THE BROWNS BOARD

Sashi's Real Plan (supposedly)

Adoug319

This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read on this forum which is a dubious record to hold. Seriously, congratulations because the bar was so low I never thought it could go lower. You officially crossed the dumb fuck threshold and I guess should wear it with pride.

Haven't you said this before?

lmao...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going with the idiot part. I have not seen one thing that yells out "Genius"

What anyone deems genius is purely subjective, anyways.

I would argue that mixing Kevin Hogan with the read option into the game plan vs. the Bengals was genius.. they were not prepared for it at all, and had Kessler stayed healthy, we had a chance in that game

I think we've seen enough to put away the "genius" talk.....not saying Hue is a bad coach, but he's no offensive genius either.....

If he was such an offensive genius, why was he an Asst DB coach in Cinci, then Asst ST coach, then Asst RB coach and, then, only got promoted to OC after Gruden left....??

How often do NFL teams use offensive genius / QB gurus to coach DBs' and ST's?......(answer?....never)

This isn't the movie Major League or The Natural. The Browns are going 0-16 because of their last three drafts! We still need a quarterback and we need the first pick!

This scenario is what I fear the most.

I agree. We don't need any more picks. We need players.

Here's an idea....how about trading some of those picks to move up?

Screw trading down.

Screw trading down.

Do you mean so we can get 'better' players instead of backups and special teamers?

Blasphemy!

...how are you ballpeen? It's me, aka VetteDawg...

Not to change the topic but are any of you watching the Raiders/Broncos? Raiders punter just pinned them down inside the 5 and was celebrating "ridein the Pony" and no flag at all. I am still pissed about the bullshit call on Pryor for throwing the ball to the ref and the no good worthless cocksucker pos called it taunting. I hope he dies in a single car accident BLAH. :)

Screw trading down.

And yes Ballpeen!!! I haven't seen you in a bit, How you doing?

Agreed- 'Peen- missed seeing you at the Tailgate today, and sorry about those 'Gators.

Very interesting day in Cleveland sports radio land.....

Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

Again...if it was hammer or something.....But Jim Donovan?.....

Usually I dont put too much into what the radio heads are saying....they all have their schtick......but today, it was Doug Deiken and Jim Donovan throwing out some strong words....and both of these guys are very credible and fair minded,....PLUS, they've worked for the Browns for decades? and usually are fairly reserved in what they say....

But...today...in a nutshell.....Donovan says this is not the plan....things have gotten out of hand.....FO bit off more than it can chew.....and maybe, the FO and coaching staff are not on the same page.....and he called for Sashi to step up and talk about it....share the plan or, if this wasnt the plan, share what has gone amiss.....basically, where's the explanation?

Never happen. Haslam is in chronic denial.

The plan was to suck ass for year one so I'm not too sure what there is to say to be honest. They maybe didn't expect to suck this badly, but I doubt the brass thought we'd have more than 1-2 wins at this point.

Oddly enough, didn't see this until after I started my thread. This is interesting insight. But I'm not sure what he expects Sashi to do. Come out and say "we are absolutely tanking this season so we can load up with the top pick in every round next May"? I mean, I wouldn't mind it one bit but everyone knows that's just not how things work.

I do think they'd have been smart during the offseason to just admit "we're trying to get younger and anyone we can't see being on this team in 2019, we're not going to prioritize." I think people can hear that and feel alright. Straight up admitting you're tanking though, I doubt that would fly (even though it's true).

Straight up admitting you're tanking though, I doubt that would fly (even though it's true).

More "true" as a byproduct of the youth approach than as a goal I think.

If you want to maximize the sifting of players to confirm talent, then you create roster slots by simply clearing out all save the core veterans.

I see what you're saying but I think the #1 pick is the goal, not a mere byproduct. No way to really know unless we can get our spy suits on and sneak into Berea though, and it's likely to happen regardless of the intention of course.

Meet you in the middle at "desirable byproduct?"

The problem of course is that barring a standout QB prospect,which appears to be the case at present, then the first pick is not worth what it otherwise would be.

Of course were there a standout QB prospect, I can't imagine us not tabbing him...

I cant get with the idea that they are trying to lose or that the #1 was their goal.....not seeing it.....Especially since there is no clear target at the #1.....ala an Andrew Luck or something...that is worth losing a whole season over.....

(and, as Tour so astutely pointed out, the value drops w/o a super prospect at the top)....so tank a whole season for ???? who?

Grossi was on the radio yesterday and played a Shashi sound bite from earlier this season....and the basic gist was Shashi saying they are planning to win this year and show immediate, measurable improvement......and when asked how many wins would be an improvement 4 or 5?.....his reply was "any less than that would be a major disappointment.....soooo, less than 4-5 wins are a major disappointment, as per Shashi(the plans architect)....so, what would that make 0-16, a major what?....success?.....nope

I dont think he would have said that if tanking all the games was his plan......he woulda talked around it......

Honestly think "he" thought they would win......and was wrong....simple as that

I cant get with the idea that they are trying to lose or that the #1 was their goal.....not seeing it.....Especially since there is no clear target at the #1.....ala an Andrew Luck or something...that is worth losing a whole season over.....

(and, as Tour so astutely pointed out, the value drops w/o a super prospect at the top)....so tank a whole season for ???? who?

Grossi was on the radio yesterday and played a Shashi sound bite from earlier this season....and the basic gist was Shashi saying they are planning to win this year and show immediate, measurable improvement......and when asked how many wins would be an improvement 4 or 5?.....his reply was "any less than that would be a major disappointment.....soooo, less than 4-5 wins are a major disappointment, as per Shashi(the plans architect)....so, what would that make 0-16, a major what?....success?.....nope

I dont think he would have said that if tanking all the games was his plan......he woulda talked around it......

I agree Mud-I don't think anyone in the FO anticipated the extent of the effects of a major rebuild. And I have a theory on that concerning the differences between baseball and football. In baseball you can go a long way with pitching and middle of the road players whereas in football the opposition is always seeking the weak link to exploit which can lead to a win. It only takes one or two not so great players (or loss of them to injury) to provide that weakness that leads to losses. It's far more of a team sport in that there must be a unified 11 on two sides of the ball to succeed. Baseball-not so much. You can have 2-3 guys who might be decent fielders but not so great at hitting, but with very good pitching, you can still win a lot of games. We have a baseball FO still trying to figure out how analytics can be adapted to football.

i will ad this even tho i am sure it has been said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,FUCK TRADING DOWN what has it ever got us,,,,,I will tell you ,,,,not a FUCKING THING,,,except shit players who are no longer in the league OR if one of those players do stand out we just end up letting them walk

so thank you and carry on

Meet you in the middle at "desirable byproduct?"

The problem of course is that barring a standout QB prospect,which appears to be the case at present, then the first pick is not worth what it otherwise would be.

Of course were there a standout QB prospect, I can't imagine us not tabbing him...

I don't think we are tanking the season, I think we just stink. But, for the sake of conversation, what if that was the plan before the season started, when Watson was a stone cold lead pipe lock to be number one and now, near the end of the college football season, that's changed and it's too late to change course? Maybe we positioned ourselves well for the next draft and then Watson played himself out of the top spot, leaving us with our peters in our hands.

Archived