THE BROWNS BOARD

browns chargers game 2017

LBC mike

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So looks like the chargers are moving to LA. They will play in Carson til the stadium is complete. That stadium is 8 miles from my house. Sweet.

Losers - the loyal fans for 56 years.

Winners - the brand new super loge seat owners and obviously YOU. :)

I'm sure there are other winners and losers but just off hand after reading more on this those stuck out to me.

Next up - the Las Vegas RAIDERS, and please don't tell me they aren't going to LA LA Land too....or did AL Davis just rise up from the dead? He's great at screwing over the fans and multi-leagues for his personal benefit if you also count the Oakland A's.

Totally sucks for Chargers fans.

Grand scheme of things, even though we love our teams, we are rooting for corporations.

Jerry Jones & Bob Kraft were the big backers of the LA stadium project. They, as will the other 30 owners, will profit big time. The fans, waaay down the pecking order.

Carson? Whats in Carson? I thought they would be playing in the Coliseum.

They're apparently going to be playing at the StubHub center where the LA Galaxy (MLS) team plays. It holds about 30k people but I'd imagine tickets will be pretty easy to get since no one in LA seems to be happy about this team moving up the freeway.

Totally sucks for Chargers fans.

Grand scheme of things, even though we love our teams, we are rooting for corporations.

Jerry Jones & Bob Kraft were the big backers of the LA stadium project. They, as will the other 30 owners, will profit big time. The fans, waaay down the pecking order.

Again....I guess I am wondering about that: How is going to LA going to make the NFL....and its other owners make all that much more profit? How is having a team in a city that is almost completely non-supportive an economic boon?

Nationally I do not see where the Chargers will be any more attractive in LA than they were in SD.

I mean, is it JUST stadium loge money?

And with the Rams there that honey pot would have to be seriously divided.

Will having half sold loges and half filled seats be all that remunerative.

I guess the financial benefit of this move has to be explained to me, as I don't really see it.

Though, there is one thing that I think will happen: The Chargers stadium will be half or more filled with the fans of the visiting teams.

When the Browns play there next year, I expect the place to be overwhelmed by Browns fans. Same with when the Broncos/Chiefs/Steelers/Patriots etc. etc. etc. go there. The place will be taken over.

Fair to say?

They're apparently going to be playing at the StubHub center where the LA Galaxy (MLS) team plays. It holds about 30k people but I'd imagine tickets will be pretty easy to get since no one in LA seems to be happy about this team moving up the freeway.

30K? Hell, that is the same capacity as Akron U's stadium. A MAC school.

Are you going to be able to get us tickets if we all do that tailgate there? Depending on the timing I am going to seriously consider it, as I do have a SoCal trip as one of my "bucket list" destinations.

30K? Hell, that is the same capacity as Akron U's stadium. A MAC school.

Are you going to be able to get us tickets if we all do that tailgate there? Depending on the timing I am going to seriously consider it, as I do have a SoCal trip as one of my "bucket list" destinations.

I have no idea on how available tickets will be. I would imagine there should be plenty of them since no one in LA wants the Chargers there anyways. No clue on the tailgate situation at that stadium. But depending on when it is, I would consider going to the game if a large group is coming out.

I see that it sits like between Long Beach and Compton. Is that a rough area? Not that it would deter me from going. Just curious.

I am interested. Lets see what the rest of the crew thinks. Pretty much any part of the fall could likely work....except, of course, at Christmas time. Which of course is when they will probably schedule it.

(though, maybe not because they usually schedule interdivision games the last 3 weeks)

It is so moronic for them to move to LA.. The market will be saturated with the Rams back there. No one in LA cares about the rams and especially wont care about the chargers. There were so many other markets that would have been so much more profitable. Las Vegas, San Antonio, anywhere but Los Angeles

It is so moronic for them to move to LA.. The market will be saturated with the Rams back there. No one in LA cares about the rams and especially wont care about the chargers. There were so many other markets that would have been so much more profitable. Las Vegas, San Antonio, anywhere but Los Angeles

Raiders will be moving to Vegas. So that is not open. But, yes, I do think San Antonio would have been better.

A far more avid football fan base. Between SA and Austin it is a Top 10-15 market.

It has a ready made, very functional stadium....that would likely be easily filled.

And an area that would likely bend over backward to build a new stadium.

