THE BROWNS BOARD

#AlternativeFacts

Tour2ma

Just for the record I saw press secretary on TV and the actual quote was that he claimed with this evaluation it was the most viewed of any in history and he even said that included all the various types of streaming and social media. So there's no reason that should be considered untrue. I'm not surprised that the fake news media has been circling the wagons or that the better left has been misrepresenting the quote but it's nothing new.

WSS

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we did have two candidates with All Time Low approval ratings. One of them was successful.

C'est La Vie mon frere.

WSS

And the comedians loved it!

And one had to win even by one vote plus Hillary would have packed the place with Dems and WOMEN and you can bet on that.....but her reign is over.

Didn't say he was kidding. He was talking like he was telling a story, recalling the events. Not saying it as a fact. If a flock of birds fly pass and you say there must have been a hundred birds in that flock I'm not taking you as literally counted all of the birds. Get it?

Oh for fuck sake did u process the quote? Read the part about wash monument? He wasn't kidding nor was he giving an honest mistake. By the time he hit the CIA he knew how many people were there and he was salty about the lib media mocking the disparity between his and obamas inauguration. He should have just let it go

Why does the media even make anything out of it? Be a they have nothing. So they find anything they can to put down and smear the right.

Why does the media talk about how the whitehouse press office (and Trump himself) are just blatantly lying to everybody about easily disprovable things? Gee I can't think of a reason.

It's the duty of the press/media in a democratic society to hold politicians to account. Now you can argue about which media entity is biased in which direction all you like but this is the kind of thing all media entities should be doing.

If they're so blasé about lying even on relatively trivial things - and sure, the amount of people who showed up affects nothing - why would we believe them on things there's actually incentive to lie about? Economic growth, illegal immigration numbers, climate issues, gun violence, the important things.

I'm trying to be contrary here or whatever, it seems like you genuinely don't understand why this is a big deal and I'm trying to help explain, from my perspective, why it is a big deal.

Spicer: This was the largest audience to ever witness an inaugurationperiodboth in person and around the globe.

When someone says "period" that is a way of trying, in fact, to say that what they are saying is an unequivocal truth. Not a story, not a generalization, not an allegory. A fact. In this case, an alternative fact that is easily disproven.

The smart thing to do would've been to say: "Hey we get it. This shows how divided our nation is. We are going to get to work, earn the trust of the American people and in four years you will see the largest inauguration attendance in history."

Spicer: This was the largest audience to ever witness an inaugurationperiodboth in person and around the globe.

When someone says "period" that is a way of trying, in fact, to say that what they are saying is an unequivocal truth. Not a story, not a generalization, not an allegory. A fact. In this case, an alternative fact that is easily disproven.

Both in person and around the globe. Keyword both.

Is it a little bit of a spin to use the word viewership? Maybe. Is it a demonstrable lie? Not at all.

WSS

Is it a little bit of a spin to use the word viewership? Maybe. Is it a demonstrable lie? Not at all.

WSS

Both means he's talking about two numbers, not the sum.

WSS

What is easily demonstrable is that it was not the largest in person or in US viewership. That makes it highly unlikely that it was the highest the largest viewership in the world.

What is easily demonstrable is that it was not the largest in person or in US viewership. That makes it highly unlikely that it was the highest the largest viewership in the world.

Wrong. The in-person attendance? Yep that's demonstrable. The online and social media viewership? The worst you can say is unsubstantiated.

WSS

PS I almost had the laugh out loud watching MSNBC as the pundits at the Round Table told us how much is them that the president wants to spend so much time arguing about the size of the inauguration when all they want to do, as a dedicated journalist that they are, is discuss policy.

These people have talked about almost nothing else for the last couple days.

WSS

Wrong. The in-person attendance? Yep that's demonstrable. The online and social media viewership? The worst you can say is unsubstantiated.

WSS

That's right, I forgot about online and social media. Still, if the in-person and TV viewership was lower than everything else, it is still more likely that the viewership in other formats was less, too.

That's right, I forgot about online and social media. Still, if the in-person and TV viewership was lower than everything else, it is still more likely that the viewership in other formats was less, too.

Not really. I gave you the in person point. The online and social media has skyrocketed over the last four and especially eight years.

WSS

Archived