THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 Free Agents

darren15

In the past, you could always pull up the Free Agent Tracker on ESPN.com. Now though, it seems that they have either discontinued the practice of tracking FAs....or they now want you to pay for the privilege of looking at the same stuff that a dozen other sites give for free. Greedy bastards:

http://insider.espn.com/nfl/freeagency/

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:

Jonathan Hankins DT age 25

Dontari Poe DT age 27

Donta Hightower OLB age 27

Maurice Claiborne CB age 27

TJ McDonald CB age 26

Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28

Bradley McDougal S age 26

I still wish we would make a run at Hightower. I know Williams can find a way to get him on the field.

I don't see him as MLB in a 4-3 and he's not a good pass defender.

While Gregg probably "can find a way to get him on the field," I'm looking for players that Williams has discipline himself to get them sideline time to catch their breath.

From Walter Football...the following are the best FAs still out there that could fit the Browns needs...both position and age:

Jonathan Hankins DT age 25

Dontari Poe DT age 27

Donta Hightower OLB age 27

Maurice Claiborne CB age 27

TJ McDonald CB age 26

Isa Abdul Quddus S age 28

Bradley McDougal S age 26

Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.

Going to be anger if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I thoughthink for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.

from what i have seen & read. Poe is just to big & un-Mobile to fit in Williams defense..Lets see if some members agree..it's a good question. Poe visited Colts than headed to Falcons. It seems most FA's have either used desperate teams or high $ cap teams to set their value dollar than run to a team that gives them the better chance to win

When guys go unsigned for this long, what is the impetus that gets them signed? Are they just still in negotiations at the moment? Or are they just banking on a lightbulb to go off in a random GM's head? Or are there cuts coming up? What am I missing?

Going to be angeru if Hightower goes to Shitsburg. I though for sure Poe was going to be here 1st of free agency, and he is still a free agent. So not to sure what's going on with that.

Stools are never major players in FA. Considering LB on tag, new money for AB, and Ben....Yeah, they ain't signing anyone of note.

Browns have enough cap room to sign both Poe and Hightower. See the front 7 of:

Ogbah/Shelton/Poe/Garrett

Hightower/Kirksey/Collins.

Oldest guy would be what....27/28 years old?

from what i have seen & read. Poe is just to big & un-Mobile to fit in Williams defense..Lets see if some members agree..it's a good question. Poe visited Colts than headed to Falcons. It seems most FA's have either used desperate teams or high $ cap teams to set their value dollar than run to a team that gives them the better chance to win

If that is the case with Poe....then I would not be surprised at all to see a DT drafted high that would fit Williams mode.

Who would be surprised if the Browns took Allen over Garrett? If not that...Browns could take a DT as early as #33.

Pretty sure we have a little more room... ;)

I think we only need to keep $10mm or so in reserve for our draft signees.

EDIT: I was a little low. As our picks stand now, our reserve is roughly $14mm. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

And spotrac's cap tracker has our cap space at $63.6mm. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Hightower signs a smaller contract than Collins, winning does make everything better.

Yup...

$43.5mm over 4 years with 19 guaranteed ain't bad though...

Neither did I.

Marcus Martin ...seems to be a "backup OG/OC" Well, at least now, yes there will be depth...and maybe competition at that spot.

Poe to ATL on a one-year deal.

And Lacy to Seahawks... with a weight-based bonus clause.

I thought perhaps Poe could be a candidate to come to the Browns because with the potential switch to the 4-3 Browns WILL NEED another good DT to go with Shelton. But someone says he is not a fit for the Greg Williams system.

Ta Da!!^^I will give you 2 names Mud.Mark Dominick ESPon's & Bucky Brooks NFL.com^^ "Gregg Williams NT's must be mobile in his system & Poe is not a fit at his size" was reported after Poe's release. I can only report what was reported sir (Poe's 346lbs. & A.Donald 285lbs.) regardless,what looks like a Hog Molly, is still A Hog Molly. it's better when Molly's not looking at you

Ta Da!!^^I will give you 2 names Mud.Mark Dominick ESPon's & Bucky Brooks NFL.com^^ "Gregg Williams NT's must be mobile in his system & Poe is not a fit at his size" was reported after Poe's release. I can only report what was reported sir (Poe's 346lbs. & A.Donald 285lbs.) regardless,what looks like a Hog Molly, is still A Hog Molly. it's better when Molly's not looking at you

Then where does that leave Danny?

Pretty sure Gregg can utilize one immovable object over/shading the Center... just not a 2nd at the same time.

Also though Poe was pretty "mobile" for his size.

Pretty sure Gregg can utilize one immovable object over/shading the Center... just not a 2nd at the same time.

+1

And the Ravens utilized two pretty effectively

could not agree here more T. I find it interesting with the G.Williams statement of "all I got to do is get my hands on the kid once to determine if the kid has got play maker skills in him" From what I saw, I would think the senior bowl he coached had some good ones that fits his plans..tick tock

Tony Jefferson, S: Jefferson rebuffed the Browns’ overtures and signed with the Ravensinstead.

And now we know why...

Tony Jefferson: Picked Ravens after trying on uniforms via Madden

"I am a guy of swagger, so I gotta check the swag at all points before I make a decision," Jefferson told NFL.com this week. "I put myself in different uniforms on Madden to see what will look better. Ravens did look good, though."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18973078/tony-jefferson-picked-baltimore-ravens-madden-uniform-experiment

Guess no one told him our mascot's name...

Archived