THE BROWNS BOARD

Randy Lerner changed the QBs

Lumbergh

just watched Mike and Mike and they pretty much were repeating Dilfer and Mortenson. It seems like the "management" meaning ownership is bending to the fans and overriding the coach and Savage.

IF this is true that is certainly a problem.

I know to most fans they dont care because they are getting what they think is the answer but for me that is a problem.

Oh, and the Browns didn't want to let it out for another day to keep Denver guessing... but Dilfer doesn't like the Browns and loved busting the story AND putting a negative spin on it.

If only the team knew about it then who do you think told Dilfer? There are only 11 guys who played on the 2005 team with Dilfer. And how did Dilfer know that the decision came from the "very very very top"?

Derek Anderson

Josh Cribbs

Andra Davis

Phil Dawson

Braylon Edwards

Steve Heiden

Sean Jones

Ryan Pontbriand

Brodney Pool

Kellen Winslow

Jason Wright

just watched Mike and Mike and they pretty much were repeating Dilfer and Mortenson. It seems like the "management" meaning ownership is bending to the fans and overriding the coach and Savage.

I know to most fans they dont care because they are getting what they think is the answer but for me that is a problem.

Yeah to hell with seeing what his freaking passer rating is like over a year and a half now, eh? It seems like everyone else in America made a QB change when needed except for here. Face the facts. Derek Anderson sucks, and you bitches need to quit crying a fooking river about it. You three should all hook up halfway between Ohio and Oregon for the Thursday night game and hold hands. Red Roof Inn has rooms starting at 39.99.

Yeah, Mike and Mike went out and researched this all on their own overnight between the MNF game and the upcoming election. They came back with the conclusion that Randy Lerner decided to start Quinn.

Or they just repeated what Dildofer and his agenda had to say---he of the getting benched in favor of the rookie Frye----getting busted in a Flats bar fight----constant infighting with Mo 'The Great' Carthon to the point of not supporting the team-----requesting out of town,uh, okay, I'll take Dildofer's word for it. Mort hasn't even been around the team, he was just spewing what he supposedly "heard."

Wow the class of certain browns fans, if we have a dissenting opinion you resort to child like name calling.

Look the general fanbase is like the roman mob, sometimes the guys running the shows make a decision heavily influenced by PR perception. It is ultimately a business and if your fan base is not happy with the product for whatever reason they deem, ownership has to make a business decision to have the appearance of listening to its paying customers.

I dont have a problem with that application in general, however when dealing with a product like NFL football that looks simple but is very complicated ownership overriding decisions can end up with what the Raiders have been having problems with for quite some time.

In this instance when the season is still not over there are a lot of pro and cons to what they did. we could argue them all day and its not something that I am interested in.

My main problem really revolves around the coaching staffs strength to make a decision and their process, the other problem is IF the ownership did in fact get involved that could be a double edged sword.

Personally I dont care about the QB position and who plays there I will give bQ the same 8 game consideration I did with DA. Imho thinks its not the right one but that does not matter as this is a team game. I have not agreed with how RAC coaches and makes decisions and now I am worried that ownership is being bent by public pr instead of onfield reason. I think it would have been MUCH better for BQ and the team to start against Buffalo on a long prep week than Denver.

Since that is not what is happening I am just voiciing a concern of how this decision was made.

Wow the class of certain browns fans, if we have a dissenting opinion you resort to child like name calling.

Look the general fanbase is like the roman mob, sometimes the guys running the shows make a decision heavily influenced by PR perception. It is ultimately a business and if your fan base is not happy with the product for whatever reason they deem, ownership has to make a business decision to have the appearance of listening to its paying customers.

I dont have a problem with that application in general, however when dealing with a product like NFL football that looks simple but is very complicated ownership overriding decisions can end up with what the Raiders have been having problems with for quite some time.

In this instance when the season is still not over there are a lot of pro and cons to what they did. we could argue them all day and its not something that I am interested in.

My main problem really revolves around the coaching staffs strength to make a decision and their process, the other problem is IF the ownership did in fact get involved that could be a double edged sword.

Personally I dont care about the QB position and who plays there I will give bQ the same 8 game consideration I did with DA. Imho thinks its not the right one but that does not matter as this is a team game. I have not agreed with how RAC coaches and makes decisions and now I am worried that ownership is being bent by public pr instead of onfield reason. I think it would have been MUCH better for BQ and the team to start against Buffalo on a long prep week than Denver.

Since that is not what is happening I am just voiciing a concern of how this decision was made.

