THE BROWNS BOARD

Post Prospect Film Here

wargograw

Getting tired of looking up tape on youtube and just getting 1:30 of the same 3 big plays shown from 4 different angles and edited with fireworks coming out of the ballcarrier's head as the prospect tackles him.

If you see bam bam play after play after play tape on anyone, please post it here.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/davis-webb-vs-utah-2016/

This is a pretty good show of skills for Webb. It's not his best performance but it really shows how he can attack the perimeter and middle of the field aswell as show that his accuracy can be inconsistent at times. He looked much improved in the senior bowl and really benefited from a strong rushing attack. I've contended that he looked better as a pro prospect than as a College Prospect and it really shows on tape when his big chunk plays are deep/intermediate shots rather than goff's screens that went long more often.

Goff looked really good on tape last year but there was something off about his game that I'm not seeing with Webb.

Webb has his flaws surely but he can spin the ball like no one else in this draft class. He occasionally throws like he knows that too though which is why you see the inconsistency. I keep getting told his throwing motion reminds people of bradshaw and to be honest that sounds about right. Webb really loves to throw the deep ball maybe too much to be honest.

I'm actually surprised you guys have not been watching draft breakdown lol. Been watching every QB prospect on there for a couple years at this point.

I look for new sites every year & haven't found this site until Tour posted the link. I'll be on it a lot now.

Mike

Geez, guys... I've only been posting the link for three years running... ;)

Sweet. Tour, say a guy's started for three years and every game is posted there. Which do you watch and how do you decide?

Personally I like to see a win, a loss, an early game, and a late game in the most recent season. There are plenty of schedule sites out there to help pick games.

Sometimes it takes four games to hit them all, but often you get combos, e.g., an early win. I try to gauge growth as well as ability.

Then I at least take a peek at an earlier season... more than a peek if a position change is involved.

As long as I have questions, I keep adding games. Once I think I have a good grasp on a player... time to move on.

How much time I spend on a given cutdown depends on the competition level. If for example an OL is killing his opposite, then I tend to not learn much after a while and move on to another game.

Play @ 3:58 against cover 2. I wish Trub would have tried to move the corner a little more as the back had released flat, but that's a great throw before the safety.

On that throw...

• Helmet was pointed straight down-field... great for holding Safeties in the middle;
  • at end of three-step drop from gun his feet turn to target before head does;
  • head turns, ball is gone.

So the question is:

• did he eye cheat to the right during the back-peddle to verify the window, or...
  • did he predetermine the throw?

On that game footage in general... I developed an impression that as space compressed Mitch was markedly less effective. Tried googling Trub's red-zone stats, so I could contrast then against his overall, but came up empty. Anyone have a link?

EDIT: NCAA stats have team stats. NC was 71st in redzone efficiency while 44th in scoring Offense. Not exactly what I had in mind, but best I found in a second glance.

On that throw...

• Helmet was pointed straight down-field... great for holding Safeties in the middle;
  • at end of three-step drop from gun his feet turn to target before head does;
  • head turns, ball is gone.

So the question is:

• did he eye cheat to the right during the back-peddle to verify the window, or...
  • did he predetermine the throw?

On that game footage in general... I developed an impression that as space compressed Mitch was markedly less effective. Tried googling Trub's red-zone stats, so I could contrast then against his overall, but came up empty. Anyone have a link?

EDIT: NCAA stats have team stats. NC was 71st in redzone efficiency while 44th in scoring Offense. Not exactly what I had in mind, but best I found in a second glance.

I made mention quite a while ago that I saw signs of Mitch holding the safety with his eyes. So I did ask myself that same question in this instance. Especially important given that he's throwing to the boundary on a zone 2 beater.

Of course I don't always put redzone scoring directly on the QB. If your Oline is as bad as the impressive I've been given on UNC's then I can't fault a QB who has an even smaller window to throw into when the field shrinks.

I made mention quite a while ago that I saw signs of Mitch holding the safety with his eyes. So I did ask myself that same question in this instance. Especially important given that he's throwing to the boundary on a zone 2 beater.

Of course I don't always put redzone scoring directly on the QB. If your Oline is as bad as the impressive I've been given on UNC's then I can't fault a QB who has an even smaller window to throw into when the field shrinks.

Agree on your red-zone take, but team stats are all I can find... which is weird since PFR includes red-zone stats for QBs, but their sister college site (CFR.com) does not.

The holding of the safety is clear. Question remains: did he sideways "peek", process instantly or predetermine? Two of the three are positive; one is not.

You try cfbstats.com?

I did not... and there it is... thanks.

Name ---------- Team ------ Yr Pos G Att Comp Pct - Yds TD Int - Rate - Lng 1st 15+ 25+

Mitch Trubisky N Carolina JR QB 13- 55 - 29 52.7 - 262 17- 0- 194.75 - 20 -- 16 - 8 -- 0 ---- Redzone: Tie 12th

Mitch Trubisky N Carolina JR QB 13 447 304 68.0 3748 30- 6- 157.91- 75 - 165- 92- 31 --- Overall: 10th

Impressed that although his red-zone Completion Percentage falls... fairly dramatically... no INTs were thrown in the zone. That shows discipline.

Something I have always liked about this site is finding that small school guy that could play against the big school guy. Got lot-ta nasty, refs let'em play too. Just needs some top coaching..Check out LT/RT from Wayne State 6'6" 303..Nate Theaker.. Joe T. may have a son.He can fix'em as a UDFA

Sweet. Tour, say a guy's started for three years and every game is posted there. Which do you watch and how do you decide?

I know tour's already answered, but for me I try to just go find the best opponent available. Watching tape against Johnsville State Junior College isn't as relevant as vs a big ten/SEC/whoever team. But I could well be wrong on that one as well ;)

photo-thumb-244.jpg?_r=1485798830

So how do you set an avatar anyway?

First open a new tab and go to images. Then put in a description of whatever the image is that you want. When these images come up, click on one to bring it up. Then right click over it. You will see where it says "copy image address" Click that and the image address will be saved.

Then Click on your profile. In the upper left hand corner you will see where an avatar will go. Click on where it should say "Change photo". When you do that, a screen will come up with a blank that says "import image from URL" Copy the image address into the space. , then click "import". The new image...if successful, should show up where the photo is to go. Then click "Done" below and your avatar should show up.

Sometimes an error occurs, and you will get a statement that says "image too large" or "cannot import address" or some such thing.

You will then have to go back and select a different image,and go through the stages again until one works.

Sometimes you may have to "adjust crop" the image to get the part of it that you want.

It is really simple once you do it a time or two. As you may have noticed, I sometimes change my avatar every day or so.

Archived