Again....I guess I am wondering about that: How is going to LA going to make the NFL....and its other owners make all that much more profit? How is having a team in a city that is almost completely non-supportive an economic boon?

Nationally I do not see where the Chargers will be any more attractive in LA than they were in SD.

I mean, is it JUST stadium loge money?

And with the Rams there that honey pot would have to be seriously divided.

Will having half sold loges and half filled seats be all that remunerative.

I guess the financial benefit of this move has to be explained to me, as I don't really see it.

Though, there is one thing that I think will happen: The Chargers stadium will be half or more filled with the fans of the visiting teams.

When the Browns play there next year, I expect the place to be overwhelmed by Browns fans. Same with when the Broncos/Chiefs/Steelers/Patriots etc. etc. etc. go there. The place will be taken over.

Fair to say?

I read somewhere, might have been on profootballtalk.com, that this LA stadium thing is similar to Jerry Jones' place, but on a larger scale (hard to believe).

The NFL will gain by having FOX Sports headquarters there, hosting Super Bowls, NCAA events, maybe the draft, and so on.

I think the ticket money we fans generate is just frosting on the cake for these guys. The TV revenue seems more important, that's why these owners want the Thursday games, even though it's generally a lousy product.

Raiders will be moving to Vegas. So that is not open. But, yes, I do think San Antonio would have been better.

A far more avid football fan base. Between SA and Austin it is a Top 10-15 market.

It has a ready made, very functional stadium....that would likely be easily filled.

And an area that would likely bend over backward to build a new stadium.

...and Jerry opposes it. He doesn't want anymore competition for the NFL dollar in Texas, that's why a San Antonio team won't happen on his watch.

I read somewhere, might have been on profootballtalk.com, that this LA stadium thing is similar to Jerry Jones' place, but on a larger scale (hard to believe).

The NFL will gain by having FOX Sports headquarters there, hosting Super Bowls, NCAA events, maybe the draft, and so on.

I think the ticket money we fans generate is just frosting on the cake for these guys. The TV revenue seems more important, that's why these owners want the Thursday games, even though it's generally a lousy product.

I don't see how the NFL gains from NCAA tournaments, etc. That would be the owner of the stadium that benefits.

I don't know, maybe the Chargers are right to go into only a 30K stadium. That may be about all the interest they engender.

Boo fucking hoo. And of course corporatist ESPN is going to run a puff piece on how sad this move is.

Reality? Spanos is a greedy bastard who doesn't care about anything especially the viability/perception of the NFL. As George Carlin famously said, it's a club and you ain't in it.. and they don't care about you.

Are the Chargers correct? FUCK NO. The entire notion of a team is its city - without that, the team is literally nothing. Thought experiment: What, exactly, is the current Browns organization without Cleveland? Because Haslam doesn't get to take it with him.. that's Cleveland's.

I say let Spanos and his rent-a-team fail for however long it takes. He'll come crawling back and be told to sit down, shut up, and pay for a stadium renovation out of his own revenue sharing deal.

And if he doesn't, GOOD FOR SAN DIEGO. I live in a town (suburb of Boston) that happily and correctly told the Olympics to go pound sand because the economics weren't a good deal for the taxpayers.

Ultimately this is not really a commentary on the NFL as an institution --- it's a commentary on the laughable absurdity of public cost / private profit enterprises, and the continuing revolt against the economic policies of the 1% who own each individual business.

SD isn''t that far from LA... so the die hard's still have a team.

As for me attending our trip to LA... not in the cards for 2017.

SD isn''t that far from LA... so the die hard's still have a team.

If the Browns moved to Columbus today to play in a soccer stadium while they had a football stadium built and changed their logo before you woke up this morning to reflect Columbus ... you'd have thousands of people dumping their now useless Cleveland Browns gear in front of the offices in Berea and and half the board saying "I'm Out!"

Zombo

If the Browns moved to Columbus today to play in a soccer stadium while they had a football stadium built and changed their logo before you woke up this morning to reflect Columbus ... you'd have thousands of people dumping their now useless Cleveland Browns gear in front of the offices in Berea and and half the board saying "I'm Out!"

Zombo

The Chargers have changed the logo too? Did not see that. Why would they do that ? (other, obviously than to change SD ot LA)

There was nothing wrong with their logo that it needed changing....unless they want back to the original like 1960 LA Chargers logo.

5dylj4wilsumiuzgg9ef7b9v2.gif

Archived