THE BROWNS BOARD

Bowl Games Today

Flugel

There should be some goodies to watch in the 3 games on ESPN today.

1) Goodyear Cotton Bowl featuring Western Michigan Vrs Wisconsin at 1 pm ET. I'm not sure where he's projected but JJ Wattshisname's younger brother puts together a nice edge rush from his OLB position in the games I've seen him in to date.

2) Rose Bowl featuring Penn State vrs USC at 5 pm ET. 2 teams that really heated up as the year went on. Also 2 programs with histories of being NFL meat markets. Even in down years, PSU had an instinctive LBer like Sean Lee offering NFL teams a gem that can cover or defend the run extremely well. Both schools have quite a LBer and RB tradition.

3) Allstate Sugar Bowl featuring Auburn vrs Oklahoma at 8:30 pm ET. Westbrook is a damn good WR but he looks like he'll need to get a little stronger for defenses that will want to press cover his skinny frame. He also already has 1 concussion suffered vrs Oklahoma State. Someone in our current FO seems to like Auburn. I don't know if Mayfield will be a good Pro QB but he's pretty exciting at the college setting. Speaking of RB traditions, Oklahoma has sent RBs like Greg Pruitt, Billy Sims and Adrian's Peter's-son onto the NFL.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff Flugel ... remember when we use to do those huge posts and analysis on each Bowl game, dissecting prospects down to what they ate for pre-game meals? Haha. No one really bothers anymore because there are bigger problems in-house than talent.

There should be some goodies to watch in the 3 games on ESPN today.

1) Goodyear Cotton Bowl featuring Western Michigan Vrs Wisconsin at 1 pm ET. I'm not sure where he's projected but JJ Wattshisname's younger brother puts together a nice edge rush from his OLB position in the games I've seen him in to date.

I won some cake betting against Western Michigan in their last game verse Ohio U.

OU almost beat them outright. Wisconsin ought to destroy them.

I won some cake betting against Western Michigan in their last game verse Ohio U.

OU almost beat them outright. Wisconsin ought to destroy them.

Oklahoma -2.5 (-110)

Penn State +7.5 (-110)
Wisconsin -8 (-110)
Florida -2.5 (-115)
There are the picks for the day... we will see how that goes.

Well here's what's left in 2017 last call today for the BIG TEN.....

Outback PrimeSport Jan. 2 1 p.m. Tampa, Fla. Florida vs. Iowa

Cotton PrimeSport Jan. 2 1 p.m. Arlington, Texas Western Mich. vs. Wisconsin

Rose PrimeSport Jan. 2 5 p.m. Pasadena, Calif. Penn State vs. USC

Sugar PrimeSport Jan. 2 8:30 p.m. New Orleans, La. Auburn vs. Oklahoma

CFP National Championship

PrimeSport Jan. 9 TBD Tampa, Fla. Peach Winner vs. Fiesta Winner

And yes I'm still shamelessly plugging my Alma Mater YSU in their quest for their 5th National Championship in 7 final visits to the D1-AA Championship Game.

Jan.7, 2017 on ESPN2 and I believe at noon from Frisco, Texas

James Madison vs YOUNGSTOWN STATE UNIVERSITY

GO PENGUINS!

Bowl games are now completely superfluous really....unless you are a fan of that school or work for the bowl committee. I was in San Antonio.....and nobody gave one shit really about the fact that the Alamo Bowl was being played there, except perhaps the hoteliers renting rooms.

Bowl games are now completely superfluous really....unless you are a fan of that school or work for the bowl committee. I was in San Antonio.....and nobody gave one shit really about the fact that the Alamo Bowl was being played there, except perhaps the hoteliers renting rooms.

Or someone who likes watching football and also might like allotting some capital on a football game. :-)

Or someone who likes watching football and also might like allotting some capital on a football game. :-)

Yea, but the thrill is gone somewhat with the playoff system.

And, with a lot of top prospects now skipping their bowl games you see how their importance has diminished....even to the players themselves.

No thoughts on Florida and Iowa in the whateversponsorsnamehere bowl?

Good job by you. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Mark. Our former Offensive Line Coach (Kirk Ferentz) is in charge of attracting 17-18 year old recruits full of testosterone to the cornfields of Iowa which doesn't seem quite as easy as the great/warm weather and tons of hotties Florida offers kids..

We have Gator Done vrs Git-R-Done.

The last time Florida lost the SEC Championship they went on to lose their Bowl Game against Michigan. SEC Championship losers only want to play the 3rd or 4th best team in the Big 10? Apparently so when we factor in how far down the pecking order Iowa was this year. Way to challenge yourself Florida.

This has the potential to be a good game but Bowl season can be pretty unpredictable sometimes...

1-0-1 So far. Thanks to a missed PAT late by Western Michigan. Penn State needs to pull their head out of their ass soon or this one could get ugly.

I know. Penn State has to stop turning the ball over. PSU's backup WR was the target in both of the INTs.

I know some of our fans are watching USC's talented Corner Adoree-able Jackson today.

I have some people that give me bets from over there one gave me Florida in football the other some team called Siena(?) in basketball. Just had both in a multiple so lost on the basketball shite, Florida won easy

Winning lots of Cake on these Bowl Games betting against the Big Ten .... kids will get lunchables this week!

5d7c580fe97b3fcbeaebac90e734faec.jpg

LOL! God bless ya. I can hear you know "Happy New Year brats! Dad won lots of cake today so you kids don't have to beat up Steeler fans to eat lunch this week.."

I know some of our fans are watching USC's talented Corner Adoree-able Jackson today.

Guilty, maybe even at #12. CBS had him falling on board & we need 1 starting CB if not 2

Adoree-Bowl Jackson has looked as good as advertised Gumby.

Only knock on him is his size. I've seen how fast he is when he has the ball in his hands but can he cover the big WRs play after play in the NFL.

Shitty start, but he has come from behind to beat OSU, Wisconsin and just about everybody else on their schedule. Don't count him out yet.

Zombo

You McSorely's agent? He's rolling now

Only knock on him is his size. I've seen how fast he is when he has the ball in his hands but can he cover the big WRs play after play in the NFL.

Iowa's Desmond King looks more like that press corner when you need him to be.more physical. Adoree plays off like we have seen far to many times. In the NFL. Advantage to the Thicker Burger King from Iowa..(maybe)

Archived