THE BROWNS BOARD

Carson Wentz

MasterDog

I expected Kessler to shit his pants on TV last week, but knew he would find some success with quick, underneath throws. He outplayed a guy shitting his pants on national TV. Excited for next week

You were comparing him to Manziel?

Hanging the bar kinda low, no?

Z

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's everything in a nutshell.

1) Carson Wentz looks very good, and we could have drafted him.

2) We did not draft him, but drafted a guy in Coleman instead who looks impressive. Hopefully the hand comes back fine, but he certainly has shown promise.

3) We drafted a guy in Cody Kessler who all along was supposed to be the guy to develop for a while. Because the Browns are cursed, he gets thrown to the wolves, on the road, and looks good. Not Wentz good, but "for a third round dude who wasn't supposed to really play this year" type of good. We will certainly see how that manifests over the next several weeks.

4) That same Kessler dude put up 400 yards of offense-not a bad day would you say?

We very well might have missed on Wentz, I'm not arguing with you that. BUT, I don't understand how you guys can't see that the guys we did draft, for arguably the first time in Browns history, actually appear to have talent across the board. We have rookies in their first starts making pick-6's. We have 3rd string rookie QB's putting up impressive offensive stats. We developed a guy in TP who was left for dead.

Point is, I'm very impressed so far with the strategy of the team and the players. They are going to suck this year, but that's the whole point.

BECAUSE. why trade out of drafting a FRANCHISE qb for a WR when you have no QB? a franchise QB who you could have playing for you for at least a decade.

why?:

1. because they thought RG3 was their cheap way out franchise QB? (fire hue and the FO).

2. because we needed 16 picks? with the eyeball test maybe 3 might stick? (fire hue and the FO).

3. because WR was most important draft need? (fire FO).

we developed a guy in pryor? GTFO here. we cut the guy remember? man if that's the way you develop players no wonder the browns haven't won dick.

Here's everything in a nutshell.

1) Carson Wentz looks very good, and we could have drafted him.

2) We did not draft him, but drafted a guy in Coleman instead who looks impressive. Hopefully the hand comes back fine, but he certainly has shown promise.

3) We drafted a guy in Cody Kessler who all along was supposed to be the guy to develop for a while. Because the Browns are cursed, he gets thrown to the wolves, on the road, and looks good. Not Wentz good, but "for a third round dude who wasn't supposed to really play this year" type of good. We will certainly see how that manifests over the next several weeks.

4) That same Kessler dude put up 400 yards of offense-not a bad day would you say?

We very well might have missed on Wentz, I'm not arguing with you that. BUT, I don't understand how you guys can't see that the guys we did draft, for arguably the first time in Browns history, actually appear to have talent across the board. We have rookies in their first starts making pick-6's. We have 3rd string rookie QB's putting up impressive offensive stats. We developed a guy in TP who was left for dead.

Point is, I'm very impressed so far with the strategy of the team and the players. They are going to suck this year, but that's the whole point.

Great Post jrb. I quit watching The Carson Wentz TV Network,that the media created every week. The marching band jumpers (from Goff) won't stop regardless the names we draft from Philly & Tenn. trade & still got a talent in C.Coleman. A team that you could count talent on, one hand, needed to do exactly what they have done. We our finally watching a coaching staff that can acknowledge a talent in T.Pryor. Who caught 1 pass last season & the others are accepting getting coached up...Don't believe for a minute that Sashi & Depo are not listening to the football people on the sidelines. Examples Whitner,Hartline, Gilbert, Mingo & Kruger with additions like D. Davis, J.Taylor,Pena,Calhoun & Colquitt..only Wentz guess we may have missed on was overdrafting WR's not knowing if Gordon was a team bonus. Than now knowing Pryor is the real deal now at WR with Coleman..Go Browns!!

BECAUSE. why trade out of drafting a FRANCHISE qb for a WR when you have no QB? a franchise QB who you could have playing for you for at least a decade.

why?:

1. because they thought RG3 was their cheap way out franchise QB? (fire hue and the FO).

2. because we needed 16 picks? with the eyeball test maybe 3 might stick? (fire hue and the FO).

3. because WR was most important draft need? (fire FO).

we developed a guy in pryor? GTFO here. we cut the guy remember? man if that's the way you develop players no wonder the browns haven't won dick.

You do realize Pryor was cut by Farmer...right?

