THE BROWNS BOARD

If You're Out Of Work

One Post

?????? I HEAR YA!!!

that's excellent...

btw, the video of the entitlement women... I believe it's more talking about a problem, and not

painting all blacks like that. It's a huge problem - made up of non-blacks, too.

and it's been going on a long time. In the AF, I was in an all-black office for a while. One guy was trying to talk

me into registering for food stamps. I said "I don't need those, I have a paycheck, etc". He shook his head

and said I "un-street". He said "you don't tell em you are in the Air Force, man". And said "you like ice cream? Well,

getting foot stamps is like ice cream, we don't need it, but we like it"

Months later, our ssgt of our office quit talking to me. He was black. He was really pizzed, and glared at me a lot.

I said to one of the guys - what did I do ? He hates me" and they explained that while one was home "sick", and he

and the ssgt was on vacation, and I was alone in the office for a day....I had turned the radio to country music,

and he stopped in to get his keys.... and heard it...decided that was racist on my part. It wasn't his radio - it was

left there by some airman whose enlistment was up...

Then, that blew over, and a few months later, one day I was the only one again in the office, and a female called

and asked for him. Well, he left earlier, and said he had to go to lunch with his woman. So, I said he wasn't there, he was

at lunch. She goes, I don't understand, who is he at lunch with? I said, "his wife".......

Nope. She thanked me very nicely, she....was his wife. So, the Commander heard about it, and I went to talk to him,

and he said the ssgt was in serious trouble, and it would be good if I stayed clear of him, like forever.... that it wasn't my

fault. So, I said "well, I think it would be a good idea to apply for a transfer", he laughed and said "either that, or the ssgt

ends up in jail for assault". So, I got a transfer to another squadron, in the mail room. I liked that job.

don't like country music? "it's racist"

Marcus,

Do you really believe that racism is holding the country back? I don't believe you do. If you're even semi educated you're aware of socioeconomics. You're aware that affects everyone. The underlying tone of all your posts are that some whites are racists. Admittedly you say it in the most polite way you can, but its an ignorant theme. The truth about successful or hard working people, is that they hate every fucking human being that doesn't put out a similar effort to succeed in the society that shows no mercy to them either. And thats not a white thing or a racist thing. So we'll gloss over those 'racists' because well they're not.

The real problem in America is intellectual laziness. Everyone that complains about some injustice in this country is typically searching externally for the answer to the problem, never even considering their own contribution to the dilemma. Both of my parents died when I was young, I was essentially a foster kid. I appreciate the help I received from everyone. I lived with what seems like every imaginable type of person you could think of politically speaking. I was never around any group of people long enough to develop a hard stance on any one ideology. With that said, I'm going to attempt to explain this to you. I have indeed met racist people before. I can tell you right now, these are not people of power, influence, intellect, or prestige. Even if they were nice to you, you would recognize rather quickly these are not people you would associate with anyway. Whether they were racist or not, they would have absolutely nothing to do with your life by your very own choice. They are not out there in great numbers or with a loud voice. If they weren't complaining about your race, they would find some other direction to misguide their anger. They are the unsolvable type. Now if you want to hang your hat on the fact that changing these people's view of race will somehow advance the black community then be my guest, but your just going to move in circles.

Now if you want to use racism as a motivation to improve your own situation then go for it, but if its used to change other people it won't work. It never will. I personally don't care to even listen to you, generally speaking, because your not ready to have a legit conversation with yourself at that point. In the business world (Donald Trump?) you are either viewed as an asset or your not. Period. Now if the black community wants more jobs, better pay, better benefits, whatever.......then the question should be what do we need to do as a collective to appeal to the world of business as an asset. Pointing out Trailer Park Joe said the n-word gets you nowhere, pointing out how many white people work at a particular business gets you nowhere, making confederate flags a racist symbol gets you nowhere, etc. etc. etc.

You have pointed out in several posts that black professionals are all around us if we choose to look and I agree. So you know the opportunity is there. Why were these people not discriminated against? That's where your argument hits a dead end. You just defeated the concept of racism that really matters all by yourself. See there don't you feel better. Haha, of course you don't. It's so much fun to make people squirm about shit that we both know is bullshit. Happy Trolling!!