I still go with the lowest ranking over 200 passes thrown theory and a 3-5 record with a number one and number two on the bench in his second year. I'll voice my concern over not making the change earlier before the season was over.

and now I am worried that ownership is being bent by public pr instead of onfield reason. I think it would have been MUCH better for BQ and the team to start against Buffalo on a long prep week than Denver.

For a self styled intellectual, you sure do drown yourself in rumors.

Has it dawned on anyone that maybe, just maybe, DA had been on a short leash since the third week? That posting the lowest passer rating even in light of all the other problems isn't acceptable? That the standard being set by the current starter after 20+ starts might be eclipsed by the potential of player on the bench?

Why is anyone lending ANY credence to national media rumors prior to hearing anything from our staff? Why let yourself be baited by the biggest fraud on these boards (Lum)?

Let it play out. If it turns out the only motivation, or even primary motivation, for the move was to placate the fan base we can all get mad together. Until then the reports are without foundation.

[

If only the team knew about it then who do you think told Dilfer? There are only 11 guys who played on the 2005 team with Dilfer. And how did Dilfer know that the decision came from the "very very very top"?

Derek Anderson

Josh Cribbs

Andra Davis

Phil Dawson

Braylon Edwards

Steve Heiden

Sean Jones

Ryan Pontbriand

Brodney Pool

Kellen Winslow

Jason Wright

Let me see...who would be whining about the change of QB who would also be on that list? I am having trouble. One of those names just doesn't fit.....I just can't put my finger on it!!!

Listen...Dilfer had a MAJOR blowup with this team. His first comments were that this is a BAD TEAM and that it is DYSFUNCTIONAL...of course not even acknowledging the fact we went 10-6 last year and were still able (when DA played well) to beat the defending champs rather dominantly on MNF.

As for why they would bring him on...ESPN and the NFL Network ALWAYS try to get an ex-player from the squad in question to address these changes. It is a script they keep to.

Do us all a favor and look back to when Dilfer was benched/traded and check out his comments back then. He basically said the EXACT SAME THINGS! The team is bad (not me) and dysfunctional. So no surprise to any of us LONG TIME BROWNS FANS that his ugly bald head popped up again....and VERY LIKELY his inside info was DA himself!!!

greythan I find it very suspect that RAC who does not make decisions effectively or quickly from what he has shown us with coaches and players that he would make this decision on a short week.

Phil savage seems like he has made his choice, I happen to think that Mortenson is fairly astute and accurate in what he tries to report. I am not listening to Lum, it just makes sense.

Regardless of the why and the how the realities are that someone somewhere in the organization made the choice. I hope the 1.5 year prep time has been good for BQ because they are not doing him any favors throwing him in on a very short week on a thursday game. I am sure he will handle the pressure and scrutiny fine.

Honestly debating pros and cons for DA is a nonfactor now, I hope that I am wrong about BQ and will give him the same fair treatment and time he is going to need.

greythan I find it very suspect that RAC who does not make decisions effectively or quickly from what he has shown us with coaches and players that he would make this decision on a short week.

Phil savage seems like he has made his choice, I happen to think that Mortenson is fairly astute and accurate in what he tries to report. I am not listening to Lum, it just makes sense.

All indications point to RAC having trouble making the tough decision. Carthon, Frye, and now Anderson. The appearance of a fact pattern is there, however, we all remain blind to what actually happens behind closed doors in Berea.

However, why would you overlook the obvious motivation for the switch (DA's inconsistent play; player on the bench the staff traded up to get) going into a game against a poorly ranked defense hearing from RAC for a few weeks now that Quinn is being prepped?

The most logical reason for the switch is what's been debated on these boards all season regarding the actual play of our QB.

So, let's drop the guilty until proven innocent view here and stick with the rational. If credible information becomes available indicating the switch was made to placate the fanbase, then we can all lament management together.

Lerner finally got his head out of the sand and did something for once!

why shouldnt he use some pull to make the switch..absolutely no other team in the NFL would have had that inconsistent of play from the most important position on the field. It's just ludacris that these shenanigans went on too long

DA VERY CLEARLY DOES NOT GIVE US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN.

Lets let Brady rip off 8 straight...hooray !

Not according to Romeo; he claims it was his call:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... ision.html

Let me post this (soon to be dismissed article):

Quinn.gif

Cleveland Browns coach says switch to quarterback Brady Quinn 'was my decision'

by Tony Grossi

Tuesday November 04, 2008, 11:29 AM

Romeo Crennel said he made the call to bench Derek Anderson for Brady Quinn.

"Some things had to do with it," Crennel said. "Our record, offensive ranking, offensive production, so I made the decision to make the change."

Quinn basically will have one full day of practice before making his NFL starting debut Thursday night against the Denver Broncos.