You do realize Pryor was cut by Farmer...right?

yeah he was cut by farmer. which means there was no development then. brought back now. so how did the browns develop t. pryor sr.?

dude has raw talent and played with it last week. let's not act that hue touched him with some almighty coaching 'staff of the all holy' and overnite he found his game.

yeah he was cut by farmer. which means there was no development then. brought back now. so how did the browns develop t. pryor sr.?

dude has raw talent and played with it last week. let's not act that hue touched him with some almighty coaching 'staff of the all holy' and overnite he found his game.

Hue as OC in Cinny cut Pryor also mik. Cinny was loaded at WR last season. Per S. Wilcox, Hue was all over trying to get Marvin Jones or Sanu but knew Pryor had the same athletic ability. Al Saunders looks to me, he took the ability, got TP to fight off LOS,knows playbook & when to look for ball. Biggest improvement imo is TP's conditioning & full speed in & out of cuts. No magic wands, but TP was seen working out with other WR's during the off season again. Can't say TP has not worked to learn the position..

In just one year, we added Carl Nassib, Corey Coleman, and Terrell Pryor (he played last year, but got cut, then added again). Ogbah is also a high pick that can develop, but we've yet to really see the eye-popping numbers early in the season. I'm hoping he turns it on soon before the rookie wall sets in.

We've also had a couple second year players emerge. Shelton is showing up, Duke Johnson is a weapon, and I'm sure there are others. Third year players like Crow and Bitonio continue to develop. We're starting to get a nice foundation of young players.

With all of that said, it DOES hurt when you appear to miss on a young QB. It hurts badly.

What many of the "experts" are saying is the Browns will finish with either the first or second pick in the draft. If we get the first. we might not even take a QB. From what I read, the clear-cut #1 pick of the entire draft doesn't play QB. He plays DE for Texas A&M. Myles Garrett. He's 6'5, 262 pounds...and he's nasty.

Great Post jrb. I quit watching The Carson Wentz TV Network,that the media created every week. The marching band jumpers (from Goff) won't stop regardless the names we draft from Philly & Tenn. trade & still got a talent in C.Coleman. A team that you could count talent on, one hand, needed to do exactly what they have done. We our finally watching a coaching staff that can acknowledge a talent in T.Pryor. Who caught 1 pass last season & the others are accepting getting coached up...Don't believe for a minute that Sashi & Depo are not listening to the football people on the sidelines. Examples Whitner,Hartline, Gilbert, Mingo & Kruger with additions like D. Davis, J.Taylor,Pena,Calhoun & Colquitt..only Wentz guess we may have missed on was overdrafting WR's not knowing if Gordon was a team bonus. Than now knowing Pryor is the real deal now at WR with Coleman..Go Browns!!

It does cause some gnashing of teeth on my part seeing the media gush all over the Carson Show on a weekly basis. If he turns into another Brady or Rodgers level talent, Cleveland is never going to hear the end of it. The only thing I can hope is we haven't gotten to the final page of the book on that trade. If Coleman turns onto another Steve Smith (or better). Kessler pans out (we'll know by the end of the year) and if not, we draft Kiser or Watson with that high pick and they turn out equal or better than Wentz- we at least broke even, maybe even a little ahead. Bad news is if Wentz continues to play well the first round pick we have from the Eagles isn't going to be nearly as good as we anticipated.

Can we close this thread and have everyone just STFU about Carson Wentz. He is not a Cleveland Brown....so fuck him two ways to Sunday.

Nope. Point is- he COULD have been a Cleveland Brown, and considering this thread is already 7 pages long , I'd say there's considerable interest whether he's going to succeed or flop. :) In fact, the longevity of the current Front Office will largely depend on how well Carson does- and the success or failure of the picks we obtained in the trade.

It will die down in due time. It's nice to remember Tom Brady COULD have been a Brown, not Spergon Wynn.

I can imagine with our oline pass protection that Wentz would not have as good

a start.

as much as I wanted Wentz, I have to admit- they fixed the wr problem, the lb problem,

the defensive line rotation....

next year, it would have been Wentz. too bad. The Browns needed more than one player

this past draft to start. Several - to change the culture, the depth, the overall age of the team...

seems like they did.

Nope. Point is- he COULD have been a Cleveland Brown,

Yea, but he ain't.....tons and tons and tons of other players coulda been Brown.

and considering this thread is already 7 pages long , I'd say there's considerable interest whether he's going to succeed or flop. :) In fact, the longevity of the current Front Office will largely depend on how well Carson does- and the success or failure of the picks we obtained in the trade.

