THE BROWNS BOARD

Kessler isn't going to Suck as Bad as We Think

BobPOUND!

I didn't see Belichek panicking last week. He's as calm as a cucumber playing Brissett.

Bill "god"Check..went to Zona with no Gronk. Jimmy G. a starting C,2 backup G's & 2 backup T's & won. enough said..were not even close

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill "god"Check..went to Zona with no Gronk. Jimmy G. a starting C,2 backup G's & 2 backup T's & won. enough said.

But but but... Bill can't win without Brady... ;)

I haven't heard anybody, our own radio guys included, that have ANYTHING nice to say about Kessler's chances this weekend. Perhaps they are all wrong, but by all accounts I've read/heard, Cody is going to have his ass handed to him, and it WILL be ugly.

We won't be able to run the ball without setting it up with the pass, and that's scary. The Fins might have 19 defenders in the box.

I haven't heard anybody, our own radio guys included, that have ANYTHING nice to say about Kessler's chances this weekend. Perhaps they are all wrong, but by all accounts I've read/heard, Cody is going to have his ass handed to him, and it WILL be ugly.

We won't be able to run the ball without setting it up with the pass, and that's scary. The Fins might have 19 defenders in the box.

Lots of screens to Hawkins and Duke, and four yard passes to Barnridge. We are going to have to give him a big performance from our defense to make it the kind of a game a rookie can get through.

Zombo

With everything bad that has happened to the Browns, Kess having to start in week 3 may turn out to be a good thing. If, and since he's a Browns QB - Hell, a Browns' player, I know that's a big 'if', but if he can stay healthy and play for any length of time, then it should make the Browns' choice of a future QB much more clear...... It should become obvious of Kess has it or not.

Same above should be said to the RG3 experiment, as if there is anyone left in the entire Brown's organization who thinks that he is our franchise QB, then they should be fired and punched in the face, immediately.

So in a possible 1-15 season, it may prove to set up the Browns for the future quicker and better, but that won't make it any easier to watch......

His arm isn't impressive from what I've seen, and the all important stat of "completion % of passes over 15 yards" was NOT good. Don't remember what it was, but it wasn't good.

I hope Kessler does well, I don't like that he's getting tossed to the wolves in week 3 - but we have no choice.

It's plain and simple...If kessler does not suck, the rest of team will...If the team plays well, kessler will suck...It is just the way it goes with this stink shit team..plain and simple...either way, we get the shit kicked out of us in miami...

It's plain and simple...If kessler does not suck, the rest of team will...If the team plays well, kessler will suck...It is just the way it goes with this stink shit team..plain and simple...either way, we get the shit kicked out of us in miami...

Or he'll tear it up and break his leg in the 4th quarter. Seems par for the course.

I am actually really happy this took place as it will show us over the course of the season of this young QB will be worth the time to move forward with. This team wasn't headed to the playoffs and certainly wasn't going to come close to the SB so it's good to see what these young guys can do.

The guy was pretty damn amazing at USC and from all reports he is a very hard working young guy who comes early and stays late to both learn the system and also to ingratiate himself with his teammates. No reason at all this can't turn into the best thing to happen to this team this season as all McCown would have done was win a couple (at most) games and not let us know anything about how Keesler would have done in a game situation. Now we will see first hand and will know how to approach this years draft. This is a good thing in my eyes.

I am actually really happy this took place as it will show us over the course of the season of this young QB will be worth the time to move forward with. This team wasn't headed to the playoffs and certainly wasn't going to come close to the SB so it's good to see what these young guys can do.

The guy was pretty damn amazing at USC and from all reports he is a very hard working young guy who comes early and stays late to both learn the system and also to ingratiate himself with his teammates. No reason at all this can't turn into the best thing to happen to this team this season as all McCown would have done was win a couple (at most) games and not let us know anything about how Keesler would have done in a game situation. Now we will see first hand and will know how to approach this years draft. This is a good thing in my eyes.

Agreed

Kessler didn't suck - 65 grade by PFF - but it's good to see that he's just a stopgap, because Kizer is clearly the #1.

Too bad Wentz is the best rookie QB PFF has ever graded.. their 1st round next year will be down in the late teens, so we can either grab RT(and future LT replacement) or OLB with that.

Off to grab Pryor for fantasy as a bye-week replacement..

Top5 on D: Paea (84.5) / Kirksey(83.8) / Taylor (81.0) / (Lemonier (80.7) / Ogbah (80.0) --- a good day from the waiver wire

For what its worth, if you take the first performances from our last 4 rookie QB's (Quinn, McCoy, Manziel, Weeden) and average them together, they pale in comparison to Kessler's first performance. And that's with Quinn's out-of-character, 2 TD and 240-yard opening performance factored in.

If we're in the business of looking at moral victories, Kessler is proof of a step in the right direction. All-world, franchise QB? Probably not. But not a steaming pile of garbage, either.

i thought he did good, considering the Dolphins have a nasty pass rush. He seemed to be a little bit too careful at times but that's understandable considering it's his first NFL start. It was impressive what Hue did with Pryor coming in to QB for a few series, it took some of the weight off of Kessler and you could see him play a lot more relaxed in the 4th quarter compared to his shakiness in the 1st quarter. Could it be that we finally have a coach that knows how to get the best out of his players?

i thought he did good, considering the Dolphins have a nasty pass rush. He seemed to be a little bit too careful at times but that's understandable considering it's his first NFL start. It was impressive what Hue did with Pryor coming in to QB for a few series, it took some of the weight off of Kessler and you could see him play a lot more relaxed in the 4th quarter compared to his shakiness in the 1st quarter. Could it be that we finally have a coach that knows how to get the best out of his players?

We can only hope.

He played well.

Well enough to win but our kicker blew it.

That's exactly my feeling as well. If our kicker would have made ONE of those three kicks, we'd be sitting here saying that Kessler is a legitimate QB. However, we lost and because of the loss, we're still tentative about his performance.

He did enough to win us the game. Yet we have once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, through no fault of Kessler's.

Really liked his competitive drive too..

Remember when he drove us down in the red zone and they made him take a play off because he was bleeding? I guess it's league rules that if there's blood you have to take a play off and get it taken care of

But you could see how pissed he was that he had to come off... He was over there on the bench with the trainers and he kept trying to get up and they wouldn't let him.. You could read his lips saying "This is bullshit" lol.. The kid seems like a warrior

Pryor scored on that Run TD so at least we got the TD

Also liked how much you saw him clapping it up for his teammates, high fiving the defense when they got key stops.

This kid is growing on me

Archived