THE BROWNS BOARD

Cowboys Steelers

LondonBrown

what pick did we get to Not have to watch Gilburnt play anywhere? Tomlin just got Marv'd (Lewis) with face mask flag. Should have called both on consecutive plays

I was saying that. Not So much the overrated part but the decision to go for 2 seems unnecessary.

I was hoping the Girls were just gonna kick it, and then Tomlin would have to answer the question all week with his eyes all big and wide.

Tomlin's choice to constantly go for 2s is bad game day coaching...... Period. Dude is so over rated.

Big Ben would make any coach look good. I can't stand him, but you gotta give him his props as a QB.

I was saying that. Not So much the overrated part but the decision to go for 2 seems unnecessary.

The phrase "enamored with the 2" springs to mind...

My observations:

Elliot is the best. The Cowboys oline is one of the very best.

Oddities - The Cowboys were holding and it wasn't called vs the Browns. But they were called

for holding three times at least, maybe the first half? I only saw the second.

The squealer cheapshot play - they replayed a steeler db grabbing a wr? and holding him yanking

him around, going down field like that. NO CALL

the squealer defender yanked on a te/wr facemask, yanked his head around Excorsist wise.... it was

absolutely obvious.... they replayed it.... NO CALL

The next play, they grabbed the faskmask again, not as flagrant... and then the "refs" DID call it.

Squealer pass play - the db was blocked off a wr, which made the receiver open, and it was a completed catch.

Now, I don't know - but isn't that an illegal play? NO CALL ?

Cowboys - one defensive line player lined up offsides.... NO CALL.

I'm not thinking much of the referees this year. Maybe they are all from a state that legalized dope. Or,

they are not sober. or they are stupid. But that flagrant facemask, turning his head around, surely nearly breaking

his neck, and NO CALL? The squealers seem to be favored alright, as much as ref-possible.

and they still lost, the eggsucking cheapshot Squealing losers.

dislike both teams very much. have extended family members (twin nephews) who are each separately a steeler and cowboy fan. it's like civil war.

but what a great Fing game. that's what football is supposed to look like.

I was dragged off to couples bridge play last night so recorded it thinking it might be a good football game to watch later with no stake in either. When I heard the host's son yelling like a banshee from a back room something about Elliot being a king or some such, I figured it might be a decent one to watch later today. I had seen the rook's nice pass over the top to 88 before I left for the evening. I was just thinking how good he might have looked with an orange helmet instead of a damn star. Well before the major hit up the middle over StarCam anyway.

I like bridge. Haven't played in a long time. Yellow card is it?

Nah, we are just an old fashioned group playing the same old two opening in any suit is the strongest demand bid. We're mostly there for the women's talk about grandkids anyway so no one plays anything serious. I'm about the only one that ever asks for aces looking for a slam contract. But at least they usually understand I'm asking. We've had the same group 30+ years of 8, supplemented by two new ones since two deaths of husbands. And it's just me, the other surviving husband and 6 women, so you get the idea, right? :ph34r:

I like to play because I had a wonderful teacher back in the 70's, my then 80+ year old Life Master grandmother. Sharp as a tack.

I never thought I'd say this, but the Cowboys are by far my favorite team to watch. I still "hate" the Cowboys as a franchise (why, I'm not really sure), but in terms of "watching football"...they sure are fun.

Omg but that zeke elliot. Holy fuck he's even better than i thought he was gonna be

I know. He's a treat to watch. So hard to tackle, so fast, and terrific vision. And did I mention a talented receiver as well? He went to the PERFECT team. And how good is Dak Prescott? My lord...some of those plays were so damn good. That two minute drill (well, closer to ONE minute drill) at the very end was so damn good. They had all 3 timeouts (I think), and that drive shows you just how important saving timeouts can be. They were able to attack the middle of the field without panicking. The damn Steelers even got away with a TERRIBLE face mask, only to commit ANOTHER two plays later. Wow.

As much as I love Zeke, and I love watching Dak....I am the MOST jealous of their offensive line. It's truly a marvel in today's NFL.

Elliott is a very good player behind an elite line. He does get a lot of his yards before contact, but that could just as easily be a negative as a reflection of his patience in letting blocks develop, his speed to evade tacklers or whatever.

Based on performances against the Steelers, our defense is on par with Pittsburgh's. How bout them apples?

Yeah, that's probably about accurate. LOL. That Cowboy offense is VERY difficult to shut down. You'd have to get some turnovers, and probably a big special teams play. They have a lot of weapons, and they use them well.

The Steelers have laid some eggs this year. They screw around and suck against us, and we might have a ballgame. Would I bet on it? Hell no. My money says they stomp a mud-hole in our ass and walk it dry. But...anything can happen, and our team NEEDS a win. It's time for Collins, Ogbah, Nassib, and Kirksey to bring the pain, and also have Cody learn from his benching and step it up.

dislike both teams very much. have extended family members (twin nephews) who are each separately a steeler and cowboy fan. it's like civil war.

but what a great Fing game. that's what football is supposed to look like.

+1 and ditto for the 'Hawks/Pats last night. Even included a lovely no call on the shot Thomas laid on The Gronk. Probably one of the best officiated games I've seen this year... even acknowledging the wrong facemask call on Sherman. Damned if he didn't have the shoulder pad...

Nah, we are just an old fashioned group playing the same old two opening in any suit is the strongest demand bid. We're mostly there for the women's talk about grandkids anyway so no one plays anything serious. I'm about the only one that ever asks for aces looking for a slam contract. But at least they usually understand I'm asking. We've had the same group 30+ years of 8, supplemented by two new ones since two deaths of husbands. And it's just me, the other surviving husband and 6 women, so you get the idea, right? :ph34r:

ALERT! I play "weak 2's"... or at least I did once upon a time. Played contract, "speed bridge" most lunches during my 28 years of working after falling in love with the game at college.

8? Playing duplicate?

Elliott is a very good player behind an elite line. He does get a lot of his yards before contact, but that could just as easily be a negative as a reflection of his patience in letting blocks develop, his speed to evade tacklers or whatever.

Last I checked, Zeke was leading the NFL in yards after contact as well.

Last I checked, Zeke was leading the NFL in yards after contact as well.

What? It's not Henry? :P

Zeke's been seeing a lot of DBs in his road... Henry not so much. But you know who else has been? Murray... hmmmmmm...

Archived