THE BROWNS BOARD

BREAKING: NCAA Become the SJW Thug Arm, Pull Championships From Seven NC Teams

OldBrownsFan

Read in our local paper recently a man loitering inside a women's restroom. He apparently was warned once by the manager of the store to leave and came back and the second time the police were called but he was gone by the time the police got there. If the argument is there is such only a tiny percent of transgendered people than why are they being catered to at the expense of the vast majority?

The catering and the overreaction are both stupid. That was easy enough to answer. Creating a giant issue for such a small minority of people is just as fucking stupid as people flipping out and thinking Dr. Frank N. Furter is going to dive out and snatch up their kid.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart

Congressman wrote beautiful letter to NBA Commish Silver after his decision to pull the All Star game out of Carolina...over the hypocrisy of his plan to sell NBA tickets in China, guilty of human rights abuses far greater than requiring men to use the mens restrooms.

Fuckin leftist hypocrisy once again rears its ugly head.

2vufocy.png

The catering and the overreaction are both stupid. That was easy enough to answer. Creating a giant issue for such a small minority of people is just as fucking stupid as people flipping out and thinking Dr. Frank N. Furter is going to dive out and snatch up their kid.

Is it really that hard to know who should use the men's restroom and who should use the women's restroom (showers, changing rooms etc..) ? Men use the men's room and ladies use the ladies room. If someone is confused about their gender or transitioning then their gender determines what room they use. What is in your pants or under your skirt decides not what is between your ears. That used to be the good old test and it ought to be the test going forward.

Is it really that hard to know who should use the men's restroom and who should use the women's restroom (showers, changing rooms etc..) ? Men use the men's room and ladies use the ladies room. If someone is confused about their gender or transitioning then their gender determines what room they use. What is in your pants or under your skirt decides not what is between your ears. That used to be the good old test and it ought to be the test going forward.

Alternatively, we could teach men that it's not OK to grope, peep, rape, or do any manner of lewd things, then this whole issue is irrelevant.

Besides, are you literally going to check every single person's genitalia before they go to the bathroom? No, that's ridiculous.

Alternatively, we could teach men that it's not OK to grope, peep, rape, or do any manner of lewd things, then this whole issue is irrelevant.

Besides, are you literally going to check every single person's genitalia before they go to the bathroom? No, that's ridiculous.

You mean no more 'rape 101' courses?

You going to be patting dicks and vaginas to make sure everyone is complying? No. Nor will I or anyone else. Transgendered people were already using the shitters that they thought corresponded with their preferred gender before all of the fervor for or against bathroom laws.

I do have to comment on this. Guys already know these things. The idea that guys don't is some made up boogeyman that dudes are just raised to be peeping toms and rapists. That is Tumblr level horse shit. The guys who will do those things don't give a single fuck about having someone give them a lecture or a pamphlet about how it is not a good thing to do.

You going to be patting dicks and vaginas to make sure everyone is complying? No. Nor will I or anyone else. Transgendered people were already using the shitters that they thought corresponded with their preferred gender before all of the fervor for or against bathroom laws.

Were transgenders using public showers before such as swimming pools or public schools where no pat down is necessary?

What if there is a problem with a man in the public women's restroom such as loitering and police are called by women who are uncomfortable with a man being in the women's restroom? If men are allowed in women's restrooms the answer would be women just have to deal with it so the .005 percent of the population or whatever ridiculously low amount of the population won't be uncomfortable so we will just make the 99 plus uncomfortable to accommodate them.

Men go to mens restrooms and women go to womens restrooms. Can't be any simpler than that.

Were transgenders using public showers before such as swimming pools or public schools where no pat down is necessary?

What if there is a problem with a man in the public women's restroom such as loitering and police are called by women who are uncomfortable with a man being in the women's restroom? If men are allowed in women's restrooms the answer would be women just have to deal with it so the .005 percent of the population or whatever ridiculously low amount of the population won't be uncomfortable so we will just make the 99 plus uncomfortable to accommodate them.

