THE BROWNS BOARD

Duke Johnson recovered his own fumble

bjh2130

It's like blaming the NFL for making the 'stupid rule' in the first place, after a QB throws a pick....... Retarded at its best.

Was she the ref that made the bogus PI calls too? If so, back to ref school with you!!! NFL won't do anything though we're on a gender diversity kick.

I honestly don't know. She was a line judge, so in theory she could've thrown it, but I honestly don't know. That penalty was such effing garbage...I couldn't believe it. First of all, the ball wasn't catchable. Second of all, the play where Norman intercepted the ball had WAY MORE contact than that crap.

So angry.

Again, make it easy on your cardiologist. Stop the video at 05. The put your pointer on the little time elapse ball and slowly scroll forward. The skins player clearly must have had the ball, because duke pulled at the guys right arm, you can see the guys arm get yanked out like a chicken wing. Duke was not on to of the ball and the ground, he was on top of the skins player.

This was an excellent call.

I'm glad you saw it...Sarah sure as hell didn't.

post-28000-0-90317700-1475535598_thumb.jpeg

I'm not going to blame the refs for this one. This one was on us. We have to secure away the football, we have to EXPECT that ANYTIME the ball is not under center that the Defense is going to be raking at it and trying to pry it out of our cold dead hands.

Of course it is our own fault. We should have played better and not have given the refs the ability to dictate the game for us. That being said, those were some fucked up bs calls if I ever saw them. Its kinda funny that one of those wearing the stripes looked like that same cock-sucker who started bottle-gate.

This officiating bullshit every week is getting very suspicious. Here is my super conspiracy theory...... Roger and Jimmy have a secret plan to move the team. To do so requires completely alienating the fan base until they no longer care.

I think its as simple as we got our team back, and that's it. Don't expect any more from the NFL.

Browns are still the only team to run a play, then have a prior one reviewed. Still the only team to get penalized for removing a helmet.

Ratbird Steve Smith taunts after every play, our guy fets penalized for flipping a ball.

It never ends. The Browns are guilty of botching draft picks, firing too many people, and playing/coaching like crap for sure....but this team doesn't deserve this officiating crap.

Sadly, the chick ref saw the Skins player recover it and be down. After that it didn't matter what happened cos she was trying to get guys off of the pile.

They showed us a replay at the time and we could see that the ball came out and that a Skin recovered it.

It was our typical way of slowly but surely, losing a winnable game.

We also have ways of losing them suddenly.

We've got LOTS of ways to lose.

- Bob806, love your sig!

Sadly, the chick ref saw the Skins player recover it and be down. After that it didn't matter what happened cos she was trying to get guys off of the pile.

They showed us a replay at the time and we could see that the ball came out and that a Skin recovered it.

It was our typical way of slowly but surely, losing a winnable game.

We also have ways of losing them suddenly.

We've got LOTS of ways to lose.

- Bob806, love your sig!

She quite literally saw none of that, and either did you. Your visual comprehension skills are lacking.

I think the bigwigs didnt want her to look bad as the first female ref.

Also on the FB fumble where we were going to score, I heard duke was in concussion protocol and crow was gassed. We need to get a third RB. They should have called TO or let pryor run it or anything else lol.

Glad to see the kicker was nailing em tho.

Yes she did. She saw the redskins Compton recover it.

The correct call was made...Redskins ball.

See picture below.

Note the ref Sarah heading straight for the Redskin player Compton and Joe Thomas wrestling for a ball thats not there.

So why was Joe Thomas and Compton wrestling for a ball that wasnt there?

Because Thomas like Sarah the ref also saw the Redskin Compton recover it, but Thomas never saw Duke snatch it back. Nor did Compton know who snatched it back...he perhaps thought Thomas had it.

Nor did Sarah see Johnson snatch it back...that's so apparent because Johnson ran past her holding up the ball.

Nice try Johnson holding up the ball pretending like you recovered your own fumble.

http://www.use.com/images/s_2/1f02f81030af960920b1.jpg

http://www.use.com/images/s_2/1f02f81030af960920b1.jpg

Redskin never had it long enough to establish possession, Duke swooped it right out of there. Wrong call.

Zombo

She quite literally saw none of that, and either did you. Your visual comprehension skills are lacking.

See picture below.

Note the ref Sarah heading straight for the Redskin player Compton and Joe Thomas wrestling for a ball thats not there.

Because Thomas like Sarah the ref also saw the Redskin Compton recover it, but Thomas never saw Duke snatch it back. Nor did Compton know who snatched it back...he perhaps thought Thomas had it.

Nor did Sarah see Johnson snatch it back...that's so apparent because Johnson ran past her holding up the ball.

Nice try Johnson holding up the ball pretending like you recovered your own fumble.

21oas0j.jpg

Look, I get the argument of "well it wouldn't be a problem if he didn't fumble" because it's valid.

The problem is, that doesn't invalidate the argument of "the refs completely missed the call". Fumbles are going to happen in football just like penalties, and it is on the refs to get it right. I went on a rant about this with the TP "taunting" call as well. Football is the type of sport where one missed call, one bad decision, etc can be the difference in winning or losing. The refs blowing a call is equally on the plane of how a team wins or loses

See picture below.

21oas0j.jpg

You are an idiot. Duke did recover his own fumble. The refs is running to the scrum to try to make a call that she didn't see. She sees the scrum and thinks the ball is still in their being wrestled over. But it wasn't there. Compton NEVER had it. Duke came out of their holding the ball up high....but behind her head.

Can't really blame her for thinking that the ball was in the scrum as that is what it appeared and she didn't see it behind her. Blame the other refs who should have had a better view of it and who should have seen Duke coming out of it.

Even JT said he thought the ball was still in there and that is why he jumped in

Apparently they were too gutless to overturn her and make the right call.

Here's some interesting MKC tweets regarding the phantom fumble recovery. . .

#Browns Duke Johnson on fumble recovery: "Nobody ever touched the ball but me''

#Browns Joe Thomas concurred: "It hit the ground and bounced right back to Duke. (Will Compton) was cradling nothing.''

#Browns Joe Thomas on the ref's Duke Johnson non-recovery call: "Lie 'til you die at that point'

#Browns Duke Johnson's takeaway from the controversial non-recovery call: 'I'm mad at myself for fumbling'

#Browns Duke says 'nobody touched the ball but me & Joe Thomas says ref bought fake & then it's 'lie until you die'

#Browns Joe Thomas doesn't blame the ref for buying what he said was #Redskins' Will Compton "cradling air'' because JT fell for it too

Archived