THE BROWNS BOARD

Therapy for Mud....good decisions...

Mudfly

Ok....this is self therapy.....a practice in seeing the good.....and attempt to rid my brain of the evil Browns and their evil bad bad choices.....and try to see the light....

Good decisions.....

This season we ridded ourselves of some terrible players and cancers that were hurting the team....Kruger, Gilbert and the dreaded(and hated) Johnny stupidfuck Football are all gone.....and their buddy jingo mingo too......We really needed this and the FO obliged......addition by subtraction....

I love this Jamie Collins....he's an ass kicker......dude is everywhere, has his head on straight, came from the best team to the worst team without even blinking....and started kicking ass game one.... GREAT move.....

Coach was smart enough to end the Ogbah at OLB experiment and realize he's better as his natural position.....took them longer than Id prefer and hated the back and forth with him.....but, unlike previous regimes, they figured it out and adjusted.....

Boddy Calhoun was a nice pick up and replaces Kwaun....so they fixed another one of their own fuck ups.....which, again, is refreshing....

So....in re to the coaches....Id say they've made some really bad choices, but have been willing to correct many .......examples would be (bad)starting Schobert, but then (good) benching him.....(bad) cutting Cam Johnson, but then (good) resigning and playing him.....(bad)mishandling Ogbah and the back and forth DE OLB thing, but then (good) keeping him at DE......(bad) going and sticking with Erving, but then (good)....oh, never mind......But, Ill keep away from RGIII and game planning all together...

and, much as I dont like Horton or this seasons defense....I do see him at least trying to adjust....doing different things.....rather than stubbornly plodding ahead with the same plan game after game....I think thats half the reason we've seen soooo many stupid plays on offensive...because the coaches are desperate and willing to try anything to get a win....just not enough talent to execute, thats all

And Hue....I think.....is the right type of guy for this pounding the team is taking.....his upbeat positive nature is probably the only glue strong enough to stop an implosion.....kudos to him for not bailing......just hope he can survive it.......

Im disappointed in the performance from most of this seasons picks, but still have hope for C. Coleman, Nassib, Kindred, Higgins and Devalve....maybe even Drango.....lets hope these guys show up next year, ala Kirksey and Shelton......

And, as always with an approaching draft buffet, I do sense an opportunity to gorge ourselves with a heaping plate of talent......(right now, trying hard NOT to be skeptical).....and hitting on some high impact players early....

so....I say GO BROWNS......

Shufflin' off to Buffalo. MHO? Griffin has one game to show vast improvement over that stinko against the Bengals. Tour thinks Hue will stick with him the rest of the season- I'm not so certain if he continues to suck.

Kessler looks like an improvement over our other 3rd round quarterbacks McCoy and Frye, but I still want the Browns assuming the have the #1 pick to take a qb. I won't be too upset if they take Garrett or Allen though. I'm of the opinion you start with a franchise qb. As great as JJ Watt or Suh are- they're not making a defense Super Bowl Caliber by themselves. You need a whole bunch of 1-B or 1-C players to make that work. Denver's D has Miller- and a slew of other very good players.

Looks a lot like a case of "OP... heal thyself."

• Prognosis?The operation seems to have been successful... although it will be touch and go for at least another 15 days, after which rehab begins in earnest.
  • The balance of the Winter should be relatively benign with ample intake of good football, if "when-will-that-be-us" can be kept to a minimum.
  • Spring? Could be touch and go until late April. Hopefully the "ah to WTF?" ratio will allow progress to continue in the interim.
  • Once ~21:00 EST rolls around on 2017 April he should be in the clear... if not, then we're all in trouble...

1.unheard of amount of key injuries...2.New IR rules Suck (1?) 3.Josh Gordon took a dump on Everyone including Roger..Regardless, JT another great year at LT. Pryor has been amazing from previous seasons at WR. JT,Pryor & Collins needs a reason to play here besides Money..WINS!! THAT TAKES A QB at any Cost!!

.....Im disappointed in the performance from most of this seasons picks, but still have hope for C. Coleman, Nassib, Kindred, Higgins and Devalve....maybe even Drango.....lets hope these guys show up next year, ala Kirksey and Shelton......

And, as always with an approaching draft buffet, I do sense an opportunity to gorge ourselves with a heaping plate of talent......(right now, trying hard NOT to be skeptical).....and hitting on some high impact players early....

so....I say GO BROWNS......

Nice to finish on that note in conjunction with the BROWNS fans everywhere's new main interests the 2017 NFL Draft, the sliding Eagles potential top 5 pick and hanging on to that #1 spot!

Woo-hoo only two games left we almost have that baby locked up! :lol:

GO BROWNS, we still love ya'!

To everyone who keeps saying bring in high-priced FA's... How's that Houston quarterback situation this morning?

Point being.. There is no quick fix if the objective is becoming a long-term contender.

Sure, you can throw money at people for a couple years.. but then what? Consider NY's D.. they'll be around for 1-2 seasons at which point their OL could move from being a terrible liability to occasionally useful.. and then when those FA players leave again, the team will be right back where they were before because the FO still can't draft.

To everyone who keeps saying bring in high-priced FA's... How's that Houston quarterback situation this morning?

