THE BROWNS BOARD

I forgive all past Browns players who leave us to advance

paul warfield

Watching Alex Mack play in the Superbowl on a broken leg made me realize it's not always just the money.Many of the players want to get in the playoffs, or probowls or recognition for their exemplary work.

No more sour grapes for me. :)

Watching Alex Mack play in the Superbowl on a broken leg made me realize it's not always just the money.Many of the players want to get in the playoffs, or probowls or recognition for their exemplary work.

While I agree, Mack did make two pro bowls in his time in Cleveland.

He left for a team where he really liked the offense and had played in it previously, who were missing just a center on their OL. It was just a perfect fit for him, while Cleveland was like a cheap suit.

Better late than never...

There have been and always will be mercenaries in the league. Last I checked Albert Haynesworth is still their patron saint. But that was never Alex.

It's natural to feel rejected when a player leaves, but you have to be clear headed about it. Sometimes when they say, "It's not you, it's me," it is the truth.

Thing that bugs me about Mack was how he mailed it in the last year he was here.

Dude was a turnstile, then goes to Atlanta the next year and has a great year.

Kind of taints the years he was here. Ya it sucks to lose all the time, but giving up because you want to move on is acting like a whiny bitch and it screws a lot of people that need the team to play well that year. Ask Pet. Ya he broke his leg the year before, cry me a river.

Guy like Joe Thomas probably doesn't have 30 wins to his career and still plays at the Pro Bowl level every year.

While I agree, Mack did make two pro bowls in his time in Cleveland.

He left for a team where he really liked the offense and had played in it previously, who were missing just a center on their OL. It was just a perfect fit for him, while Cleveland was like a cheap suit.

And the guy that he ran to in Atlanta will now be gone after one year. So, what's he gonna do now?

Thing that bugs me about Mack was how he mailed it in the last year he was here.

Dude was a turnstile, then goes to Atlanta the next year and has a great year.

Kind of taints the years he was here. Ya it sucks to lose all the time, but giving up because you want to move on is acting like a whiny bitch and it screws a lot of people that need the team to play well that year. Ask Pet. Ya he broke his leg the year before, cry me a river.

Guy like Joe Thomas probably doesn't have 30 wins to his career and still plays at the Pro Bowl level every year.

Mack turned back into a turnstile in the 4th quarter yesterday. Don't know if it was the injury, or fatigue, or he was just mailing it in after the big lead was procured....but it happened.

And the guy that he ran to in Atlanta will now be gone after one year. So, what's he gonna do now?

No choice Gip he stays in Atlanta, unless some other team wants to pick up his huge contract. the 49ers could probably afford it, but since he's not a FA, Atlanta could demand draft picks.

Mack was a pro bowler in 2015, the last year he was here.

In a year he was recovering from a terrible leg fracture...

It was a bit of a career-earned reward in 2015, but one he justified in 2016.

he will stay there as he still has a better chance with atlanta than he does here. By the time this shit here learns about what it takes to be a winning franchise, he'd be long retired if he was still here without sniffing the playoffs...

Mack gave up the sack that cost them the field goal that would have sealed the game.

Too bad, great effort playing on broken leg.

But fuck guys that leave the Browns.

Zombo

they should have taken 3 knee downs and kicked the damn fucking field goal from 39 yd out with one of the best kickers this year....game over...dumb strategy...poor shanny, probably his call but should have been overruled by coachie coach....need to learn about situational football...oh well...

they should have taken 3 knee downs and kicked the damn fucking field goal from 39 yd out with one of the best kickers this year....game over...dumb strategy...poor shanny, probably his call but should have been overruled by coachie coach....need to learn about situational football...oh well...

Interesting call on NFL Radio this morning ... Redskin fan said that Shanny did the same thing when he was in Washington and he kept passing after Washington got up 14-0 on Seattle in the playoffs even though they got the lead by running the ball, and they lost. Seems we lost a game to the Colts that way too when he was OC. But that's when Gordon came back and Hoyer was a mess.

Zombo

Interesting call on NFL Radio this morning ... Redskin fan said that Shanny did the same thing when he was in Washington and he kept passing after Washington got up 14-0 on Seattle in the playoffs even though they got the lead by running the ball, and they lost. Seems we lost a game to the Colts that way too when he was OC. But that's when Gordon came back and Hoyer was a mess.

Zombo

i live here in atlanta now for 30 yrs...still a browns fan though...i know i do troll alot, but shit zombo, when are we going to get this fucking crap turned around...i made it through the red right 88 yrs, the elway drive yrs without trolling at all...and those were some difficult times, but i still had heart...i don't now...sick of seeing the same crap yr after yr...bad coaching...terrible draft picks...over the hill future hall of fame free agents...falcons are my second team and you cannot imagine the heartbreak here...the city is like dead......

i live here in atlanta now for 30 yrs...still a browns fan though...i know i do troll alot, but shit zombo, when are we going to get this fucking crap turned around...i made it through the red right 88 yrs, the elway drive yrs without trolling at all...and those were some difficult times, but i still had heart...i don't now...sick of seeing the same crap yr after yr...bad coaching...terrible draft picks...over the hill future hall of fame free agents...falcons are my second team and you cannot imagine the heartbreak here...the city is like dead......

