THE BROWNS BOARD

GOP introduces plan to massively cut Social Security

jbluhm86

johnson is one knucklehead. I call bs. One guy does not equal the entire GOP.

too bad jblew it when he refused to generalize like this with obaMao and the dems.

johnson is one knucklehead. I call bs. One guy does not equal the entire GOP.

too bad jblew it when he refused to generalize like this with obaMao and the dems.

How do you still not get after all this time, this is what your party has been trying to do for decades. Wall st has a huge boner for ss, because its another slush fund for them to bet with. Here...http://www.ncpssm.org/EntitledtoKnow/entryid/2151/what-if-your-social-security-was-riding-the-wall-street-roller-coaster-too

You're entitled to think democrats are mentally deranged but at leadt give them credit for resisting this as long as they have. On the other hand though both sides are responsible for dipping their greedy fucking paws in the cookie jar.

Remember how gore was ridiculed by the republicans for the whole "lock box" thing? Well that was just his way of saying he's gonna close off ss from getting raided to pay for other shit..

So who believes that means testing is a good idea to help make Social Security solvent?

WSS

It might be necessary but I hate to see another broken promise by the government. People who have paid into social security all their lives were promised a return on their investment without any mention of means testing.

It might be necessary but I hate to see another broken promise by the government. People who have paid into social security all their lives were promised a return on their investment without any mention of means testing.

I don't doubt most people would be grandfathered in but I'd certainly prefer being allowed to opt out.

Government waste guarantees a meager return on what should be an investment.

WSS

And some things just have outlived their usefulness. In fact taxpayer-funded teachers unions which encouraged retirement at age 50 and a pension for the next 40 years. That's one reason unions are falling apart all over the country.

WSS

I agree but still hate to see promises made from the government and not kept. Any changes should be grandfathered in but many times aren't.

In the bible it puts me in mind of Jabob working for Laban for an agreed paid price and Laban changing the rules at the end of the game....or a team on the goal line and the goal line gets moved back. Set up an agreement and honor it or your word will mean nothing which is what has happened to the word of our own government in failing to live up to it's promises.

When I was under PERS retirement after 10 years I got a letter that my healthcare was provided at retirement on the completion of my 10 years. Years later I got another letter from PERS that they changed their rules and the letter I got from them with promised healthcare was now worthless and I went to zero health cared provided.

Was the promise too good to get the health benefits after 10 years. Yes but they are the ones who offered that deal to me. I imagine they saved a lot of costs by reneging on their promised benefits and some yahoos that came up with the idea probably got honored at a banquet and given a bonus. But all they did was cheat people out of what was promised to them.

In the bible it puts me in mind of Jabob working for Laban for an agreed paid price and Laban changing the rules at the end of the game....

Si you understand then just how long these jews have been up to their joo ways right? I mean when even jews get pissed off with other joos it should tell you something. And 3 major religions bade their theology on these 3000 year old cool joo stories from the desert

Si you understand then just how long these jews have been up to their joo ways right? I mean when even jews get pissed off with other joos it should tell you something. And 3 major religions bade their theology on these 3000 year old cool joo stories from the desert

Cleve,Cleve,Cleve,Cleve....where do I begin. You give no credit to one of the great things of the bible...it doesn't try and hide the faults of it's heroes (not speaking of Laban who is only shown to be dishonest) but others even like King David...the message being even with our faults God can work through His people...even in the New Testament it doesn't hide the faults of Peter but lays it all out the good and the bad...

Yeah but you have no problem beleiving these old joos about their god, who btw was their "god of war" during the 300 yr siege of canaan. Then they turned him into some pseudo benevolent ngr afterward. Its all make beleive. I beleive in higher realms of consciousness and some higher order we eventually have to answer to, but these base & crass myths that monkeys in human suits came up with im done with.

And continually adhering to these myths is whats kept the human race from ascending.

Archived