THE BROWNS BOARD

Squeelers and stupid dirty ratbirds have to be po'd

calfoxwc

"Get in your face" is not what I'd call what Harrison did.... :huh:

I believe it was more like this:

harrisonisafag.gif

Yea, stop trying to shift the blame here. If I trip you on the sidewalk, it doesn't give you the right to shoot me in the face.

Oh, and btw: We are playing football, not hockey here. Different rules, mk? :)

Guys a douche and should have been ejected from the game for that shit. I understand that your pumped up playing the superbowl but come on! I was absolutely disgusted.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I would love for the Browns to have that attitude. Look at that! Thats the attitude that picks off a past in the end zone and takes it back for a touchdown when it counts the most.

That's the attitude that wins defensive player of the year. Dude doesn't play nice, but either did Butkus, Lambert, Nitchke or most of the others who defined tough defense. They intimated.

And don't give me the "that guy was small" or "it was away from the play" junk. He was a player on the field that had the job of tackling the runner....and evidently, the Steeler player was NOT going to let that happen.

THAT was the attitude that Jim Brown use to run with!

"Get in your face" is not what I'd call what Harrison did.... :huh:

I believe it was more like this:

harrisonisafag.gif

Yea, stop trying to shift the blame here. If I trip you on the sidewalk, it doesn't give you the right to shoot me in the face.

Oh, and btw: We are playing football, not hockey here. Different rules, mk? :)

That video reminds me of a wild animal that plays with its prey before killing it.

And how many times have the Pittsburgh Steelers and more importantly Dick Lebeau molded a player to fit the need of the team? James Harrison undrafted and cut several times. Last year defensive player of the year. Pittsburgh and the front office certainly have their reasons for drafting certain players. How many misses have they had in the last 10 years in the first round? You out of anyone here should understand the success the Steelers routinely have in the draft. I'm not at all worried about Ziggy Hood. Pittsburgh drafted him for a reason.

Since 98' Troy Edwards is the only miss.

1998 26 Faneca, Alan G LSU

1999 13 Edwards, Troy WR Louisiana Tech

2000 8 Burress, Plaxico WR Michigan State

2001 19 Hampton, Casey DT Texas [l]

2002 30 Simmons, Kendall G Auburn

2003 16 Polamalu, Troy DB USC [m]

2004 11 Roethlisberger, BenQB Miami (OH)

2005 30 Miller, Heath TE Virginia

2006 25 Holmes, Santonio WR Ohio State [n]

2007 15 Timmons, Lawrence LB Florida State

2008 23 Mendenhall, Rashard RB Illinois

2009 32 Hood, Evander DT Missouri

there is only one guy I wish the Browns would of drafted off that list but that time has gone by.

Santonio Holmes

Guest AdaM
there is only one guy I wish the Browns would of drafted off that list but that time has gone by.

Santonio Holmes

Here's to Robiskie making Holmes look bad.

I'm pretty sure most Brown's fans would take more than just Holmes from that list of drafts. There's been talk for over a season now about the possibility

of making Cribbs try out a safety position to see if he could perform like Polamalu or Reed. Willie Parker would have made for a good one two punch with Lewis on running plays too, one to grind it out, and one for fast break decimating runs once the D-line is worn out.

Yes, the Steelers have a good track record. But based on your logic, Stiller fans shouldn't ever have doubts about your draft choices because of that past history of success. Not sure I'd be that trusting of the front office, even if it's a good one.

And I don't think the Harrison example helps you. If Ziggy Hood takes as long as Harrison did to develop, he'll end up being the next Ryan McBean. While the Steelers have been very good at developing later round prospects into solid DE's, the Hood pick breaks from that mold. He'll be expected to contribute early on, and - based on scouts' comments and what I've seen the few times I watched Mizzou - he could struggle early on. He flashes ability, like when he spin moved everyone into silliness at the Senior Bowl, but I'm not sure he's as great a run defender as his workout numbers would indicate.

Actually both our defensive line coach and LB coach said he's light years from starting as it stands and if anything he'll contribute on a situational basis. They drafted him for defensive line depth not to come in and play right away. I'm sure you've picked up on the recent Steeler trends. Timmons and Woodley didn't contribute much year one besides Woodley's playoff performance against Jacksonville. Year two it's a completely different story and neither player needed to contribute year one nor were they expected to contribute to a tremendous degree, ultimately because of the amount of talent already on the roster. Mendenhall and Sweed in my opinion will be no different and the same will likely be said about Ziggy Hood. Pittsburgh doesn't need immediate contribution from their rookie class so they drafted high motor, high character guys and will mold them to fit the system. I really only expect Mike Wallace, Summers and the two corners to really contribute this year but we'll see. Urbik may hit a rotation. Pittsburgh isn't expecting much from Ziggy Hood year one and they don't have to that's the point.

And Mr. T.................lol

There's been talk for over a season now about the possibility of making Cribbs try out a safety position

I really wish this would happen but I seriously doubt it will. The guy is such a sure tackler and head hunter on special teams that I can't help but think he could play safety and be successful..

He could still return as well.

Since Washington left Wallace fell into the perfect situation.

Even though he's a big guy I expected Sweed to get more playing time than Wallace. How does Dallas Baker look?

I think with the drafting of Wallace that Baker is either going to be camp fodder or a practice squad guru. I guess we'll find out but Bakers involvement has been minimal since he was first signed. As far as Sweed is concerned I 100% expect him to play more than Wallace and hope that he's all that he was cracked up to be coming out of Texas. I think if he get his confidence up he's going to be a dangerous, dangerous man. He's proven he can get open he just needs to haul in the pass and I think he will this season.

Why would the STEELERS be POd about you picking up Mack? We ended up with a very good draft.