About the same as the Jets with their high priced FA QB. It's the one position where I'm really reluctant to get a guy in free agency. If a guy is that good, he won't be available. Maybe in trade, but mostly it'll be through the draft.

FA QBs get irresistibly attractive when a team is a "QB away". That was Houston this year, especially after Miller answered their RB prayer. In past years we've seen Chicago go this route with Cutler, Denver go this route with P. Manning.

FA QBs generally mean little otherwise. Most of the movement is shuffling the deck of back-ups and seeing if maybe a starter emerges because his new surroundings (players, system, etc.) consistently bring out something that's only been flashed before. There is a long list of these including more than a few that have shuffled thru our roster.

If you look at the track record it seems that only when a quality starter gets crowded out by an embarrassment of QB riches does it work out. Again P. Manning is the most recent example. The next one may be Romo. Hard pressed to think of a back-up that worked out.

Trade route? Pretty much the same mixed bag. Two positive examples spring to mind, Smith in KC and Brees in NO. But again back-ups? I got nothing...

I'd throw Palmer in there as a trade working out, for the Cards, though he's an example of not working out for the Raiders.

Bradford is probably one that works out, and out of that might come another, Teddy B.

FA QBs get irresistibly attractive when a team is a "QB away". That was Houston this year, especially after Miller answered their RB prayer. In past years we've seen Chicago go this route with Cutler, Denver go this route with P. Manning.

FA QBs generally mean little otherwise. Most of the movement is shuffling the deck of back-ups and seeing if maybe a starter emerges because his new surroundings (players, system, etc.) consistently bring out something that's only been flashed before. There is a long list of these including more than a few that have shuffled thru our roster.

If you look at the track record it seems that only when a quality starter gets crowded out by an embarrassment of QB riches does it work out. Again P. Manning is the most recent example. The next one may be Romo. Hard pressed to think of a back-up that worked out.

Trade route? Pretty much the same mixed bag. Two positive examples spring to mind, Smith in KC and Brees in NO. But again back-ups? I got nothing...

Tour- the above is exactly what scares me about the crowd that's saying "Go for Garropolo". He's not only a backup that's flashed in a couple of games, but there's a bunch of other reasons to be real leery of Bill being willing (at least from reports) to auction off Jimmy to the highest bidder.

Yup... not like Bill hasn't done it before...

For Jimmy to pay off anywhere near like the dollar-slot that was Matt Cassell, then Jimmy will need to fetch the 1st + Bill is spreading around.

Nick Foles is a FA, only signed a one year deal with KC. Certainly an upgrade over RG3, even thought we're not a QB away. I'd definitely consider signing him,nudging McCown to a staff position, keeping Kessler, and drafting a QB.

Nick Foles is a FA, only signed a one year deal with KC. Certainly an upgrade over RG3, even thought we're not a QB away. I'd definitely consider signing him,nudging McCown to a staff position, keeping Kessler, and drafting a QB.

Nick, my original, BrownsBoard, darkhorse QB... Over the Cap shows him under contract thru 2017? But he's shown as being too expensive to keep as a back-up, so is a likely cap casualty. Just can't shake the feeling that at this point he has been ruined.

http://overthecap.com/player/nick-foles/773/

As a whole the 2017 QB FA class is underwhelming. One name near the bottom that is intriguing is Matt Barkley. What I have seen of his current run of Bears' starts shows a good head for the game, but some wildness getting in the way.

McC as a staffer in the QB room, and emergency activation option, makes a lot of sense to me. He is under contract tho for 2017 with a $5mm price tag, so I think he'd have to retire as a first step.

EDIT: ... and the "peasant" thing was a joke... ;)

Nick, my original, BrownsBoard, darkhorse QB... Over the Cap shows him under contract thru 2017? But he's shown as being too expensive to keep as a back-up, so is a likely cap casualty. Just can't shake the feeling that at this point he has been ruined.

http://overthecap.com/player/nick-foles/773/

As a whole the 2017 QB FA class is underwhelming. One name near the bottom that is intriguing is Matt Barkley. What I have seen of his current run of Bears' starts shows a good head for the game, but some wildness getting in the way.

McC as a staffer in the QB room, and emergency activation option, makes a lot of sense to me. He is under contract tho for 2017 with a $5mm price tag, so I think he'd have to retire as a first step.

EDIT: ... and the "peasant" thing was a joke... ;)

No worries, it's an open forum lol. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pompousness

Who knows if Foles is ruined. He wasn't Chip Kelly's guy, and Andy Reid likes Alex Smith better. Foles had that one good year in Philly, so that's why I brought it up.

Point being.. There is no quick fix if the objective is becoming a long-term contender.

Sure, you can throw money at people for a couple years.. but then what? Consider NY's D.. they'll be around for 1-2 seasons at which point their OL could move from being a terrible liability to occasionally useful.. and then when those FA players leave again, the team will be right back where they were before because the FO still can't draft.

Not always. November of 2014, we were 7-4 and the Raiders were 0-11. November 2016, raiders in the playoffs, Browns 0 fer.

2 years and smart picks. Both FA and draft.

Archived