THE BROWNS BOARD

WOW! After FBI’s Hillary Announcement, Searches For “CHANGE EARLY VOTE” SKYROCKET

OldBrownsFan

Music is probably the thing we do better than pretty much anybody.

Stuart

American black people would take exception to that.

Rock, Jazz, Blues, Rhythm and Blues, Disco, Motown, Funk have all their roots in black culture.

Their latest invention..that rap and hip hop shit I don't consider music, no more that I consider Buddhist chanting music.

I'm on the road no less than 150 miles per day and in my experience trump signs are out numbering Clinton ones by at least 10-1. I've seem more Clinton signs out lately but they're still not even close.

The major problem with Clinton is not emails or scandals it's simply that no one actually likes her.

Every gig I play I ask who's voting for Hillary and who's voting for Trump the Trump Applause is generally three times as loud if not more.

WSS

Stuart

American black people would take exception to that.

Rock, Jazz, Blues, Rhythm and Blues, Disco, Motown, Funk have all their roots in black culture.

Their latest invention..that rap and hip hop shit I don't consider music, no more that I consider Buddhist chanting music.

I always felt though in the 60's it was the British groups that seem to really appreciate the blues, rhythm and blues and soul music coming from black America....they really seemed to get it more so than white audiences in the U.S. I remember hearing that from so many of the British super groups and musicians like Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and a host of others from Britain.

It seemed the Brits soaked up Elvis and Chuck Berry and James Brown and everything we had to offer in America that had died down in the early 60's and put their own twist to it and shot it back to us and it was pretty new and exciting at the time...while it was dying down here it was going like gangbusters in Britain. The Beatles were a phenomenon there few knew about in the US until they took the country by storm on the Ed Sullivan show. That could only have happened at that time because we didn't have the internet and technology like today and what was happening in Britain first and later took America by storm was flying under the radar in England.

Archived