Well obviously I'm not Zombo, but here goes....

The Browns fan base is so beat up from losing, we don't know who to trust. We don't know if we can trust Hue/DePodesta/Sashi, and have serious reservations about Haslam.

Look at it this way, there's nowhere to go but up. They gutted the team for a reason, and only time will tell if that was correct. There are no more high-priced FA on the team (presently).5 draft picks in the first 65. They signed Collins already, and hired a great D coordinator in Greg Williams. Orchard & desmond Bryant should come back next year, healthy. It's not all doom and gloom like some think.

We've waited a long time, yes indeed. 38-106 since 2008. I do think it is turning around, now.

Zombo

Let's face it.....here in Cleveland, when Shanny had no QB and trouble at other offensive positions, he did just about fuck all for the Browns offense. Fair to say.

But, in Atlanta, he had Matt Ryan...an MVP year. He had Freeman and Coleman....outstanding versatile backs. He had Julio Jones, one of the best in the league.

In San Fran, he is going to have what? Squadoosh? Garropolo? Draft a QB with #2?

I don't things will go well immediately for them there.

If they get 3-4 wins...call that lucky.

Well obviously I'm not Zombo, but here goes....

The Browns fan base is so beat up from losing, we don't know who to trust. We don't know if we can trust Hue/DePodesta/Sashi, and have serious reservations about Haslam.

Look at it this way, there's nowhere to go but up. They gutted the team for a reason, and only time will tell if that was correct. There are no more high-priced FA on the team (presently).5 draft picks in the first 65. They signed Collins already, and hired a great D coordinator in Greg Williams. Orchard & desmond Bryant should come back next year, healthy. It's not all doom and gloom like some think.

We've waited a long time, yes indeed. 38-106 since 2008. I do think it is turning around, now.

38-106...yikes....i was going to see what the record was since the comeback but i never got around to it...

Let's face it.....here in Cleveland, when Shanny had no QB and trouble at other offensive positions, he did just about fuck all for the Browns offense. Fair to say.

But, in Atlanta, he had Matt Ryan...an MVP year. He had Freeman and Coleman....outstanding versatile backs. He had Julio Jones, one of the best in the league.

In San Fran, he is going to have what? Squadoosh? Garropolo? Draft a QB with #2?

I don't things will go well immediately for them there.

If they get 3-4 wins...call that lucky.

frisco is pretty bad right now...yeah, they'd be lucky to win 3-4, i agree....

38-106...yikes....i was going to see what the record was since the comeback but i never got around to it...

the trust factor is definetly an issue....i liked the idea of hue until he thought he could resurrect a washed up qb in rg3...so as of now i don't like him...that was a stupid move....rg is skating on very very thin ice with his injury career...honestly, i don't see him in the nfl in the not to distant future...

i live here in atlanta now for 30 yrs...still a browns fan though...i know i do troll alot, but shit zombo, when are we going to get this fucking crap turned around..

TJI_Sipress_EndIsNear.jpg

I think it started this year. A concerted effort to grab as many draft picks and cap space as possible and "go for it".

Hold on to your seat the next couple of years are going to be interesting.

Zombo

Fucking crock of shit.

Boo Hoo.....it's not Hue's fault, Farmer didn't give us talent. THere was talent on both teams that the Browns let go.

Fucking loser franchise. April 27th? The shit turns around? What the fuck has happened that is going to magically transform this shit team? Oh wait, I know, we have Joe Thomas.

We should avoid terrible players like Brady, right?

The 49ers are screwed, Ian Rapaport tweeted. . .

The plan is for new #49ers coach Kyle Shanahan to have control of the 53-man roster, while GM John Lynch has control of other facets.

What other "facets" could they be talking about? Coffee fetcher? Doughnut procurement?

The 49ers are screwed, Ian Rapaport tweeted. . .

The plan is for new #49ers coach Kyle Shanahan to have control of the 53-man roster, while GM John Lynch has control of other facets.

What other "facets" could they be talking about? Coffee fetcher? Doughnut procurement?

Playing yes man to "the owner who cannot be replaced". That is the most F'd up organization in pro sports.

Mike

The 49ers are screwed

just my opinion, but when Shanny was brought back to to SF a week before the SB & before John Lynch was announced. I think the plan was that Shanny would like Atlanta's Asst.GM Scott Pioli to come with him as GM? Scott got KC & now Atl. going with drafted talent. Well, John Lynch was announced the next day after Shanny met with 49'ers owners..

Fucking crock of shit.

Boo Hoo.....it's not Hue's fault, Farmer didn't give us talent. THere was talent on both teams that the Browns let go.

Fucking loser franchise. April 27th? The shit turns around? What the fuck has happened that is going to magically transform this shit team? Oh wait, I know, we have Joe Thomas.

fucking farmer was the worse...worthless gm...but again, it was HUE who wanted rg3. this time it wasn't even haslem involved in that decision..well guess what, we still have no fucking qb...AGAIN...

Fucking crock of shit.

maybe joe can play qb...hey, shit happens...

Archived