THE BROWNS BOARD

I turned Brown

One Post

We also got Wargo out of the Johnny mess, he has come back to the mecca from whence his family came.

I'm still working on Tex. Maybe if the Broncos keep playing Simien at QB he will denounce them and jump on the "wagon" too ... still time to enjoy the first win under the guys that are going to take us to the Super Bowl.

Zombo

You should know by now I don't desert a team just because they fuck up their QB situation like Elway did. I don't have a problem being a fan of two different teams and as I have stated before, if the Browns are in the playoffs against the Broncos I'll go with the Browns because the Broncos have had their Superbowl wins already.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should know by now I don't desert a team just because they fuck up their QB situation like Elway did. I don't have a problem being a fan of two different teams and as I have stated before, if the Browns are in the playoffs against the Broncos I'll go with the Browns because the Broncos have had their Superbowl wins already.

If you just would have just finished that with "because the Browns come first" ... You're close.

Z

I guess I'm weird. But I couldn't switch my allegiance. My simple little grey cells can't imagine ever doing that.

Perhaps it's upbringing. My grandfather was a Steelers fan. We used to go see him often...and he would say to me, "Oh, Allen. Your Browns beat up my Steelers again last week." And I would say, "Sorry Va-voo". (I thought that was his name - it was really Joseph) I respected Va-voo for sticking with his incredibly lousy team.

Of course, a week or two after he died, Franco made the Immaculate Reception. And his Steelers have tormented me ever since. I BLAME HIM!

I hate his Steelers. But I still love him. :)

If you just would have just finished that with "because the Browns come first" ... You're close.

Z

Well when they play at the same time I always watch the Browns live and record the Broncos. Fortunately most Broncos home games are after the Browns play. But that pretty much makes them first in something anyway. :D

You should know by now I don't desert a team just because they fuck up their QB situation like Elway did.

Elway fucked up a QB situation?

I guess I'm weird. But I couldn't switch my allegiance. My simple little grey cells can't imagine ever doing that.

Perhaps it's upbringing. My grandfather was a Steelers fan. We used to go see him often...and he would say to me, "Oh, Allen. Your Browns beat up my Steelers again last week." And I would say, "Sorry Va-voo". (I thought that was his name - it was really Joseph) I respected Va-voo for sticking with his incredibly lousy team.

Of course, a week or two after he died, Franco made the Immaculate Reception. And his Steelers have tormented me ever since. I BLAME HIM!

I hate his Steelers. But I still love him. :)

I never thought I would've either. I was a long time Cards fan.

Many factors play in this situation that are consistent with the Browns. The Cards leave Stl and the Browns leave Cleveland. I stuck with the Cards since the move in ' 87. But there has been no fellow fans to share football with even in the down seasons.

Im starting new and the fans in Az don't care about a big fan in Il.

Go Browns!

I never thought I would've either. I was a long time Cards fan.

Many factors play in this situation that are consistent with the Browns. The Cards leave Stl and the Browns leave Cleveland. I stuck with the Cards since the move in ' 87. But there has been no fellow fans to share football with even in the down seasons.

Im starting new and the fans in Az don't care about a big fan in Il.

Go Browns!

Uhmm....the Browns NEVER left Cleveland. If you are to be a Browns fan.....know your facts about the team.

The Browns left Cleveland then changed their name. The Cleveland gets the Browns team name and uni's again. That's what happened.

....and look what they went it did to our uni's! :(

--------------

Baltimore moves to Indy

St. Louis moves to Arizona

Los Angeles moves to St. Louis

Cleveland moves to Baltimore

Cleveland gets a new franchise

Los Angeles who moved to St. Louis moves back to Los Angeles

...certainly, in hindsight it looks like total madness.

Uhmm....the Browns NEVER left Cleveland. If you are to be a Browns fan.....know your facts about the team.

I don't want to argue here, but it took a court injunction to stop Modell from keeping the Browns name, 99.9% sure on that.

EDIT: Modell announced the move in November of 1995. The legal settlement of the "Baltimore Browns" was solved in Feb. of 1996, when Modell was unsuccessful in court and had to keep the "Browns" name in Cleveland, and he was awarded a "new" franchise.

