC. So because the legislators there created a boogeyman, people have been voting with their wallets.

My wife and I were down in Charleston, SC over the summer. There was an insane amount of tourists. It made getting around near impossible. We asked the locals why that was and they said that the NC bathroom law has drummed up even more business than usual. So it isn't some Obama conspiracy that made people vote with their wallets. The tourists disagreed with NC and took their money somewhere else.

The sad part is if you don't live in crazy land this is as obvious as possible to understand. It's directly what is occurring.

So all these people were pissed because NC didn't want someone who was not the sex of the birth certificate to piss in another rest room. I find that pretty hard to believe.

So all these people were pissed because NC didn't want someone who was not the sex of the birth certificate to piss in another rest room. I find that pretty hard to believe.

I have been to Charleston in July and August several times and never seen it that congested with people. It made visiting the restaurants and shops we normally go to damn near impossible.

I still don't give two shits where someone drops their load.

Everyone's worried about their poor young little girls going into the bathroom with perverted old men. If the parents are so worried they could just go in there with them

It's like a "gun free zone" sign is not going to stop somebody planning on robbing or shooting up the place.

A born-with gender only bathroom law isn't going to stop a predator.

Read in our local paper recently a man loitering inside a women's restroom. He apparently was warned once by the manager of the store to leave and came back and the second time the police were called but he was gone by the time the police got there. If the argument is there is such only a tiny percent of transgendered people than why are they being catered to at the expense of the vast majority?

Archived