It's nice to see that the browns actually made some decent moves to try and improve your team. You still have alot of question marks, but I see certain improvement.

We will sleep better knowing that we have your stamp of approval.

Zombo

Don't waste your time. Stooler fans think it's admirable to take cheap shots at guys completely out of the play. That douche is probably pounding his man-breasts in vicarious celebration for what Harrison did on that play that was half the field away from him.

This coming from a fan base that considers Turkey Jones slamming of Terry Bradshaw after the play and injuring him one of the franchise's highlights.

I actually know quite a few Stains fans who wish you had a guy with a mean streak like Harrison has in him. So he took a swipe at a player on the field during the game? Like that has never happened before. The guy did go after his knee first, but is that ever mentioned?

Guest AdaM
Don't you mean "here is to hoping" because yes Robiskie should be a good pro he's got some catching up to do to be compared to Holmes.

Holmes also hasn't done all that much. So its possible.

Holmes isn't the second coming of Jerry Rice or Lynn Swann sure, but give credit where credit is due. He was half of that final drive to the endzone in the last Super Bowl. He caught the game winning touchdown. It's a modest measure of accomplishment, more than can be said for a good portion of the rest of the league. But then again, look what happened to Plaxico Burress...

This coming from a fan base that considers Turkey Jones slamming of Terry Bradshaw after the play and injuring him one of the franchise's highlights.

Yeah, I was at that game about 8 years old in the bleachers.

It was pretty cool wasn't it? I really dug it when Brawshaw was kicking his legs he was in so much pain. He held up the game though being such a bitch cuz it took like a half hour for the ambulance to come out and carry his puss ass away.

God that hillbilly looked stupid.

Actually both our defensive line coach and LB coach said he's light years from starting as it stands and if anything he'll contribute on a situational basis. They drafted him for defensive line depth not to come in and play right away. I'm sure you've picked up on the recent Steeler trends. Timmons and Woodley didn't contribute much year one besides Woodley's playoff performance against Jacksonville. Year two it's a completely different story and neither player needed to contribute year one nor were they expected to contribute to a tremendous degree, ultimately because of the amount of talent already on the roster. Mendenhall and Sweed in my opinion will be no different and the same will likely be said about Ziggy Hood. Pittsburgh doesn't need immediate contribution from their rookie class so they drafted high motor, high character guys and will mold them to fit the system. I really only expect Mike Wallace, Summers and the two corners to really contribute this year but we'll see. Urbik may hit a rotation. Pittsburgh isn't expecting much from Ziggy Hood year one and they don't have to that's the point.

And Mr. T.................lol

Do you really think your opinion of the stoolers holds water around here? Everyone thinks you talk out of your arse hole.

You ignorant stoolers fans are over here wondering if this is the year you're reign over the AFC North ends. So why dont you go talk your yibberish yabberdish whatever you yinzers speak in, over on a stoolers board.

He's done plenty since being a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers most importantly the Super Bowl winning TD grab that has already been mentioned as well as more than a few game changing plays when his number is called. I'm not going to say he's Jerry Rice or Lynn Swann but he is a damn good receiver and I'm thankful he's a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Do you really think your opinion of the stoolers holds water around here? Everyone thinks you talk out of your arse hole.

You ignorant stoolers fans are over here wondering if this is the year you're reign over the AFC North ends. So why dont you go talk your yibberish yabberdish whatever you yinzers speak in, over on a stoolers board.

Really? I'd wager otherwise. You're one of the few absolutely clueless individuals on this message board and I guarantee you I'm not a member of that fabled club. I can also guarantee you not a soul in Pittsburgh is worried about the Browns making a push for the division. McShay who I think is a dumb ass has you picking 2nd in next years draft. Get real T-bag the browns aren't going to win the division. The Browns aren't even going to finish second in the division. It's wishful thinking and I get it, you have all the reason in the world to be excited because getting excited about your team is what any fan should do..HOWEVER plenty of people were pegging the Browns as the next Super Bowl champs last season and what happened? 4-12....BUT simply laying claim to the division is in fact a less lofty prediction so maybe there is progress....either way I guess we'll find out.

EDIT: And Al McBean was a 4th or 5th round draft pick. I believe it was 5th round so to compare potential outcome with McBean is just a tad irrational.

Really? I'd suck the big one otherwise. You're one of the greatest absolutely brilliant individuals on this message board and I guarantee you I'm a member of that fabled stoolers massage club. I can also guarantee you that I have serviced every hobo in Pittsburgh with great pleasure while wiping my milk mustache. McShay who I think is a dumb ass has you picking 2nd in next years draft. The Browns are going to finish first in the division. I wish that I could get some young boy, but my herpes scares the world and when excited me dreams of Big Gay Ben because he is my fantasy that should do..

Oh really?

you're a real sicko!

Glad I could help you. I know how poorly you browns fans have slept this past decade watching the STEELERS rule.

Just a-tossin' and a-turnin', Bud.

We envy you soooooo much.

Zombo

--I even had some teeth removed, gained 80 pounds eating kielbasa and possum, and moved into your mom's trailer park for full effect.

Just a-tossin' and a-turnin', Bud.

We envy you soooooo much.

Zombo

--I even had some teeth removed, gained 80 pounds eating kielbasa and possum, and moved into your mom's trailer park for full effect.

Me too, but I also started drinking Iron City, rolling my own and banging fat......? women I'd guess you call them.

Teeth are overrated, when you can save up enough for dentures it's like a status symbol.

Don't you mean "here is to hoping" because yes Robiskie should be a good pro he's got some catching up to do to be compared to Holmes.

Yea but he'll catch up real fast since he won't be getting arrested and spending time in court.

Archived