Marcus,

Do you really believe that racism is holding the country back? I don't believe you do. If you're even semi educated you're aware of socioeconomics. You're aware that affects everyone. The underlying tone of all your posts are that some whites are racists. Admittedly you say it in the most polite way you can, but its an ignorant theme. The truth about successful or hard working people, is that they hate every fucking human being that doesn't put out a similar effort to succeed in the society that shows no mercy to them either. And thats not a white thing or a racist thing. So we'll gloss over those 'racists' because well they're not.

The real problem in America is intellectual laziness. Everyone that complains about some injustice in this country is typically searching externally for the answer to the problem, never even considering their own contribution to the dilemma. Both of my parents died when I was young, I was essentially a foster kid. I appreciate the help I received from everyone. I lived with what seems like every imaginable type of person you could think of politically speaking. I was never around any group of people long enough to develop a hard stance on any one ideology. With that said, I'm going to attempt to explain this to you. I have indeed met racist people before. I can tell you right now, these are not people of power, influence, intellect, or prestige. Even if they were nice to you, you would recognize rather quickly these are not people you would associate with anyway. Whether they were racist or not, they would have absolutely nothing to do with your life by your very own choice. They are not out there in great numbers or with a loud voice. If they weren't complaining about your race, they would find some other direction to misguide their anger. They are the unsolvable type. Now if you want to hang your hat on the fact that changing these people's view of race will somehow advance the black community then be my guest, but your just going to move in circles.

Now if you want to use racism as a motivation to improve your own situation then go for it, but if its used to change other people it won't work. It never will. I personally don't care to even listen to you, generally speaking, because your not ready to have a legit conversation with yourself at that point. In the business world (Donald Trump?) you are either viewed as an asset or your not. Period. Now if the black community wants more jobs, better pay, better benefits, whatever.......then the question should be what do we need to do as a collective to appeal to the world of business as an asset. Pointing out Trailer Park Joe said the n-word gets you nowhere, pointing out how many white people work at a particular business gets you nowhere, making confederate flags a racist symbol gets you nowhere, etc. etc. etc.

You have pointed out in several posts that black professionals are all around us if we choose to look and I agree. So you know the opportunity is there. Why were these people not discriminated against? That's where your argument hits a dead end. You just defeated the concept of racism that really matters all by yourself. See there don't you feel better. Haha, of course you don't. It's so much fun to make people squirm about shit that we both know is bullshit. Happy Trolling!!

Passive aggressive much? You had some valid points. As far as black professionals not being discriminated against by virtue of them being professionals that point of view is slightly convoluted. They might not publicly speak of it but most have to some degree faced discrimination at on point.

The difference between us and the ones that use it as a reason to underachieve is just that. It's stopped some of us it has galavanized more. My point this whole time is all Americans rich, poor, college educated, high school educated, need to examine where race plays a role in society.

The way to do that is examine past and present to obtain mutual understanding for the future. Some people are resistant to that so I challenged their indifference and did so without insulting any of these guys. Some of which have been extremely graceful, even when they've disagreed .

I'll tell you one thing, if this dialog makes people uncomfortable, that's a good thing because it should. It's not a pretty concept. You call my rhetoric trolling and I haven't disrespected or insulted anyone. Isn't that what trolling is all about?

Before this gets out of context. It seems as if race is on the verge of separating this country. Because a lot of us have risen from the ashes of discrimination and racism doesn't mean racism and discrimination do not exist. It means here's a golden opportunity to put it to bed. That's been my central theme this whole time.

A few other chestnuts you assumed I was against or championed.

Never have been and never will be offended by the Confederate Flag. I look at it as a part of history that any American can learn from if they're willing to.

Another side point I've been trying to make is how Americans treat each other on a daily basis is a reflection of how we are represented in Washington. We can't reasonably expect a well functioning government that works for the good of the people when "we the people" are dogging each other out. Race problems are symptomatic of wounds that have yet to heal. It is part of the problem but it's not the whole problem. I've know that all along and have said so if you were really listening. I'll stand up for what I believe in and being called a "troll" isn't going to stop me. If I don't hear from you again Happy Holidays.