It's semantics to me. He uprooted families of players, coaches, and staff....so yeah, the team moved. And we Clevelanders were vocal enough, somewhat lucky enough, to have this idiotic decision righted (except we get an ugly reminder twice a season to play those Ratbirds).

Go Browns.

The Browns left Cleveland then changed their name. The Cleveland gets the Browns team name and uni's again. That's what happened.

No, it isn't. You lose this debate. You are entitled to your opinions, you are not entitled to facts that are not accurate.

Who left Cleveland? Art Modell, some of his FO, some of his players. Maybe some equipment. That is it.

The franchise stayed here. The operations of the Cleveland Browns stayed here (run by NFL appointed Trustee Bill Futterer). The Berea HQs never discontinued operating. (had a shorter staff because of no on field activity). There was no "again" in terms of the team name and uniforms etc. They NEVER went anywhere....always stayed with the Cleveland Browns franchise.

Sorry Cardinal fan if you are just learning this 21 years later, but those ARE the facts.

....and look what they went it did to our uni's! :(

--------------

Baltimore moves to Indy

St. Louis moves to Arizona

Los Angeles moves to St. Louis

Cleveland moves to Baltimore

Browns didn't move to Baltimore

Cleveland gets a new franchise

Baltimore got the new franchise.....again these are the Facts. Sorry if you are clueless about them. (and it would be better to use the name of the teams that did actually move....I don't think the earth shook and Los Angeles ended up in the middle of the country....the Rams franchise did move all those times. The Browns franchise never moved at all, ever.

Los Angeles who moved to St. Louis moves back to Los Angeles

...certainly, in hindsight it looks like total madness.

I don't want to argue here, but it took a court injunction to stop Modell from keeping the Browns name, 99.9% sure on that.

Right....no one is claiming that there was not an "attempt" to move the Browns. Modell certainly did attempt to do so.

Modell was like Sara Jane Moore or Squeaky Fromme....they took their shots at Gerald Ford in an attempt to kill him, but missed.

Or, perhaps he is more like John Hinkley....he took his shot and wounded Reagan, but was not successful in his attempt. Modell....as history seems to show, wounded the Browns ....but he too was not successful.

No, it isn't. You lose this debate. You are entitled to your opinions, you are not entitled to facts that are not accurate.

Who left Cleveland? Art Modell, some of his FO, some of his players. Maybe some equipment. That is it.

The franchise stayed here. The operations of the Cleveland Browns stayed here (run by NFL appointed Trustee Bill Futterer). The Berea HQs never discontinued operating. (had a shorter staff because of no on field activity). There was no "again" in terms of the team name and uniforms etc. They NEVER went anywhere....always stayed with the Cleveland Browns franchise.

Sorry Cardinal fan if you are just learning this 21 years later, but those ARE the facts.

Whatever.

After the Modell left how many years did it take to have the Browns play another game in Cleveland. Ya that's what I thought.

Three years. Again, part of the historical record. They went on hiatus until a few things could be accomplished: A. Find a new owner B. Build the new stadium C. Replenish the player pool. It was all agreed to and planned that way. Again, are you just now learning this?

Three years. Again, part of the historical record. They went on hiatus until a few things could be accomplished: A. Find a new owner B. Build the new stadium C. Replenish the player pool. It was all agreed to and planned that way. Again, are you just now learning this?

No just clarifying your honor.

So if the Browns had a franchise then why didn't they play anyone? They were playing in Baltimore dumbass. Lol

No just clarifying your honor.

So if the Browns had a franchise then why didn't they play anyone? They were playing in Baltimore dumbass. Lol

No, dumbass.....you have no clue what a "franchise" is apparently. A franchise can and has existed even though it does not field a team. It has happened more than once in history. It has happened to the Rams, the Steelers...and even the Cardinals.

When an expansion franchise is created....it is still a franchise upon its creation. It may not take the field for a couple of years, yet that franchise still exists. Happened with the Jag/Panthers/Texans etc.

Not sure why you are so obtuse over this concept.

Archived