THE BROWNS BOARD

Let's Be Honest

Chicopee John

I would be happy with Tim Couch being the QB next year if he had a 100 QB rating. I don't care who wins the competition but I believe it will be a fair competition. I also believe that Mangini will play the QB who gives him the best chance to win. The best thing that can happen is that one QB clearly steps up and plays better than the other ones during camp and the preseason.

There are too many QBs to have a coin flip, this would require a rock/paper/scissors competition

I agree.

And the thing about this is the coach and GM really have no irions in the fire other than wanting the best player under center.

Does anybody really believe that, barring an injury, somebody other than Quinn will start opening day?

Either you are living in a dream world or the Browns (i.e. Savage) is a complete idiot for drafting such an incompetent QB.

Quinn starts.

If not, this organization is screwed up BIG TIME.

If there wasn't any doubt then there wouldn't be most of the 35 posts in this thread begging for Quinn to be handed the job without competition.

That's because we all know that in an open competition the 6'3" Quinn has little chance against the 6'6" Pro Bowler.

We also know that Mangini isn't concerned with fan opinion. Hell, with training camp closed to fans, BQ Nation can't even go boo DA and chant BRAY-DEE.

Quinn's only hope for starting in 2009 is for Randy Lerner to step in and force Mangini to do it.

And without that starting nod, and with his 11 mil waving bye-bye, we all know Quinn will be looking for a trade so he can pick up his 70% reps.

it doesn't matter what you believe.

What do you really beleive?

Will DA be our starter? If not not is it a conspiracy? Are you a Browns fan? What makes you happy? Are you ever a positive person?

Have you ever tortured small animals? Were you beaten up by the school bully? How short are you?

What is your Deal?

Guys just chill, the ONLY (1) reason Quinn hasn't been named the starter is because he doesn't want to turn DA's value from a 6th rounder to NOTHING AT ALL.

no, the real reason he hasn't been named starter is because he couldn't outplay Anderson last year.

the fact that you think he's awesome after three games of suck doesn't matter to the team or coaches deciding the QB.

Go back and read my posts RE: Quinn. I have been anything but a pumper.

I am not saying he is great. I am saying that, in his third year, he better be better than Anderson.

Archived