Passive aggressive much? You had some valid points. As far as black professionals not being discriminated against by virtue of them being professionals that point of view is slightly convoluted. They might not publicly speak of it but most have to some degree faced discrimination at on point.

The difference between us and the ones that use it as a reason to underachieve is just that. It's stopped some of us it has galavanized more. My point this whole time is all Americans rich, poor, college educated, high school educated, need to examine where race plays a role in society.

The way to do that is examine past and present to obtain mutual understanding for the future. Some people are resistant to that so I challenged their indifference and did so without insulting any of these guys. Some of which have been extremely graceful, even when they've disagreed .

I'll tell you one thing, if this dialog makes people uncomfortable, that's a good thing because it should. It's not a pretty concept. You call my rhetoric trolling and I haven't disrespected or insulted anyone. Isn't that what trolling is all about?

Before this gets out of context. It seems as if race is on the verge of separating this country. Because a lot of us have risen from the ashes of discrimination and racism doesn't mean racism and discrimination do not exist. It means here's a golden opportunity to put it to bed. That's been my central theme this whole time.

A few other chestnuts you assumed I was against or championed.

Never have been and never will be offended by the Confederate Flag. I look at it as a part of history that any American can learn from if they're willing to.

Another side point I've been trying to make is how Americans treat each other on a daily basis is a reflection of how we are represented in Washington. We can't reasonably expect a well functioning government that works for the good of the people when "we the people" are dogging each other out. Race problems are symptomatic of wounds that have yet to heal. It is part of the problem but it's not the whole problem. I've know that all along and have said so if you were really listening. I'll stand up for what I believe in and being called a "troll" isn't going to stop me. If I don't hear from you again Happy Holidays.

Passive aggressive? Hmmm must have been channeling my inner Van Jones.

Anyways I couldn't agree less about self-examination of race relations. It's been done. I could go find clips of black men saying the same shit I'm saying, but there's no point. Color isn't the issue these days, it's just not. If you think people in the trailer parks don't have the same daily struggles as the people in the hood, then you're being silly. If you don't amount to shit, prison becomes retirement no matter where you come from. If you respect yourself others will respect you. There, I'm done reflecting.

Anyways I wasn't intending on saying you championed any chestnuts, they were basic traditional talking points. But did I hear you say even if someone says they weren't discriminated they are full of shit. That's very Quannel Xish don't you think? Well since you speak for all black men, please enlighten me. What kind of "whitelash" does a professional employed black man face on a day to day basis? So can't wait for your answer. Toodles.

So surprising...another Van Jones reference.

Anyways I couldn't agree less about self-examination of race relations.

That's ok. You don't have to agree. Part of the reason I enjoy open forums.

It's been done. I could go find clips of black men saying the same shit I'm saying, but there's no point.

I get it some black men have never been subject to racism and no longer view it as a social "hot topic". Again that's ok and they should be considered blessed.

Color isn't the issue these days, it's just not.

If you think people in the trailer parks don't have the same daily struggles as the people in the hood, then you're being silly.

Never implied this at all. I've seen this very struggle for myself my entire ten year law enforcement career. I was addressing race specific comments made in this thread.

If you don't amount to shit, prison becomes retirement no matter where you come from. If you respect yourself others will respect you. There, I'm done reflecting.

On the same wavelength with you for the most part.

Anyways I wasn't intending on saying you championed any chestnuts, they were basic traditional talking points.

Seemed as if you were implying I was on here speaking against the Confederate Flag. Please excuse the misunderstanding.

But did I hear you say even if someone says they weren't discriminated they are full of shit. That's very Quannel Xish don't you think?

No sir that's not what I said. What I said was most professional black men (I should've articulated that I know) don't publicly speak of discrimination but they do so privately among trusted colleagues and friends.

Well since you speak for all black men, please enlighten me.

I think you are intelligent enough to know I'm not trying to speak for "all" black men.

