THE BROWNS BOARD

Vikes: Norv quits; Shurmur steps up

gftChris

I'm guessing at some point the vikings looked at cleveland's offenses from 2011-2013 and said 'I want me a piece of that' and hired both of those guys.

Now, Norv Turner has 'resigned' and Pat Shurmur has stepped in as OC. How does he keep getting a job?

OL is so overrated. They shouldnt even exist. The d line should just line up unopposed on every down. Really don't understand what the purpose of the o line even is. Just a bunch of fat guys out there wandering around aimlessly. And then watching them every now and then try to obstruct a defensive players path to the ball carrier i mean wtf? Flag that everytime one of em gets that idear in his head

Shurmer was the worst HC in Browns history. Holmgren hired him because he had a great relationship with Fritz.

Minnesota needs help on the O line, not a coaching switch.

Shurmer was the worst HC in Browns history. Holmgren hired him because he had a great relationship with Fritz.

I will never forget the dumb fucking deer in headlights look Shurmer would get when he made a terrible decision. It looked like a 3rd grader trying to learn physics. Man he was the worst.

Yeah. He ruined our Christmas Eve in Baltimore.

I will never forget the dumb fucking deer in headlights look Shurmer would get when he made a terrible decision. It looked like a 3rd grader trying to learn physics. Man he was the worst.

I'm guessing at some point the vikings looked at cleveland's offenses from 2011-2013 and said 'I want me a piece of that' and hired both of those guys.

Now, Norv Turner has 'resigned' and Pat Shurmur has stepped in as OC. How does he keep getting a job?

Must be his clock management expertise.

Not sure if you ever heard Mike Zimmer in a presser? But this prick thinks he's some kinda of Belicheck. Heard presser today & Zimmer praises Him & Norv's friendship in prior seasons. But turned quickly after reporter asked if a fight incurred between the both? Zimmer responded No but "HOPES they can still be friends"? Good Luck Norv..get out while you still can. Of course Zimmer is in a eye patch after couching his own eyeball.. A Real Viking..

Cause shurmur might not be as bad as his time here in the 6th ring might suggest

yes he was that fucking bad,he had never called a play in his life before he got here(which explained a flea flicker being called on baltiwhores 5 yard line) and if you remember he ended up giving up play calling duties,dude was a joke

I'll never forget the time Shurmur called a running play with no running back in the game. TE, Alex Smith, who say's he never took a hand-off before, had to line up in the backfield and, of course, fumbled the hand-off.

Norv has always been a respected offensive coach.

Old Pat Sure-loss, we remember you so fondly- NOT!

They were probably looking at the Ram's offense of 2010.

They must really believe in their D.....

yes. but don't put it all on the coaches. you can only coach up so much depending on talent level. it's like the old saying, you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

i heard that a couple of times last night......somewhere.

ugh.

Ah, Shurloss, Holmgren and Weeden - the unholy trinity of Browns football.

Norv has always been a respected offensive coach.

Yes, but I feel like this was not the case when it came to his Viking's HC. Zim's a great DC, but "Volatile" is his middle name and as a DC he had an HC to keep him in line.... to keep him from going full Buddy Ryan.

There is no check on him as HC so I could see him getting on staff in general the past three years and more and more on Norv as fortunes have turned recently.

According to ghoulie oc's and dc's are coffee mules. So that means the last time i felt the entire defense might be on to something was under shurms 4-3. So ill leave it at that

Shurm's 4-3???

Dick Jauron has not been in the league since we sent him packing after the 2012 season.

Archived