I don't believe that a minute. the success or failure will depend on how well the picks we actually take do(in the Philly trade or otherwise)....or the FAs that we acquire do...not on how well Wentz performs...per se.

It will die down in due time. It's nice to remember Tom Brady COULD have been a Brown, not Spergon Wynn.

And we could go down that rabbit hole ad nauseum: Brady, BR, Rodgers, Wilson, Carr, Prescott, The Twat, Dalton, Tannehill, Flacco, etc. etc. etc. etc. And that is just QBs. Don't talk about Khalil Mack, or Sammy Watkins,

We coulda had Bart Starr at #199....but he went #200 to the Packers.(While the Browns took, like Bobby Garrett...not sure that was same year....Johnny Unitas....9th round pick of the Steelers....who cut him.. Joe Montana, Third round pick.

Like I said....a rabbit hole.

This is some of the worst reasoning I've ever seen.

This is some of the worst reasoning I've ever seen.

Especially when you consider that Hue Jackson was the man that recommended to him to end the QB career and try and make it the NFL as a WR.

Then when Hue gets here he goes from fringe player who couldn't get past Dwayne Bowe for playing time to starter, to emerging star.

I'd say Hue has everything to do with it, and you can tell Pryor would run through a wall for him. Or "die on the field" for this organization, as he put it.

But I guess we can't have feel-good stories, Pryor is just a super athlete and Hue is an idiot.

Z

The only thing I can hope is we haven't gotten to the final page of the book on that trade. Kessler pans out (we'll know by the end of the year) and if not, we

I would take that Philly pick & give it to Pats (right now) for the rights to Jimmy G. even while his arm is still in a sling :o. So tired of the draft & develop QB bla,bla crap in Cleveland. Than go to the A&M moonshine stile one last time for M.Garrett,with our #1 pick..

yep. i picture myself at our club in 12 years and watching a wentz highlight of his 4th td of the first half against the browns (who will be picking in the top 5 again in 2029) and that big friggin pain travels down the arm. as i drop onto the ground with a dead man's clutch on my drink everyone can hear me say "cody.................fucking.............kessler!!" as the dark shadow demons from the movie 'ghost' come creepin at me.

cody fuckin kessler.

yep. i picture myself at our club in 12 years and watching a wentz highlight of his 4th td of the first half against the browns (who will be picking in the top 5 again in 2029) and that big friggin pain travels down the arm. as i drop onto the ground with a dead man's clutch on my drink everyone can hear me say "cody.................fucking.............kessler!!" as the dark shadow demons from the movie 'ghost' come creepin at me.

cody fuckin kessler.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Actually mik I have finally figured this all out. I died two years ago and went to hell to cheer on Johnny Football. What no one here seems to know is that they are all dead and living in Browns hell. How else can you explain all the shit that just happens year after year after fucking year. Yep-I died and joined you all in Browns hell. :lol:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Actually mik I have finally figured this all out. I died two years ago and went to hell to cheer on Johnny Football. What no one here seems to know is that they are all dead and living in Browns hell. How else can you explain all the shit that just happens year after year after fucking year. Yep-I died and joined you all in Browns hell. :lol:

Old Johnny is back in college, and living with his former mentor, Mike Pettine. According to USA Today, Pettine said Johnny was "on the right track" and wasn't going to think about wearing any disguises anytime soon again.

I'm still trying to figure out all the national BS about Browns not drafting Wentz.

Seems like 99% of the people are forgetting that the Browns traded the 2nd pick in the draft away before the draft even started...

All it was, was a chance to draft Wentz if he was there. How about the price to maybe draft him seemed like a gamble so they took the sure thing with an extra first?

It's not like the Browns were on the clock and traded the pick away.

How about the Browns stick, the Rams take Wentz and the Browns draft the kid that can't even crack the 2nd string for the flippin Rams.

The way I see it, If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Well does it really matter when the pick was trade? The real travesty is this org's futile attempts to draft a franchise qb. And now, because of so many fuckups, new FO personnel are scared to stick their necks out there and make that pick, rather trade down and be safe in their minds. So once again, if wentz continues to look good and progress to a pro-bowler franchise qb that we desperately need, well we should all be happy we got a midget speedster wr (that we already had in t. Benjamin but got rid of) with a broken hand first week into his rookie season.

YIPPEE!!

Archived