THE BROWNS BOARD

Ben Roethlisberger Considering Retirement from Raping

Osiris

Think this is his last season coming up...

Firstly, the money he would owe significantly goes down.

Likely bell gets tagged, but not likely 2 years on a row. So sign or go, big money.

AB has one more year, and he ain't giving Rooney a hometown discount...

The hitman has one more year as well...

Just don't see him playing till he's 38...This next year is their best shot at one more before the current teams construction becomes cost prohibitive.

Good points... Ben's surrounding cast could be very determinative.

There comes an age where even if a QB (or RB or WR) is physically capable, the strain of "the load" weighs more heavily. Having the spreading the load over triplets diminished helps keep each going. Plus winning is fun... and, for those who have not noticed, aside from that Patriot roadblock the Steelers have been winning.

That said... I think the loss of either Bell or Brown would still bring Ben back one more year be it this or 2018. The Steelers have had a pretty good track record of reloading the WR and RB positions... especially WR... Coates notwithstanding. I think that promise would be enough for Ben to hang one more season for a look-see.

Ben hardly gets touched anymore. He mentioned retirement as a message to the rest of the team and the front office. He will certainly play out the rest of his contract and I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign another. Ben can be dramatic.

I said that the Munchak coached OL has been a salve for him.

And dramatic?

He thinks he is a Mexican Soap Opera star.

Dropped passes accounted for 119 lost yards in the Pats game.

Walking off that field I woulda said "fuck this, I quit" if I were Ben.

More like, "Either Coates goes or I go."

Can't play in this league if you can't haul in over-the-shoulder throws. That early shot on 3rd and short was a tone setter. The later one in the endzone was your death knell.

Is this a lot like the limp he has a tendency to invent immediately after throwing an INT?

Now he's throwing teammates not being good enough and coaches under the bus? Where was all this concern the entire time he celebrated/enjoyed hearing about the 3 B's? I've seen better QBs restructure their contracts in the past so their TEAM could add the missing ingredients within the salary cap.

Take a look at what QB is #2 on the list in the link http://www.bankrate.com/lifestyle/celebrity-money/the-10-highest-paid-players-in-the-nfl/#slide=1

More like, "Either Coates goes or I go."

Can't play in this league if you can't haul in over-the-shoulder throws. That early shot on 3rd and short was a tone setter. The later one in the endzone was your death knell.

The other WR that dropped a pass or 2 was #83.

Of all people, Ben Rapen should know they've treated him pretty good over the years in terms of what they drafted at WR.

Meanwhile, if Jessie James brings enough speed/power to his collision with a DB - that could have been a TD/point differential that could have changed their chances to remain in the game. I saw a mock draft that places TE OJ Howard on Pitt's door step and I can't tell you how much I hate that. Not only that; but they'll probably get M. Bryant back from suspension to lessen their need for guys that can't make big plays.

Meanwhile, if Jessie James brings enough speed/power to his collision with a DB - that could have been a TD/point differential that could have changed their chances to remain in the game.

Or maybe run a QB sneak with one of the league's bigger QBs a couple feet away from paydirt?

Archived