THE BROWNS BOARD

What do you expect from a Trump presidency?

gftChris

Do you think he will actually:

- build the wall? get mexico to pay for it?

Yes. What -type- of wall, we'll have to wait and see. Mexico will pay, in indirect ways.

- send hillary to jail?

Not until the corruption in ObaMao's INJustice dept, State dept. is elminated, and Comey

is replaced by ...Rudy Giuliani.. or Trey Gowdy/somebody like them.

- withdraw from NATO/UN?

NO on Nato. Probably a great idea on the worthless UN. We are 20 trillion in debt?

We subsidize the UN way, way too much.

- eradicate ISIS in a timely and effective manner?

Most of it. There will be a few that keep surfacing, because of the ambiguity of

the Koran on the issues that the terrorists misinterpret. or is it "misinterpret".. I don't know.

- ban muslims? entirely or just from 'terrorist' countries?

Nobody wants to ban Muslims, but serious ifpossible vetting MUST take place before

people are allowed to come to our country and be a part of it.

- repeal obamacare? and set the healthcare industry back to how it was in 2008 or so? replace it with something else?

Absolutely. But it must be replaced with a system that actually does what it is supposed to do, without

all the asinine and destructive effects on our health care industry, and the hc insurance that people

already had. Obamao was designed to take hc industry over, by elminating competition, in a giant fit

of political leverage getting.

For those that voted for him, what else do you expect him to accomplish in the next four years?

I expect him to NOT divide us, fix our borken veterans health system, uplift and build our military up,

repeal common core...

I do believe he and our congress will accomplish great things. Not because he is great, but because

great things need to be accomplished, and the time is now. And the leftist at all cost beligerance will

be gone. Once and for all, dems and reps can get together and finally stop the antagonistic stonewalling

and race/economic/religious/etc baiting by liberals.

A quote from Carl Sagan seems apropos about a Trump presidency: "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." This election was obviously a referendum on the status quo on D.C., so hopefully, they got the message. The Trump-led Republicans have the mandate for the next two years, so let's see what they can do. If it works, great. If not, there will be hell to pay for the GOP come 2018.

A quote from Carl Sagan seems apropos about a Trump presidency: "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." This election was obviously a referendum on the status quo on D.C., so hopefully, they got the message. The Trump-led Republicans have the mandate for the next two years, so let's see what they can do. If it works, great. If not, there will be hell to pay for the GOP come 2018.

There is always hell to pay for the party in power during the midterms.

WSS

Now that the shock has (somewhat) worn off, I do see some reasons to be hopeful about a Trump presidency.

First, separate the TV reality show 'anything for ratings' buffoon from the man. Many people who have known Trump for years say he is nothing like the venom-spewing cartoon we saw on the campaign trail. Last year, Keith Olbermann lived in one of Trump's buildings in NYC and related a couple of conversations he had with Trump. In these conversations, Olbermann said Trump "...was polite. He was engaged. From Trumps standpoint it was always about ME and never about HIM."

Two of the first calls Trump made as president-elect were to Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer to tell them he wanted to work with them for the good of the country (although some R's will no doubt look at this as a treasonous betrayal---hell, their heads exploded because Christie was once halfway civil to Obama). For all his 'aw--shucks' folksiness, W didn't try to build outside relationships as president. When the day was over he just wanted to get up to the residence to watch ESPN. Obama never made any effort to forge relationships with the other side of the aisle (probably wouldn't have done much good if he had). Hell, the fucking Democrats complained about his aloofness, never mind the R's.

Problem---Trump often acts like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum. In some ways Trump IS that reality show buffoon. Way back in my high school sports days, we had a term for guys like him---Rabbit Ears. You knew you could always knock them off their game because they heard EVERYTHING. Look, everyone who runs for president has a huge (unhealthy) ego, is borderline narcissistic. But Trump has shown a propensity for not being able to let anything---even the most minute of perceived slights--go. All you have to do is look at the first two debates. Hillary would push his buttons and Trump reacted like one of Pavlov's dogs. I find that basic lack of self-control very alarming. I think Putin sees Trump as someone he can lead around by the nose.

Complement him and tell him how brilliant he is and he'll be putty in Putin's hands. Donald himself said that he likes Putin because "he said nice things about me". Jesus. Vladimir Putin rose to the rank of Lt. Col. as a foreign intelligence officer in the fucking KGB. He has studied human nature, and knows a thing or two about reading and manipulating people. I fear Trump is out of his league.

Finally, the DC bureaucracy is a huge monolith of almost unimaginable proportion, embedded in decades and decades of practice. Trump isn't the first person to go to DC with the promise of 'draining the swamp'. I fear that reality is going to smack Trump's rabid supporters over the head with a large, blunt object. Because McConnell, Ryan, Chaffetz, Trey Gowdy, Jeff Sessions are all politicians first. They are the swamp. Oh, they'll pass some legislation: repeal Obamacare, throw some red meat to the base. But in the end, it is in their best personal interest to maintain the status quo. And that means getting reelected so they can live in DC and maintain their positions of power.

The old Chinese proverb says "May you live in interesting times."

Indeed.

Damn, I've really become a cynical old bastard.