What kind of "whitelash" does a professional employed black man face on a day to day basis? So can't wait for your answer. Toodles.

You're not taking anything I say seriously so why tell you my story or any other third party experience of mine? Your attitude towards the whole thing show you have no interest outside of "trolling" me. All you need to know is I will stand up for what believe in. Just as I encourage you to. I pray that you find some wisdom and discernment along your way. Be blessed.

So surprising...another Van Jones reference.

Anyways I couldn't agree less about self-examination of race relations.

That's ok. You don't have to agree. Part of the reason I enjoy open forums.

It's been done. I could go find clips of black men saying the same shit I'm saying, but there's no point.

I get it some black men have never been subject to racism and no longer view it as a social "hot topic". Again that's ok and they should be considered blessed.

Color isn't the issue these days, it's just not.

If you think people in the trailer parks don't have the same daily struggles as the people in the hood, then you're being silly.

Never implied this at all. I've seen this very struggle for myself my entire ten year law enforcement career. I was addressing race specific comments made in this thread.

If you don't amount to shit, prison becomes retirement no matter where you come from. If you respect yourself others will respect you. There, I'm done reflecting.

On the same wavelength with you for the most part.

Anyways I wasn't intending on saying you championed any chestnuts, they were basic traditional talking points.

Seemed as if you were implying I was on here speaking against the Confederate Flag. Please excuse the misunderstanding.

But did I hear you say even if someone says they weren't discriminated they are full of shit. That's very Quannel Xish don't you think?

No sir that's not what I said. What I said was most professional black men (I should've articulated that I know) don't publicly speak of discrimination but they do so privately among trusted colleagues and friends.

Well since you speak for all black men, please enlighten me.

I think you are intelligent enough to know I'm not trying to speak for "all" black men.

What kind of "whitelash" does a professional employed black man face on a day to day basis? So can't wait for your answer. Toodles.

You're not taking anything I say seriously so why tell you my story or any other third party experience of mine? Your attitude towards the whole thing show you have no interest outside of "trolling" me. All you need to know is I will stand up for what believe in. Just as I encourage you to. I pray that you find some wisdom and discernment along your way. Be blessed.

No i take you serious. And that's partly the problem. I think you're a person whose above this whole topic, but insist on taking everything to a level of race. Not just this thread. I'm debating you because your the most qualified.

You want to answer the question or not?

Am I being to mean for you? Que Paso?

I'm not hot on the race thing as you think. I do think our country is divided. For many reasons, not just race, there's sexual orientation, there's religion, there's socioeconomic status all of these are proverbial "monkey wrenches" in the machine.

However, to answer your question. The rank of Major is an appointed rank by the Chief of Police at my agency. The Chief before our current one, appointed these positions based on race. He chose a less qualified white candidate over a black candidate and he admitted it was because he needed a "white" Major. This became one of many scandals for that particular Chief of Police who incidentally was black.

I was personally passed up for a position that according to the interview panel I earned hands down. Meaning they all recommended that I get the position. I was passed over in favor of a white female who I had seniority on, a far more impressive service record than her, and a far better geographic and demographic understanding of the precinct.

There was no reason that girl should've been anywhere near that position. Especially when the same interview panel scored her the lowest out of all the candidates.

The Precinct Captain at the time was white. Under his command there were zero black precinct detectives, no black officers on the crime suppression unit and he was not short on qualified candidates. This same Captain earned the nickname "Calvin Candy" and our precinct department wide (black, white, Hispanic,Asian officers alike) was referred to as "Candy Land".

It's a "Django Unchained"movie reference in case you didn't know.

So you see, these are small examples of race being in the way of progress. I have more but these are the most "career specific" examples. I'll be as candid as your interest and attitude allow.

That really is a crock of crap, Marcus. That kind of bigotry and discrimination is garbage.

Of course it happens. The problem is, there are those who use it as

a crutch, when there is no valid need... and those who claim victimhood where they aren't victims. It's a subcultural

gravy train for some. It's too bad, it diffuses the need to be concerned about real racism, which goes both ways.

