THE BROWNS BOARD

What is it with the browns generational inability to protect the QB?

Clevfan4life

Carson wentz would be stsnding on the sideline in a sling or crutches, thats why i give a fuck about clamoring year after year for every new qb coming out. It doesnt matter who we draft at qb until we build a serviceable o line. Fucking kessler goes out and within 5 minutes im seeing as hard a shot to a qb as ive ever sern in football.

And kessler got one earlier from margus hunt, the primary DE stunting inside and he comes scot free into kessler. No one could find a giant dl weaving inside apparently. My point is this isnt trickery or shenanigsns, we're cutting primary pass rushers completrly loose on our qb's. I was complaining about this last year and some of you football illiterate clowns were still defending this circus act like "oh how do you know what protection was called?". No ur right i dont know what protection was called that dictates waving in 300lb DL into ur Qb like fighters comin in for carrier landings.

Carson wentz would be stsnding on the sideline in a sling or crutches, thats why i give a fuck about clamoring year after year for every new qb coming out. It doesnt matter who we draft at qb until we build a serviceable o line. Fucking kessler goes out and within 5 minutes im seeing as hard a shot to a qb as ive ever sern in football.

And kessler got one earlier from margus hunt, the primary DE stunting inside and he comes scot free into kessler. No one could find a giant dl weaving inside apparently. My point is this isnt trickery or shenanigsns, we're cutting primary pass rushers completrly loose on our qb's. I was complaining about this last year and some of you football illiterate clowns were still defending this circus act like "oh how do you know what protection was called?". No ur right i dont know what protection was called that dictates waving in 300lb DL into ur Qb like fighters comin in for carrier landings.

But PFF has our O-Line ranked very well year in and year out. I guess protecting the QB is low on the sabremetrics.

while I agree the protection sucks. And it does get our QB's hurt all the time

It also doesn't help that the majority of our QB's have been below average is size, and/or injury prone before they even got here.

I would like to see a 6'5" 240 lbs guy back there for once.

Or maybe its just because all of the Browns QBs hold the ball too long and don't know how to evade pass rushers.

that also goes back to the below average size. Some of our QB's couldn't see over the line

Or maybe its just because all of the Browns QBs hold the ball too long and don't know how to evade pass rushers.

Not saying they never do that, but the browns pocket is about as firm as a hot pocket fresh out of the microwave and ready for yum yums. Defense feasts on our pass protection. Look even the best o lines get had by good pass rushes, i get that....but its like it doesnt matter who comes to cleveland, they get theirs. And thats on my last nerve.

That shot kessler took from hunt infuriated me cause hint is a downlinrman and you cut him loose right up the middle. I give passes to exotic blitz packages getting free on our QB. But i do not forgive not getting a hand on a down lineman on a simple stunt. At the very least impede their momentum ffs so they're pulling our qb down instead if trucking him. Thsts yhe diffetence between the browns pass protect and most other bad o lines....at least thise sacks are for the most part contested so the qb isnt taking one truck shot after another. There is no o line over a period of years that gives up as many of thise as ours

If it was earlier, then I'm guessing it must have been while Cam was still in at Center. Slow to react is his signature "move"... FYI to above posters PFF has Cam rated 34th out of 34 rated Centers.

I was encouraged by the fact that we were shuffling OL today... searching for the right combo. Drago got the start... Cam was pulled and in favor of Greco with Bailey backfilling... even gave Shon a shot at RT. Unfortunately that did not work out when he almost immediately yielded a sack to Dunlap.

Shon is testing my faith, but I still have hope that some combo of his knee and swapping sides is hurting his performance.

Regardless it is still painfully obvious that we've not yet replaced Schwartz.

The announcers said that Erving was ill.

They've got to use games as practice and continue to shuffle guys in and around until they can find 5 that can be serviceable together.

...and they should not be running the QB's to make yards! Hogan wasn't even sliding. How crazy was that, with Kessler in the locker room?

They've got to use games as practice and continue to shuffle guys in and around until they can find 5 that can be serviceable together.

...and they should not be running the QB's to make yards! Hogan wasn't even sliding. How crazy was that, with Kessler in the locker room?

Cam got ill in Tenn. last week also & MKC is reporting possible bruised lung has issues. Kess does have concussion but JMc looks ready. Hogan's 28 yard TD run was longest by any QB this season..sign me up for next week

Bull- I just got finished watching the Pats - Squealers game. Both Jones and Brady in general had all freaking day to throw. Our line is abysmal. Speaking of TEs- Gronk can actually block, I saw Barnidge totally whiff on a couple outside rush pickups.

If it was earlier, then I'm guessing it must have been while Cam was still in at Center. Slow to react is his signature "move"... FYI to above posters PFF has Cam rated 34th out of 34 rated Centers.

I was encouraged by the fact that we were shuffling OL today... searching for the right combo. Drago got the start... Cam was pulled and in favor of Greco with Bailey backfilling... even gave Shon a shot at RT. Unfortunately that did not work out when he almost immediately yielded a sack to Dunlap.

Shon is testing my faith, but I still have hope that some combo of his knee and swapping sides is hurting his performance.

Regardless it is still painfully obvious that we've not yet replaced Schwartz.

Well, you can say there's a lack of continuity- but it's more than that. Lack of experience, or lack of talent?

Erving ill? Yeah, I get pretty ill watching him play. BTW, heard on the radio Hogan's run was longest ever by a Browns qb. 104 yards rushing. Maybe have him replace Johnson. Speaking of- great move Hue, pull Crow and let Duke get stuffed on third and short. More stupid stuff brought to you by non-action Jackson.

Missed that... but my attention span was challenged today.

... Hogan's run was longest ever by a Browns qb. 104 yards rushing.

I heard only needed 5 more to erase JFF's name from the Browns record book.

Did not even get to enjoy that...

Missed that... but my attention span was challenged today.

I heard only needed 5 more to erase JFF's name from the Browns record book.

Did not even get to enjoy that...

thought the same thing,,,,,,,,funny thing was they showed jff's name and it said the record was set in 1978

Least Pisspuke Lost to. That should keep their scum away for a few hours

Yeah pretty amazing that the only team that looked good in our division is the team that kicked our ass....even though people pregame said 'they' sucked.

Well if they suck and they beat us by 2 TDs what does that say about the browns?

Archived