The wall is never going to happen. It was only a ploy to get the Tea Party vote and win the primary. Border security will tighten up - this is a good thing. You can also kiss amnesty for illegals good bye forever. #sorrynotsorry

- send hillary to jail?

While I would love it and his base would love it, this would be a horrible move that further polarizes the country.

- withdraw from NATO/UN?

Potentially. I would like to see him create a new US-Russian treaty. The world would be so much better off if we weren't diametrically opposed to each other. Look at the majority of killing that's happened since World War 2 - it's because of Cold War era policies of the US and USSR/Russia.

Maybe. The eradication of ISIS would require a unilateral task force between the US, Russia, Europe, and Middle Eastern nations. If you point all those powers at the same goal, they're unstoppable.

Ban? No. Extreme profiling? Yes. We're already doing it anyways. He might go further and ban people who don't have any legitimate documentation to prove where they're from. Sorry, but the Syrian economic migrants can stay over there.

- repeal obamacare? and set the healthcare industry back to how it was in 2008 or so? replace it with something else?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this will happen.

For those that voted for him, what else do you expect him to accomplish in the next four years?

He's already accomplished it. Look at the butthurt on facebook. Everyone crying out "Racist! Xenophobe! Homophobe!" These fucking crybabies are exactly the reason that Trump won. People are sick of being labeled as some sort of bigot simply because they have a different point of view.

Oh yeah, and then there's this.

The hubris and arrogance of all these assholes makes it so vindicating to watch them eat crow as their fragile safe space worldview falls apart.

I think that Trump is going to surprise everyone with how he handles being a President.

-No

-No

-No

-Was gonna happen eventually anyway

-No

-Yes, because there are Reps everywhere, not necessarily the fact that Trump is there

+1

But hoping he is better than I anticipate. His failure will only hurt the country and by extension me. Time to support the President and hope he makes decisions that benefit the entire nation.

"Read my lips, no new taxes"..the president who made that promise to get elected and then raised taxes was a one term president failing to get re-elected. I don't see how Trump can possibly get away with not following through with his signature pledge of building a border wall. If Trump would renege on a campaign pledge of building a wall he has emphatically and repeatedly made over and over again he will guarantee himself to be a one termer.

that's the reality of dealing with an opposite party Congress in control.

Trump doesn't have that fiasco.

What I found funny about Bush raising taxes and breaking his campaign pledge were all the democrats with their arms around him hailing him as a hero at the time....until a year and half later when he ran for re-election and then the democrats used the no new taxes pledge as a sledge hammer against him...the same ones who had hailed him as a hero.

What I found funny about Bush raising taxes and breaking his campaign pledge were all the democrats with their arms around him hailing him as a hero at the time....until a year and half later when he ran for re-election and then the democrats used the no new taxes pledge as a sledge hammer against him...the same ones who had hailed him as a hero.

Four years ago Trump was golfing with Bill and praising Hillary, politics.

- send hillary to jail?

- withdraw from NATO/UN?

• At least a token wall build where natural barriers are minimal. May be able to find some form of Mexico money to claim they paid, e.g., tariffs.
  • No... already hearing overtures of "tradition" of leaving past transgressions in the past.
  • No withdrawl, but a reshaping.
  • No... can't eradicate an idea. Can however destroy an army and drive its remains into the general population and claim victory.
  • Middle east immigration will be severely curtailed. It will have no impact on domestic terrorism to the extent it even exists.
  • Yes, but first Congress will have to come up with its "replacement". If they do not and simply repeat the repeal exercise they are so well versed in, then I believe Trump will actually veto it because its repeal is the ultimate bargaining chip for negotiating its replacement.

A few major issues were not "polled", but some replies addressed: Coal, Climate change, NAFTA/TPP and the Iran nuclear deal.

• Coal: Trump will discover, if he does not already know, that coal is being killed by economics, not regulation. The fracking created glut of natural gas and its associated reduced operating costs, e.g. no mountains of fly ash to move and maintain, etc., have doomed it.
  • Climate: He may well continue to ignore the science, but he will not ignore Pentagon briefings on the devastatingly disruptive impacts its coming to pass will entail, e.g. Coastal flooding and fresh water reduction. If he is half the businessman he claims to be, then the risk side of the risk/reward analysis should sway him.
  • NAFTA/TPP: Yes, he'll renegotiate, but again the political impact of higher priced goods, which will be felt far ahead of any wage rise, let alone the promised dramatic one, will temper his negotiations.
  • Iran Deal: He may well bow out, but what he will find is our leaving it will have no impact on the deal. This was not a bilateral deal. It was a global deal. A deal was only made possible by sanctions slapped into place by a unified global community. Those ended when the deal was struck. We can stop buying Iran's oil (if we are buying any) and we can impose our sanctions, but the world will simply step in and buy anything we do not and supply anything we do not. Not exactly a strong negotiating hand.

Trump doesn't have that fiasco

Because the last two times (once per side) there has been one-party control things have gone so well?

No it was pretty lame. It covered the election for about 1 minute and the rest was all over the place.

They had to rewrite it at the last minute apparently because they didn't plan for a Trump win...might be why

They always wait until the results to piece it together

Archived