Sure, it has existed for a long time, we've all come a long way. But obaMao preyed upon the issue like

it was a clue to where a treasure was buried, playing the race card belligerently at every turn, like Higgardly

plays the gender card at every turn, belligerently. It took race relations to a bad place, often - though I suppose,

that bad place is populated by those who are locked into the democrat party anyways.

It's just counter-productive that genuine discussions and progress on this issue gets taken backwards by

reverse discrimination attitudes, and claims like "reparations" because slavery existed a long time ago, or

"knock-out games" etc, and real discrimination and hatred by whites, blacks and anybody else for

"let me be a victim, to justify my hate" garbage.

It's a work in progress - the progress lost traction, and slid backwards a good bit because of obaMao and the rest of

his leftist ilk.

Two things Steve:

1. I think that was Rush Limbaugh's voice on that video posted by Stinkhole. So no I didn't just randomly mention him. Please don't act like that's not a segment he would have on his show.

2. The point I'm making is these two women were sought out in most likely an inner city Detroit neighborhood where those responses are most likely. It's painfully obvious Rush Limbaugh and men of his ilk would not step on a black university or any university for that matter and ask black women students that asinine question. If he did I'd at least respect him for having the courage to defend his predjudices in the face of them being completely and utterly debunked.

Selective interviews happen on both sides of the coin. Bill Maher hunts down the religious nuts making examples of them or only finds those that support a minority opinion about something he wants to shame, like religion. However, there are numerous, very intelligent, well educated theologians that could square off with Maher, point for point. But Maher doesn't bring them on, he doesn't interview them or bring them on his show.

However, the opinions of the uneducated or minority are valid. If that is what a sect believes, then it is valid. However, we should never assume that the absurd is APPLICABLE TO ALL. And that is the problem that we see today. A person with an absurd opinion who speaks for a very small percentage is being given to much credit and the assumption is that it applies to all on that "side".

There are crazy religious people. But not all religious are crazy. There are crazy liberals, but not all are crazy. The same goes for conservatives. My guess is that in the middle, the moderate are the majority, but it seems the "ALT - insert whatever term here" is what people see in the media, talk shows, late night cable TV, etc.,

Marcus

Isn't exactly day to day America, but it'll have to do I guess. I'm not sure how long ago this experience go back?? Now we full well know society has not allowed that policy in public agencies for awhile and I can't argue the validity of that ideology. No one can, but again these are specific experiences to you and there are thousands of black people protesting in the streets.

As my understanding of law enforcement goes, it's a brotherhood. I would kinda expect the buddy system to be present in that environment. You know the whole 'it's not what you know, it's who you know' situation. Happens to white people too, but whatever. If you point out there was a scandal with a police chief then there must have been some proof of guilt and i'm sure he got whatever he deserved since you speak in the past tense about him. Which means society/representatives rejected his ideology correct?? That's justice right??

I personally lived around Lagos, Nigeria off and on for almost 3 years. Some of the nicest people you will ever meet in your life. I've eaten many bowls of fish pepper soup. My boss is Nigerian. I've personally trained many Nigerian people. I credit some of them for teaching me a thing or two about petrophysics as well.

Here's the point, what is blatantly different about Nigerians is that they don't take every criticism as racist and they don't understand why you do. They realize education brings opportunity to them and a large portion of black Americans would consider that racist rhetoric if it comes from white America. It's the easy out. And I would bet the house, that if a professional black person was discriminated against in the hiring process these days it was more to do with the canidate's possible sensitivities to race rather than actually being black. One claim, true or false, of racism can cripple a company. I think we can both see how it creates a risk. There is a chance an idiot somewhere in any company could say some stupid shit right??

Terms like microaggressions scare the shit out of white America and it tells them what the future holds. Like criticism of any sort from us, is racism. Talking about this with you at BLM rally would get my head split open and justified in the media. There is no more tolerance for open discussion or reflection on race in this country. Therefore its not the answer. I can't wait for nanoaggressions to be defined by some goofy SJW Yale professor. That will make things better.

