THE BROWNS BOARD

ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC : ISIS massacres 250 children by kneading them in bakery dough machine

OldBrownsFan

I made a misstake by getting too personal up in here but I stand by my family first then if anything is left over I can help someone else last. It might not be the right way but it's my way.

So I heard someone say this and it really changed my worldview:

"Just because someone's situation sucks worse than yours doesn't mean your situation still doesn't suck"

To be frank, I definitely had that "but the poor kids in Africa!" mindset in believing it could always be worse. Be it growing up or having a wife now, but I realize that's not a great way to view the world. Fact is, although I know I have it better than billions of people, I do also know there's things in my life that just suck. Certainly the scenario with your grandchildren is worse than anything I deal with, and my heart certainly aches for those kids. Point is though, I would never frame the argument of "well Syrian kids have it worse you know!" because that's just not how I feel. Again, someone's life can suck worse than yours but it doesn't mean your life doesn't suck too.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I heard someone say this and it really changed my worldview:

"Just because someone's situation sucks worse than yours doesn't mean your situation still doesn't suck"

To be frank, I definitely had that "but the poor kids in Africa!" mindset in believing it could always be worse. Be it growing up or having a wife now, but I realize that's not a great way to view the world. Fact is, although I know I have it better than billions of people, I do also know there's things in my life that just suck. Certainly the scenario with your grandchildren is worse than anything I deal with, and my heart certainly aches for those kids. Point is though, I would never frame the argument of "well Syrian kids have it worse you know!" because that's just not how I feel. Again, someone's life can suck worse than yours but it doesn't mean your life doesn't suck too.

I was a bit pissed last night but I guess I'm over it now. But hey these are just words I wish all the children well. Peace.

Wtf are you talking about?

You don't know shit.

well, you misinterpreted my post. I was meaning to bash jrbs conention that kids overseas are more important.

I was agreeing with you about the issue, but it looks like I was bashing you instead. went too fast.

My bad. I should have quoted jrb's bs. Maybe I need to slow down my typing, or we need a new keyboard.

A simple "you talkin to ME?" would have sufficed.

well, you misinterpreted my post. I was meaning to bash jrbs conention that kids overseas are more important.

I was agreeing with you about the issue, but it looks like I was bashing you instead. went too fast.

My bad. I should have quoted jrb's bs. Maybe I need to slow down my typing, or we need a new keyboard.

A simple "you talkin to ME?" would have sufficed.

Ok sorry.

Archived