THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. spy agencies detail Russia’s role in boosting Trump

jbluhm86

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

Office of the Director of National Intellegence

Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections

Key Judgments

Russian efforts to influence the 2016 US presidential election represent the most recent expression of Moscow’s longstanding desire to undermine the US-led liberal democratic order, but these activities demonstrated a significant escalation in directness, level of activity, and scope of effort compared to previous operations.

We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election. Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump. We
have high confidence in these judgment

• We also assess Putin and the Russian Government aspired to help President-elect Trump’s election chances when possible by discrediting Secretary Clinton and publicly contrasting her unfavorably to him. All three agencies agree with this judgment. CIA and FBI have high confidence in this judgment; NSA has moderate confidence.

• Moscow’s approach evolved over the course of the campaign based on Russia’s understanding of the electoral prospects of the two main candidates. When it appeared to Moscow that Secretary Clinton was likely to win the election, the Russian influence campaign began to focus more on undermining her future presidency

• Further information has come to light since Election Day that, when combined with Russian behavior since early November 2016, increases our confidence in our assessments of Russian motivations and goals.

Moscow’s influence campaign followed a Russian messaging strategy that blends covert intelligence operations—such as cyber activity—with overt efforts by Russian Government agencies, state-funded media, third-party intermediaries, and paid social media users or “trolls.” Russia, like its Soviet predecessor, has a history of conducting covert influence campaigns focused on US presidential elections that have used intelligence officers and agents and press placements to disparage candidates perceived as hostile to the Kremlin.

• Russia’s intelligence services conducted cyber operations against targets associated with the 2016 US
    presidential election, including targets associated with both major US political parties.

• We assess with high confidence that Russian military intelligence (General Staff Main Intelligence
    Directorate or GRU) used the Guccifer 2.0 persona and DCLeaks.com to release US victim data obtained in cyber operations publicly and in exclusives to media outlets and relayed material to WikiLeaks.

• Russian intelligence obtained and maintained access to elements of multiple US state or local electoral boards. DHS assesses that the types of systems Russian actors targeted or compromised were not involved in vote tallying.

• Russia’s state-run propaganda machine contributed to the influence campaign by serving as a platform for Kremlin messaging to Russian and international audiences.

We assess Moscow will apply lessons learned from its Putin-ordered campaign aimed at the US presidential election to future influence efforts worldwide, including against US allies and their election processes.

• Russia’s intelligence services conducted cyber operations against targets associated with the 2016 US

presidential election, including targets associated with both major US political parties.

​***************************************

So, these intel services proclaim russia did it to help trump, but one of their "details" is that the russians

did it to both partyies.

"really, now..."

meanwhile, their claims are not supported by facts. Nothin. So, the head of the FBI cleared clinton. "GOOD".

Then the FBI admitted she was guilty. "BAD"

Then the FBI dropped the investigation..."GOOD"

then he reopened it "BAD"

"THE GOV HAS NO BUSINESS INTERFERING IN OUR ELECTION" "GOOD"

then the intel services whoever it is, come forward to denigrate and undermine the legitimacy of

Trump's wiin, and now "OUR GOV INTEL SERVICES SAY RUSSIANS HELPED TRUMP "GOOD"

liberal leftwing marxist flippity-flippety.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/08/democrats-wage-anti-trump-offensive-for-their-own-gain/

innocent until proven guilty. The intel people are interfering with the president they didn't want,

because they want a bigger big brother gov.

fook the ones who are doing it. They lost agents because of clinton's unsecured server etc.

but they still want their giant big gov windfall.

Lol

It's relative. Hey Die Hard cue the Hillary beauty shot portfolio.

:D

WSS

Difference being you guys have to doctor photos of herbor some gotcha moment where she wasnt explicitly posing for a photo. His picture is s set piece, he's posing forbthat photo and even someone that doesnt know who he is can see the fat pucker face of an orangutan on bp meds (water retention face)

Difference being you guys have to doctor photos of herbor some gotcha moment where she wasnt explicitly posing for a photo. His picture is s set piece, he's posing forbthat photo and even someone that doesnt know who he is can see the fat pucker face of an orangutan on bp meds (water retention face)

Okay then post the photos of her that you jack off to.

Unless those are actually posters of...

WSS

It's pretty sad when Lindsey Graham and John McCain are the ones making sense of the Russian hacking issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3gY5QgF3VA

SEN. LINDSEY GRAHAM: Here's the deal for me. I think he's worried that inquiring into what Russia did in the election is going to undermine his credibility and his legitimacy. Quite frankly, I haven't heard any democrat at all of prominence say that we doubt that Donald Trump won. Putin is not the reason that Clinton lost and Trump won. I don't think anybody's saying that, so Mr. President-elect, that's not what we're trying to do. What we're trying to do is find out what the Russians did in our elections and make sure that other people, including the Russians won't do it next time. No doubt in my mind that Russians interfered, that John Podesta's emails were hacked by the Russians and not some 14-year-old kid or 300-pound guy and that the DNC was compromised by the Russians and it seems pretty clear that Wikileaks got it from the Russians. It didn't affect the outcome, but they tried to affect our elections. He'll be the defender of the free world pretty soon. In a couple of weeks Donald Trump will be the defender of the free world, you should let everybody know in America, republicans and democrats that you should make Russia pay a price and they need to pay a price for trying to interfere, even though it didn't affect the outcome, they tried to interfere and they need to pay a price, and I don't care what their motives were.

CHUCK TODD: Why do you think he continues to question intelligence on this?

GRAHAM: I think he's worried about it undermining --

TODD: You think it's personal?

GRAHAM: Because he said it's time to move on. Remember when he was asked about, maybe on New Year's Eve, 'let's just get on with our lives.' Here's my retort to that. Our lives are built around the idea that we're free people, that we go to the ballot box and we have political contests outside of foreign interference. You can't go on with your life as a democracy when a foreign entity is trying to compromise the election process.

So, Mr. President-elect, it is very important that you show leadership here. Let me say this. If, after having been briefed by our intelligence leaders, Donald Trump is still unsure as to what the Russians did that would be incredibly unnerving to me because the evidence is overwhelming. All I'm asking him is to acknowledge that Russia interfered and push back. It could be Iran next time. It could be China. It was democrats today, and it could be republicans in the next election.

LINDSEY GRAHAM: “To my Republican friends who are gleeful, you’re making a huge mistake. When when Wikileaks released information during the Bush years about the Iraq War that was embarrassing to the administration, that put our troops at risk most Democrats condemned it, some celebrated it. Most Republicans are condemning what Russia did and to those who are gleeful it you’re a political hack. You’re not a Republican and you’re not a patriot...When one party is compromised all of us are compromised."

Archived