THE BROWNS BOARD

RB Darius Jackson Claimed off Waivers from Dallas

Tour2ma

Rookie out of Eastern Michigan.

Big (6' & 220) and fast, very fast... ran 4.38 and 4.41 at his Pro day. Check out his Vertical and Broad Jumps to boot...

Dates: 03/18/16@Michigan
Height: 6000
Weight: 220
40 Yrd Dash: 4.40
20 Yrd Dash: 2.51
10 Yrd Dash: 1.56

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 41
Broad Jump: 11'01"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.29
3-Cone Drill: 6.87
40 Time Range: 4.38-4.41

The Cleveland Browns have claimed RB Darius Jackson via waivers from Dallas. To make room on the roster, the team waived LB Corey Lemoniericon-article-link.gif.

Jackson is a 6-0, 220 pound rookie out of Eastern Michigan. Originally selected by Dallas in the sixth round, he was inactive for all 13 games this season. Jackson rushed for 1,078 yards and scored 16 touchdowns during his senior season at EMU. He is a native of Sparta, Ill.

Lemonier appeared in eight games this season and logged nine tackles, two sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.

I realize the kid "got Zeke'd" but am in draft mode here...Can't find nothing on the crucial Hand size law on this board? nor a Fumble issue guy nor injury background on this kid? Crow & Duke want facts not whacked..I need more ScoutMaster Time!! Dude can fly for 6ft. 220lbs.

wtf? not that lemonier was killing it but he was like 3rd on the team in sacks without getting a whole lot of playing time. And we cut him for a RB of which we already have two pretty good backs. Help me understand. If there's anything on this team that shows a semblance of competence it's our running game. Calm down i said semblance. But nothings gonna look spectacular behind that O line. I don't understand getting rid of a pass rusher that's been seen around the QB in a year where we don't see alot of pass rushers in orange helmets around opposing QB's. Another head scratcher.

I don't understand getting rid of a pass rusher that's been seen around the QB in a year where we don't see alot of pass rushers in orange helmets around opposing QB's. Another head scratcher.

It's a tipoff. We ARE going to draft Garrett after we tank the last 3 games. ;)

I think Lemonier had a sack Sunday ... surprised we didn't cut Atkinson, we never use him.

Zombo

^^this

Can he block a nose tackle? We could use someone like that...

I read where his pro day #'s do not match the tape on him. Dances behind the LOS type of guy.

I understand, what have we got to lose at this point, try him on for size. He looks good getting off the bus. But why not keep the Lemon guy? Would we even miss Atkinson?

Ray Farmer used to do it a lot - I remember lots of complaints about how he was more worried about the guys numbers 50-53 on the roster than the starting line up.

Now, it seems, our FO has had some moderate success on the OL with Reiter and Cooper. So, that's something.

He does start. But I'm yet to see him do much with any consistency. Maybe I'm missing something but it seemed every time a run got bounced outside because of good play upfront, Lemonier was the one who couldn't make the tackle or funnel it back inside.

He does start. But I'm yet to see him do much with any consistency. Maybe I'm missing something but it seemed every time a run got bounced outside because of good play upfront, Lemonier was the one who couldn't make the tackle or funnel it back inside.

Both are raw as fuck. Our 20 game preseason tryout is almost over.

Zombo

Don't understand cutting Lemonier of all people. He's probably responsible for 20% of our total sacks, LOL.

#3 on the SPARQ score. . .

https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/rb/

Holy Analytics! So boils down everything except what's between his ears... could be the issue.

What does he bring to the table that we don't already have in Duke, Crowe, Winston etc.?

In Winston's case not being perennially on IR is a likely factor...

I swear... Glenn must have photos of Jimmah fucking a ferret... or worse...

#3 on the SPARQ score. . .

https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/rb/

See below.....

Holy Analytics! So boils down everything except what's between his ears... could be the issue.

Yeah, #3, and Zeke Elliot was #41- so big whoop.

I swear... Glenn must have photos of Jimmah fucking a ferret... or worse...

He's like a bad penny.

How many carries has he had for us?

I can only think of one in which he got like one yard, got hit, hurt and fumbled...

Instead of drafting at 2, 4, or 22 we get Darius Jackson an undrafted free agent nobody ever heard of. Meanwhile, Khalil Mack is killing it! He leads the league in sacks while Justin Gilbert is where?

Instead of drafting at 2, 4, or 22 we get Darius Jackson an undrafted free agent nobody ever heard of. Meanwhile, Khalil Mack is killing it! He leads the league in sacks while Justin Gilbert is where?

So, you are opposed to this adminstration picking up a RB on waivers because the past administration whiffed on Mack and Gilbert?

Makes a lot of sense.

Good teams never try to add talent to the bottom of the roster.

Zombo

Good teams never try to add talent to the bottom of the roster.

Zombo

Right.....a complaint that I hear, but dont really understand......heard it a ton last year too(Gip).....

that is.....we spend all our effort adding to the bottom, while ignoring the top/...

and the simple answer/explanation is that, during the season, the primary(only) source for signing talent is the waiver wire. So, it only stands to reason that.....1) we will sign someone who is an unemployed, waiver player......2) once signed, someone will be cut to create a roster spot....and that person will be #50-53 on the roster....

Thats how it works......no superstars available during the season.....so, yeah, we focus only on the bottom....almost exclusively and HOPE that one of those pick ups climbs the ladder.....

exception???.....mid season trades(which rarely happen)......Collins

So Darius Jackson and waiver pickups have what exactly to do with a past draft under different leadership? Was Mack on waivers and I missed it?

Yeah I can't believe we took Jackson over Mack. What were we thinking

Archived