THE BROWNS BOARD

Ben Roethlisberger Considering Retirement from Raping

Osiris

a part of me feels bad if we are never to give him a few ass whoopins for once in our lives.. another part of me feels like this is exactly what the browns need to get their damn feet in the door of the AFC north.

I wouldn't worry about it. He will be back for more ass whoopings. I noted elsewhere that he is not a agile/mobile as he once was. Their OL under Munchak has really done a good job of protecting him....but, they may not be able to do it as well in the future. So, yes, he could be more vulnerable.

Why speculate what he might or might not do ? Didn't the NFL learn anything from the times Brett Favre was speculated to retire, and went on 3 more yrs. So stop worrying about what he might do. If he does, then he will announce it, so until then, forget the rumors or thinking the possibility of him retiring.

Agree... just very tired and disappointed talk after an abrupt end to his season.

Ben is still playing at a very high level, his highest by some measures, and he has something like 64mm reasons to push on for another three years.

If he breaks his contract by retiring I have a feeling he would pay back some of his signing bonus.

Yes he would, unless he has a clause that says otherwise, which would be extremely doubtful.

Bitch ain't retiring.

Zombo

The 31 million signing bonus is fully guaranteed and already in Bens bank account. When a player signs with a team in the NFL he is looking for the largest signing bonus possible because they are guaranteed in case of injury. The 31 million signing bonus is the only real number right now. Youre right on salary because that is only paid if youre on the roster.I suppose the Steelers could try to go after some of Bens signing bonus depending on how his contract is structured.

Missed the "signing" part, but still wonder if there is a clawback clause if he voluntarily leaves... as opposed to a retirement forced by injury.

Ben Roethlisberger signed a 4 year contract extension with the Steelers on March 13, 2015. Details of the contract are based primarily on a report by Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. According to Bouchette, Roethlisberger received a $31 million signing bonus. The first three years of the contract are guaranteed for injury which is where the reported $65 million in guarantees comes from. $9 million in escalators are available in the final two contract years. The new contract saved the Steelers about $1.15 million in 2015 cap space.

Regardless... what I was referring to were the balance of the $65mm in "guarantees" which he would leave on the table.

Ben could plead that he is too injured to continue and that the Steelers are to blame.

He has taken a pounding due to poor drafting.

Poor drafting?.. Have you watched DeCastro and Villanueva lately?

This year, but the past few years Ben had taken a beating. He was still injured this season.

Also, BR is one of the best at shaking off people and avoiding sacks.

The "shaking off" often entails taking hits. That as much as anything may have taken its toll on him.

And of course, Ghoolie brought this up before anyone.

You just did not. Hundreds if not thousands of people have begun to ask if a 35 year old QB who has taken a beating will consider retirement, and he's not even going to retire this year.

Let me guess, you also think Tom Brady may retire soon too right? Can you tell me the lottery numbers while you're at it, that foresight is stuff of legends!

Ben could plead that he is too injured to continue and that the Steelers are to blame. He has taken a pounding due to poor drafting.

Perhaps claim that it's hurt his sex life?

You just did not. Hundreds if not thousands of people have begun to ask if a 35 year old QB who has taken a beating will consider retirement, and he's not even going to retire this year.

Let me guess, you also think Tom Brady may retire soon too right? Can you tell me the lottery numbers while you're at it, that foresight is stuff of legends!

lol... "Ghoulstrodamus"...

It's only a matter of time before Ben Rothlisberger and Joe Flacco retire... only a matter of time. When that time comes, they had better be ready to sustain 10+ years of being taken to school by the Browns and Bengals.

It's only a matter of time before Ben Rothlisberger and Joe Flacco retire... only a matter of time. When that time comes, they had better be ready to sustain 10+ years of being taken to school by the Browns and Bengals.

Flacco isn't that old. He is 32. But he has not taken the pounding that BR has taken in his career I don't believe. He never did the "extend the play" think that BR has done. He could have longevity into his late 30s. BR may have another 2 years, imo.

The 29-yo Opie is going to drive an AFCN bus?

Flacco isn't that old. He is 32. But he has not taken the pounding that BR has taken in his career I don't believe. He never did the "extend the play" think that BR has done. He could have longevity into his late 30s. BR may have another 2 years, imo.

Ben hardly gets touched anymore. He mentioned retirement as a message to the rest of the team and the front office. He will certainly play out the rest of his contract and I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign another. Ben can be dramatic.

Archived