"Timing? Well, I don't think the short week had nothing to do with it," Crennel said. "It was just time. We're not throwing in the towel, not giving up on the season, we're going to beat Denver, that's what we're going to do."

Crennel denied ESPN reports that the move was made by his bosses as a public relations ploy.

"It's my decision," Crennel said. "I informed the organization what I was thinking. They told me they would back whatever decision I made. I feel I have the backing."

Haha. Sure is was RAC's decision.

Yeah that's why he said DA was the starter about two hours before they made the change.

Everybody knows who made this change, regardless of what they told RAC to say.

Randy "Al Davis" Lerner - The Brady Quinn Lover with the power to make it happen

Romeo Crennel said he made the call to bench Derek Anderson for Brady Quinn.

Haha. Sure is was RAC's decision

Funny, Lum, you're the turd who always WITHOUT FAIL threw Romeo's and Phil's words at us, verbatim, as God's Truth.

Now, when it suits your purposes, you stop believing Romeo? You can't have it both ways.

You're a joke.

Haha. Sure is was RAC's decision.

Yeah that's why he said DA was the starter about two hours before they made the change.

Everybody knows who made this change, regardless of what they told RAC to say.

Randy "Al Davis" Lerner - The Brady Quinn Lover with the power to make it happen

icon_lol.gif

Mr. Only-From-The-Horse's-Mouth is now second guessing team officials?

Lum, you've taken Fraud to a whole new level. It must flat out HURT to be that pathetic.

Grey, what are the chances Lum responds to this? Slim? None????

Directly? None.

This is old (but still fun). He regularly gets his ass handed to him on these boards and has NEVER been man enough to stand up. He did, however, almost rant about DA after his implosion in the first Baltimore game.

He also made the comment because the meeting hadn't taken place yet, so at that point DA was still the starter.

It's not that complicated, you sit down with your coaches and whoever and throw the idea out there. When the consensus is to start the kid, then that's the decision made and it goes down as the coaches.

RAC 'n ROLLS is not going to say DA is not the starter before he meets with his staff and the players themselves.

Duhoyeee! dis is a rocket science

Guest Masters
First off this is purely speculation on your part and to put it out there as fact is ubsurd.

So how in the hell else did Trent Dilfer of all people end up breaking the story?

Dude, do you know what breaking a story means? That ain't breaking a story. That is speculation and opinion.

If Dilfer were to have heard it from a person in the organization, staff, or Lerners lawn boy, then it would be breaking something.

Guest Masters
Apparently none of you BQ Fags can give any other reason for Trent Dilfer to have broken this story.

Well seeing as how you didn't start following the Browns until last year, you don't know Dilfers history in CLE. He was brought in by Savage to be the starter (even traded for him). He blew badly while was here and was yanked mid way through the season for Frye on a bad football team (remember Dilfer using that line in his emo rants on ESPN, "you don't change QBs on a bad football team")?

He got into trouble out in the flats, had several reported blow ups with OC, and was bitter when he was let go.

And again, he didn't break anything. He speculated based on his experience in CLE.

Apparently none of you BQ Fags can give any other reason for Trent Dilfer to have broken this story.

Well seeing as how you didn't start following the Browns until last year, you don't know Dilfers history in CLE. He was brought in by Savage to be the starter (even traded for him). He blew badly while was here and was yanked mid way through the season for Frye on a bad football team (remember Dilfer using that line in his emo rants on ESPN, "you don't change QBs on a bad football team")?

He got into trouble out in the flats, had several reported blow ups with OC, and was bitter when he was let go.

And again, he didn't break anything. He speculated based on his experience in CLE.

Hey Mik, remember when da ich slithered out of the bet we had over Dildofer's QB rating after he was player of the week against Green Bay?

Classic. PS, I've been trying to educate these Oregonians on Browns history so thanks for helping. Lums didn't know Dildofer ever even played in Ctown until yesterday.

Speculation:

There is not a doubt in my mind that (mr.handsoff ownership) finally got his hands on and told savage of his desire to see bq play and savage relayed the message to rac also putting in his 2 cents in about his desire to see what bq has as well rac most likely had no choice really..

Savage is doing lerners bidding randy wants everyone to do their job on their own accord and work as partners instead of superior to lesser superior while this is an honorable concept it needs the right people to work and rac is not that guy this team needs an aggressive self starter coach and staff that will address the key issues on the field so savage is free to manage the business end and randy is free to sink another bank with tax payer dollars instead of having to get his nansy panzy hands dirty in football business...

Gawd i miss the art modell days when this team was just as ruthless and mean as rooneys team...

Archived