I'm going to tell you straight, black America at this point in the game is responsible for their current situation in many ways. It's getting harder and harder to claim racism. You have a whole generation of 'crackers' that grew up wanting to be like Michael Jordan, trying to freestyle rap on Youtube, incorporating black fashion in the wardrobe, and much much more. They'll be taking positions of power near you really soon. This isn't the 1950s anymore. There is evidence all around you if you choose to see it.

Marcus

Isn't exactly day to day America, but it'll have to do I guess. I'm not sure how long ago this experience go back??

Now we full well know society has not allowed that policy in public agencies for awhile and I can't argue the validity of that ideology. No one can, but again these are specific experiences to you

(I thought this is what you asked me about)

and there are thousands of black people protesting in the streets.

For far different reasons.

As my understanding of law enforcement goes, it's a brotherhood.

To a point. Not all of the time. Is a very "cutthroat" subculture at times.

I would kinda expect the buddy system to be present in that environment. You know the whole 'it's not what you know, it's who you know' situation.

This is part of it as well.

Happens to white people too, but whatever.

Seen it happen to white people. This instance was different.

If you point out there was a scandal with a police chief then there must have been some proof of guilt and i'm sure he got whatever he deserved since you speak in the past tense about him. Which means society/representatives rejected his ideology correct?? That's justice right??

Never said justice wasn't achieved or reached. You asked for instances of discrimination. I shared some with you. To expand on this, the former Chief is currently in Federal Prison for unrelated transgressions. The Captain I spoke of was fired for sexual harassment and proven/documented instances of racial discrimination one of them being the experience I shared with you.

I personally lived around Lagos, Nigeria off and on for almost 3 years. Some of the nicest people you will ever meet in your life.

One of my frat brothers and classmates is Nigerian. He's now a Sociology Professor somewhere abroad.

I've eaten many bowls of fish pepper soup.

Good stuff

My boss is Nigerian. I've personally trained many Nigerian people. I credit some of them for teaching me a thing or two about petrophysics as well.

Here's the point, what is blatantly different about Nigerians is that they don't take every criticism as racist and they don't understand why you do.

I don't take every criticism a racially motivated rhetoric. Even if I wanted to, my life experiences and education tell me otherwise.

They realize education brings opportunity to them and a large portion of black Americans would consider that racist rhetoric if it comes from white America. It's the easy out.

This a similar message I deliver to my children.

And I would bet the house, that if a professional black person was discriminated against in the hiring process these days it was more to do with the canidate's possible sensitivities to race rather than actually being black.

Don't have any statistics but would be an awesome sociological study. I wish I had the time to research it.

One claim, true or false, of racism can cripple a company. I think we can both see how it creates a risk. There is a chance an idiot somewhere in any company could say some stupid shit right??

If there weren't a chance of that, I doubt I'd be in my profession.

Terms like microaggressions scare the shit out of white America and it tells them what the future holds. Like criticism of any sort from us, is racism.

Not how I view criticism but too many do.

Talking about this with you at BLM rally would get my head split open and justified in the media.

Sadly this is true. Black people have long way to go and the longer we wait to advance as a culture the further behind the 8 ball we'll be.

There is no more tolerance for open discussion or reflection on race in this country.

I've seldom seen anyone with the patience for it, on either side.

Therefore its not the answer.

Don't give up. Have faith.

I can't wait for nanoaggressions to be defined by some goofy SJW Yale professor. That will make things better.

I'm going to tell you straight, black America at this point in the game is responsible for their current situation in many ways.

Never denied this. Again we have a long way to go and to get there we need a strong understanding of where we've been, and where we are so we can figure out where we are going.

It's getting harder and harder to claim racism.

About as hard as it should be to be racist.

You have a whole generation of 'crackers' that grew up wanting to be like Michael Jordan, trying to freestyle rap on Youtube, incorporating black fashion in the wardrobe, and much much more.

Went to school with them. Some of them are my closest friends that I love like they were my blood relatives.

They'll be taking positions of power near you really soon. This isn't the 1950s anymore. There is evidence all around you if you choose to see it.

I'm determined to be a part of that. We'll get there (all of us). I have faith that God has blessed our generation with wisdom and discernment and that a brighter future is on the horizon.

Archived