Men go to mens restrooms and women go to womens restrooms. Can't be any simpler than that.

I can guarantee you that they were using public showers before. Unless it is just a locker room shower (those went the way of the buffalo), no one would know what someone is toting around unless they peeped into someone's shower. A crime before and after any bathroom laws.

I already said that the accommodation and the getting worked up over it are both stupid. Making a trans man (woman dressed like a dude) use the women's room will make it easy for guys to just hang out in the ladies room. It has the complete opposite effect of what the legislators want. Unless they have someone in there to make them drop their pants to confirm their gender, the law is counterproductive.

We are headed towards unisex bathrooms. Personally, I don't give a shit because eventually we will get over the taboo of it and move on.

One of the great things about our country was how our constitution guaranteed certain things, those not guaranteed were left up to the states to decide how they would carry it out. Like it or not, the state of NC did what it was allowed to do and let the people vote and that vote stand.

There are arguments on both sides. But something that is being missed is the idea of our Federal government pressuring states and making laws or legislation that should be left up to the state. If you don't like big government, it's getting bigger and bigger, and if you are a US citizen, that is an issue because of constitution was based on small government.

Where you pee is not a human rights issue by the way. Being denied the ability to pee is, that's the difference.

National Healthcare and National Higher Education should be something the government SHOULD be pushing for, but instead, let's make sure if you have a penis, you can go where the vaginas go and vice versa. Is that really an issue as a country we should be fighting for?

The population of the LBGTQ is so small, why is it getting the attention and garnering the pressure it is, one would think that it makes up 10-20% of our population, yet, it's only a small fraction.

Having spent nearly two years in NC, and working with a retailer with 15 locations in NC, customers would walk in and talk about the new law, no one wanted it.

I can guarantee you that they were using public showers before. Unless it is just a locker room shower (those went the way of the buffalo), no one would know what someone is toting around unless they peeped into someone's shower. A crime before and after any bathroom laws.

I already said that the accommodation and the getting worked up over it are both stupid. Making a trans man (woman dressed like a dude) use the women's room will make it easy for guys to just hang out in the ladies room. It has the complete opposite effect of what the legislators want. Unless they have someone in there to make them drop their pants to confirm their gender, the law is counterproductive.

We are headed towards unisex bathrooms. Personally, I don't give a shit because eventually we will get over the taboo of it and move on.

Make all bathrooms a single occupancy, that's the only to do it to make all the libs happy.

I'm surprised Trump's view hasn't garnered more criticism from the "true conservative" crowd.

Though maybe it did, I don't recall or I didn't pay attention because it's a stupid issue to begin with.

That's my point. You'll have posters on here bashing people using the bathroom they deme not appropriate in one breathe, and then praising Trump in the next.

Won't last forever. And there's probably heated debate about whether that end should be hastened :P

(I jest, in case that's not clear)

Won't last forever. And there's probably heated debate about whether that end should be hastened :P

(I jest, in case that's not clear)

I'm sure.............

"It's always been like this" is never a good argument

But the problem, that I see, is why we are arguing? It's not that we have a shortage of bathrooms, don't have clean bathrooms, or there is some terrorist organizations locking doors and prohibiting the use of public bathrooms. This discussion is this "I have a penis but want to be a woman, so I should be able to use the woman's bathroom", which is roughly, a fraction of the population of the United States. Rules are being created for such a small minut amount of population while the majority are being ruled against and their opinion ignored. Why is that? I can only think of one thing, agenda.

Now some of you may not care where a person pops a squat or pisses, good for you. But there are plenty that do, and I would wager that they are the majority, should they be ignored?

But as I said earlier, there is a larger concern, and it's not about who pisses where, it's about our rights as civilians being able to vote for what we want. That is being ignored by our government and other non-political institutions pressuring the state's rights based on popular vote. If you don't have a problem with that because you think that your opinion is on some other higher socio-ethical-political plain, then I think you're in the wrong country and might want to move to another country.

You could provide polling data to back up your claims.

