THE BROWNS BOARD

Berlin Christmas Market Terror Attack

bbedward

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/20/world/europe/berlin-attack-christmas-market.html

Nobody talking about this one? 12 people died.

And how about this cucked piece of news? http://www.dw.com/en/pakistani-and-afghan-refugees-fear-backlash-after-berlin-attack/a-36843958

Oh somebody rammed their car into the Berlin Christmas Market and killed a dozen people and injured more - those poor refugees are going to suffer a ton of backlash :(

On the one hand its an incredibly small group of them doing bad shit but on the other hand, you cant invite a group of people into ur society nonchalantly that have these people hidden amongst them.

It's a very large group of them that won't assimilate though, even though it's a small number doing terrorist attacks.

There's also things like the rape crisis in Sweden

Muslim truck drivers are the worst.

ftfy.

Holy shit are they crazy, at least the ones that come over from abroad. Maybe partly because in their countries driving insane is expected and the horn is the most important accessory on the vehicle.

Maybe not just muslims though, just arab drivers in general.

My lebanese godfather is a good example...and I rode in a car with some saudi friends before, last time I ever did that.

ftfy.

Holy shit are they crazy, at least the ones that come over from abroad. Maybe partly because in their countries driving insane is expected and the horn is the most important accessory on the vehicle.

Maybe not just muslims though, just arab drivers in general.

My lebanese godfather is a good example...and I rode in a car with some saudi friends before, last time I ever did that.

FWIW I find american drivers crazy. Started my vacation driving from one end of vegas to the other (McCarron north towards UT) and I swear, in that strip of four or five lane highway there were like 5 or 6 accidents being cleaned up alone. Then on the highways between cities people drive so close behind, cut in front or generally just are dicks.

Still, a stroll in the park compared to most places. I mean, I was happy to drive over there. I'm happy to drive in europe as well. I will never drive in asia. People move from crazy to fucking dangerous.

FWIW I find american drivers crazy. Started my vacation driving from one end of vegas to the other (McCarron north towards UT) and I swear, in that strip of four or five lane highway there were like 5 or 6 accidents being cleaned up alone. Then on the highways between cities people drive so close behind, cut in front or generally just are dicks.

Still, a stroll in the park compared to most places. I mean, I was happy to drive over there. I'm happy to drive in europe as well. I will never drive in asia. People move from crazy to fucking dangerous.

American drivers aren't crazy they're just generally stupid, oblivious, and have zero awareness as to what's going on around them. The asshole level varies a little bit depending on what part of the country you're in, but the stupid level is pretty universal.

I always had 3 categories: The dumbass, the asshole, and the dumb asshole

American drivers aren't crazy they're just generally stupid, oblivious, and have zero awareness as to what's going on around them. The asshole level varies a little bit depending on what part of the country you're in, but the stupid level is pretty universal.

OK, call it stupid, works for me. But I find it bizarre, given that you have drivers ed courses at every school, right? Seems like everyone should have some common sense when it comes to driving. But nope. How stringent are the theory and practical tests?

I lived in Japan off and on for over 8 years and had to get a SOFA (Status of Forces Agreement) Drivers license. Pass a written and drivers test. Japanese go through a very strict school and test to get their license. But afterwards seem to forget everything they learned. Very polite people until they get behind the wheel.

I lived in Japan off and on for over 8 years and had to get a SOFA (Status of Forces Agreement) Drivers license. Pass a written and drivers test. Japanese go through a very strict school and test to get their license. But afterwards seem to forget everything they learned. Very polite people until they get behind the wheel.

See I find that strange, Japan seems like the one place in Asia that would be decent to drive. Not sure why, they just seem to have more in common with western values, honour, respect etc for fellow citizens. Compared to china, for example...

So I had a little look at pass rates for driving tests, and in OH, it seems like it's around 80%:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/pages/data/school-education/drivers-test/drivers-test-passing-rates.html

Contrast to the UK where it's apparently 43%. I think it's probably a bit harder to pass over here...

OK, call it stupid, works for me. But I find it bizarre, given that you have drivers ed courses at every school, right? Seems like everyone should have some common sense when it comes to driving. But nope. How stringent are the theory and practical tests?

In Ohio I don't think driver's education is required unless you're under 18 or maybe 21 (you can get licensed at 16, and drive with a parent in the car at 15 1/2). Driver's ed carries a benefit of lower insurance rates.

Driver's ed courses is basically some old fuck rambling about boring shit like traffic laws and playing videos about people dying in fatal car crashes, then you go out driving a few times with an instructor - the whole purpose of the instructor is to prepare you to pass the actual driving test.

Then you do a vision, written (computer nowadays) test, and a driving test with some BMV dude.

It's all stupidly easy. You drive around the block with the BMV dude. Then you do a parallel parking test with like 5 traffic cones - except if you go to driver's ed they don't teach you how to actually maneuver the car - they literally teach you like - turn wheel half turn until you see this by the back pillar and then turn other way for X seconds.

Plus you know barely anybody anymore knows how to drive a manual transmission - they just coast along paying no attention to anything. Really a good amount of people here probably don't even know how to open their bonnet.

Archived