THE BROWNS BOARD

Nativity scene found in ancient egyptian rock painting..

Clevfan4life

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/5000-year-old-nativity-scene-reportedly-found-in-egypt/ar-BBxv6b3?li=BBnbfcL

And its 5000 years old !!!!! This totally proves.....wait.......5k? Really? Oh boy houston we got a big prob.

Nothingburger. A real stretch to say it is some kind of nativity scene.

Oh god, coming from you that's hilarious OBF hahaha

It's a nothingburger story...I saw something like this in the 80's where they found writings on a stone in South America and they "deciphered" it and the aliens were set to return in 2006....10 years ago...If you want to see some real archeology see what has been dug up already in the Middle East that verify the truthfulness of the bible.

It's a nothingburger story...I saw something like this in the 80's where they found writings on a stone in South America and they "deciphered" it and the aliens were set to return in 2006....10 years ago...If you want to see some real archeology see what has been dug up already in the Middle East that verify the truthfulness of the bible.

Archaeological remains are not necessarily a good measure of verifying whether a religion is valid or not. Many of Islam's holy sites such as the Kaaba or Mo's house are extant, so should we take that as a sign that we should pray to Mecca 7 times a day and wrap our women up in black burlap bags? What about the remains of the Temple at Uppsala, a holy site in Norse religions; should we go around performing blood eagle's on people in Thor's honor and to prevent ice giants from roaming the land?

Archaeological remains are not necessarily a good measure of verifying whether a religion is valid or not. Many of Islam's holy sites such as the Kaaba or Mo's house are extant, so should we take that as a sign that we should pray to Mecca 7 times a day and wrap our women up in black burlap bags? What about the remains of the Temple at Uppsala, a holy site in Norse religions; should we go around performing blood eagle's on people in Thor's honor and to prevent ice giants from roaming the land?

Here is where Christians, me being one myself, so I feel I have a right to comment, is that Christians focus way to much on proving the "Bible". Christians have elevated a collection of writings to that of Christ himself and that belief in the "Bible" is also necessary for one to be a Christian.

But ask this question. Where, in the Bible, does it say that one must believe in the Bible the way that so many Christians do today. The Bible is also silent on its own inerrancy and infallibility. How can we fully trust a compilation of letters put together by the Roman Catholic Church that also murdered those that wrote or said anything contrary to what they felt should be in the cannon.

Also, Martin Luther argued that some of the books, should be left out and not included, specifically, Hebrews, James, 1,2 & 3rd John and Revelation (I might have missed a couple). The actual cannon was still hotly debated.

Jesus Christ said himself that no one comes to the father, but through him. But today, Christians also hold that one must also believe in "The Bible" as if it were also another part of the Trinity (Also, another Catholic Tradition not once spoke of by Christ or needed for Christianity to exist but is some how now part of Orthodoxy and can't be debated).

Ask yourself another question, if the Bible, is so important, what did the first century Christians do? Most only had access to some letters and many were probably illiterate and couldn't read or write.

My point is that many Christians suffer from and espouse Bibliolatry. Christians make the Bible say and mean things that it was never meant to say or do, nor EVER spoken of by Christ. If Christians would focus their energy on the actual hope of the Gospel and the life of Christ, and put away petty arguments, how much more could be done?

The importance of the word:

Jesus is called the word (John 1:1). The grass withers the flowers fade but the word of God endures forever (Isa. 40:8). When Jesus was tempted by satan he used the word of God against him. Jesus said man does not live by bread alone but by every word from God. The bible is that word. Before we had the written word the early Christians had the spoken word but it was still the word of God. And they went forth and preached everywhere (preached what? the word of God) and signs followed the preaching of the word of God. We are saved by faith. faith in what? The word of God. God says it and we believe it. God says in His word how to be saved and without the word nobody would know the way of salvation.

In Romans the Apostle Paul lays out God's plan for salvation and note the importance of the word:

Romans 10:8-17:

But what does it say?“The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

10For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.

13For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”14How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,Who bring glad tidings of good things!”16But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says,Lord, who has believed our report?” 17So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Does he rub you under the chin and say good boy now go bring me more souls to feed on......i mean souls to save in the name of jesus thats right what was i saying

How it works. I was not raised a Christian I had a Christian in the Navy who planted some seeds in my life about the Christian faith. It was 5 years after I got out of the Navy and I kinda hit bottom I got the bible out he gave me and started reading it for real. Best decision I ever made.

The old testament counts again?

Who said it didn't?

You must be referring to some of the passages that speak only to the Jews who were alive at the time that particular book was written. Well of course those don't apply today unless you are thousands of years old and were liberated from being a slave in Egypt.

Archived