"Ruled against" is harsh. I'm sure you've shat next to a transsexual before and you're still fine.

You aren't being ignored. You've got news stories and politicians backing you left and right. Representatives at the state level made this law, and the same thing happens at all level.

Just because it isn't the outcome YOU want doesn't mean there's some great unamerican tyrannical force trying to kill everything that's American

But the problem, that I see, is why we are arguing? It's not that we have a shortage of bathrooms, don't have clean bathrooms, or there is some terrorist organizations locking doors and prohibiting the use of public bathrooms. This discussion is this "I have a penis but want to be a woman, so I should be able to use the woman's bathroom", which is roughly, a fraction of the population of the United States. Rules are being created for such a small minut amount of population while the majority are being ruled against and their opinion ignored. Why is that? I can only think of one thing, agenda.

Now some of you may not care where a person pops a squat or pisses, good for you. But there are plenty that do, and I would wager that they are the majority, should they be ignored?

But as I said earlier, there is a larger concern, and it's not about who pisses where, it's about our rights as civilians being able to vote for what we want. That is being ignored by our government and other non-political institutions pressuring the state's rights based on popular vote. If you don't have a problem with that because you think that your opinion is on some other higher socio-ethical-political plain, then I think you're in the wrong country and might want to move to another country.

The majority aren't being ignored though. The majority are saying we think this law is stupid, pointless, and has no basis in reality. That's why business isn't going there or is leaving, and that's why old governor McCrory will be looking for work come re-election.

Put simply, a law goes into place that protects 1% of the population. The majority of the rest of the population support that law, but some don't. By your logic, despite the majority of people supporting such a law it should not be a thing? Where does that logic stop? Why does someone else as an American citizen deserve less liberty than you do because of your stated opposition? I'm not calling you a bigot so don't go down that rabbit hole, but this same logic was the reason black people were using different bathrooms. It's literally creating a separate but equal dynamic by saying "you have a bathroom to use, you just have to use that one".

It doesn't add up, society as a whole is speaking up against the law, and it gives rights to those who otherwise don't have it. This isn't an issue of safety because there's no threat that wasn't already present.

The Truth About North Carolina’s Bathroom Bill

The first thing is this bill was in response to the ordinance Charlotte City Council enacted:

Reason 1: The North Carolina Constitution Forbids Charlotte’s Actions

Many will, for their convenience, call the constitution an evolving document. I understand the point, but until the constitution evolves by amendment or legal interpretation, municipalities cannot simply break its tenets. To that point, the NC constitution for 180 years “has held to the public policy that issues of labor and trade would be decided on a statewide basis instead of locally. And so, without any legal authority whatsoever,” says Rep. Paul Stam, the city of Charlotte decided to go against that. It enacted an ordinance requiring all government and business bathrooms and showers to be open to all sexes.

The Charlotte city council had no authority to enact its ordinance, much less threaten tens of thousands of businesses with fines and minor punishments if they didn’t comply. They were threatening 23,000 businesses and nonprofits, including small “mom and pop” establishments, with fines and other minor punishments if they didn’t conform to that policy. Such threats are tyrannical when it was known that the ordinance they were discussing was beyond their purview.

This constitutional standard is not unique to North Carolina. North Carolina is one of at least 37 states like Virginia where cities and towns cannot pass rules or regulations that exceed the authority given to them by the state. This practice assures that laws and policies are consistent throughout a state and do not change with every border or small town.

Minimum wages, labor policy, and even union statutes are set at the state level, and the Charlotte city council knew this. So in passing the bathroom ordinance, Charlotte had exceeded its authority by setting rules that had ramifications beyond the city. They were going to unjustly punish non-compliant entities as of April 1, 2016, if the NC legislature failed to act.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/09/the-truth-about-north-carolinas-bathroom-bill/

Think NC is fucking up. Like most said, I don't think a bunch of perverts are all of the sudden start molesting women in rest rooms. And the ones that do attempt to use a rest room for some perverted reason will be dealt with severely.

I think hell just froze over...

Archived