THE BROWNS BOARD

BREAKING! TRUMP’S SCOTUS PICK IS…

OldBrownsFan

Two high-ranking administration sources have confirmed to Independent Journal Review that President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court pick is Colorado Judge Neil Gorsuch.

Gorsuch, who recently traveled to Washington, D.C., was put on Trump’s short list for the appointment after he met with the then-president elect after the 2016 election.

Speaking on background, an administration source instrumental to the SCOTUS selection process tells IJR, “Yes. It is Gorsuch. 100 percent. The Hardiman thing is a head fake.” Thomas Hardiman is the other Judge Trump was considering for the vacancy, who is also in Washington, D.C.

A second source within the Trump administration confirmed IJR’s reporting.

Judge Gorsuch will join the president tonight at the White House at 8 PM for the announcement.

Here’s some reaction from el Twittero – some were reacting to the news last night that it was either Gorsuch or Hardiman:

Matt K. Lewis @mattklewis

Smart GOP source emails me this #scotus take: "Gorsuch is Scalia 2.0...Hardiman has real potential to turn into a Kennedy or even worse."

Sean Davis @seanmdav

Between Gorsuch and Hardiman, Gorsuch is a far superior candidate. Gorsuch's record is exemplary, while Hardiman's is Souter-esque.

The Right Wing M @TheRightWingM

If Trump is looking for a #SCOTUS justice in the likes of Scalia between Gorsuch & Hardiman, Gorsuch is clearly that choice.

yep. He's the real deal. the dems will disgrace themselves if they

go all out to block it.

the reps gave obaMao two of his leftwing picks. the dems are on the verge

of crashing our entire government out of spite of losing an election

'

they thought they had in the bag.

The left nearly had control of the supreme court for many decades with

dishonest, leftwing activists that would ignore the Constitution for

political expediency, creating their own rulings.

They lost it, and they are worse than incensed.

Sotomeyer and whatshername are just as bad as ginsburg.

We really DID save America.

Gorsuch has an incredible record and credentials. He is more than qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice. Now watch some of the lefties go berserk as they try to demonize him.

This is a surprise. Maybe the media got the memo Schumer won't fight this nomination too hard and will wait until Trump nominates a replacement to one of the liberal justices on the Supremes.

Wow! Judge Gorsuch getting YUGE PRAISE from media pundits…

http://therightscoop.com/wow-judge-gorsuch-getting-yuge-praise-from-media-pundits/

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/30/trump-will-announce-supreme-court-pick-tuesday-night/

He's an outstanding pick. Will decide via our Constitution, not what

liberal bias and leftwing political expediency tells them.

nasty peelosi said all sorts of terrible things about him, meaning

he is the perfect American new SCOTUS justice.

Meanwhile:

Former President Barack Obama’s Solicitor General Neal Katyal released a statement that spoke quite highly of Gorsuch and his appointment.

“Judge Gorsuch is one of the most thoughtful and brilliant judges to have served our nation over the last century. As a judge, he has always put aside his personal views to serve the rule of law. To boot, as those of us who have worked with him can attest, he is a wonderfully decent and humane person. I strongly support his nomination to the Supreme Court.”

I don't see anything wrong with this selection. I've mostly positive things about the guy from both sides of the political spectrum which is nearly unheard of these days.

Are some of you allowed to like him if Obama and Hillary did?

I'm just stating that I've heard positive things about the guy. Truth is we won't what he's all about until he starts making decisions. I think just automatically disregarding him because of who nominated him isn't intelligent either.

Archived