THE BROWNS BOARD

Best Dark Horse 2017 Draft

TexasAg1969

Who would you like to see the Browns "steal" from round 3 on if still on the board?

My top pick is D'Onta Foreman big RB from Texas. We need a fast power back like this who is the closest Texas has gotten to Ricky or Earl in years. 2100+ yds this year on a crappy team.

Who would you like to see the Browns "steal" from round 3 on if still on the board?

My top pick is D'Onta Foreman big RB from Texas. We need a fast power back like this who is the closest Texas has gotten to Ricky or Earl in years. 2100+ yds this year on a crappy team.

Yeah, I think we could use a modern day Pete Johnson for short yardage and goal line situations here Aggies...

As for steals, I wouldn't mind a QB like Mahomes or Mason Rudoph in a mid-late round especially after we trade for Jimmy Garroppolo.

The pronunciations alone are intriguing. Who's that QB? That's Ma Son or Ma Homies...

S

Just read a mock that had the Browns selecting McCaffrey at pick 52, 4 picks after Foreman was selected by the Vikings as AP's replacement.

I guess he isn't a dark horse for everyone.

Sheee. Don't tell anyone.

Hometown WR-Zay Jones-ECU...22 catches 1 game(ncaa D1 record)..D1 Single Season Receptions record-158..D1 Career leader in receptions-399...in 4 seasons,did not miss a game 49...399 receptions....4279 yards...23 TD's...6'1" 197 lbs. with huge hands that can flat out fly & break some ankles...Gordon who?

no way Mccaffrey lasts that late. He's mid 1st round at best and late 1st round "very" early 2nd round at worst. He's going to be one of the best utility backs in the NFL in a couple years. Oh good god I just considered what if he does last late in the 1st and fucking Belichick takes him? mother fucker....he'll put him all over the place. Backfield on long downs, slot in short ydge....kid would be "sick" in Belichicks system.

Hometown WR-Zay Jones-ECU...22 catches 1 game(ncaa D1 record)..D1 Single Season Receptions record-158..D1 Career leader in receptions-399...in 4 seasons,did not miss a game 49...399 receptions....4279 yards...23 TD's...6'1" 197 lbs. with huge hands that can flat out fly & break some ankles...Gordon who?

Nice pick. Drafttek.com has him going mid-3rd rd.

You never know....it could be Chad Kelly QB

Beat me to it. I wouldn't mind taking a flier on him late.

Depending on how much his stock drops, I also wouldn't mind taking Jake Butt and stashing him on IR if need be. Not sure if he qualifies for a dark horse but I'm intrigued.

Sprinkle, the dumb dumb out of Arkansas would have been a decent name here but after his little shopping spree, I'm not so sure. I haven't heard much on the subject since though.

Met his old man, former Cowboys LB Robert Jones, at dinner one night, here in Austin. Had a great talk. Super nice dude. As soon as he said he played for the Cowboys, I said "I liked you up to that point." But we talked about Zay ... and so I've followed him a bit this year. Kid looks like a player.

John.R, let's grab a beer. I went to Westlake so I've been following Levi and I played against Cayleb.

Hey one of your old Westlake players just won me a bunch of money for taking 5 weeks and second overall for the season in my fantasy league. Thanks to Drew Brees I doubled my money back on the cost to get in. :D

My feeling is it is Chad Kelly. Had he not been hurt, he would be high on every list. We will be coaching the south at the Senior Bowl. They tend to even up the rosters, so Kelly might somehow be placed on the north roster, but I hope not. I hope Hue gets a good look at the kid.

My feeling is it is Chad Kelly. Had he not been hurt, he would be high on every list. We will be coaching the south at the Senior Bowl. They tend to even up the rosters, so Kelly might somehow be placed on the north roster, but I hope not. I hope Hue gets a good look at the kid.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2016/12/05/ole-miss-qb-chad-kelly-added-senior-bowl-roster/95017416/

Kelly won't be able to participate. He might show up and talk to the coaches. That should be interesting. The kid comes across as being dumber than dog shit.

Archived