THE BROWNS BOARD

I forgive all past Browns players who leave us to advance

paul warfield

The 49ers are screwed, Ian Rapaport tweeted. . .

The plan is for new #49ers coach Kyle Shanahan to have control of the 53-man roster, while GM John Lynch has control of other facets.

What other "facets" could they be talking about? Coffee fetcher? Doughnut procurement?

Start with what does "control of the 53" mean? Whole lotta range of options that can be read into that phrase.

Everything from:

• the minimal control of who the of the 53 is active, starts, etc.;
  • to having control of the above plus all the cuts from the start of TC;
  • to running the draft, FA process to stock a TC with 80+ players, AKA doing it all.

just my opinion, but when Shanny was brought back to to SF a week before the SB & before John Lynch was announced. I think the plan was that Shanny would like Atlanta's Asst.GM Scott Pioli to come with him as GM? Scott got KC & now Atl. going with drafted talent. Well, John Lynch was announced the next day after Shanny met with 49'ers owners..

Yet word was that SF wanted to secure their HC first and he could then pick his GM...

Not sure the timing of Shanny the Younger's 2nd visit and Lynch's hire preclude that.

The 49ers are screwed, Ian Rapaport tweeted. . .

The plan is for new #49ers coach Kyle Shanahan to have control of the 53-man roster, while GM John Lynch has control of other facets.

What other "facets" could they be talking about? Coffee fetcher? Doughnut procurement?

In addition to what tour said there's also running scouting, handling contracts, waiver wiring, practise squad. It's not completely far fetched, it happens in other sports and ensures the head coach doesn't get lumped with guys he didn't want - like Johnny Manziel. I'm pretty sure that's why Kylie insisted on that. You get stuck with a first round QB you don't want, your job is over before it's begun there.

While "control of the 53 man roster" is rather vague, I'm just surprised that the 49ers FO is allowing it to happen with a newbie HC.

Considering how the Chip Kelly experiment ended up, one would think that the idea would go over like a fart in a phone booth.

Fucking crock of shit.

Boo Hoo.....it's not Hue's fault, Farmer didn't give us talent. THere was talent on both teams that the Browns let go.

Fucking loser franchise. April 27th? The shit turns around? What the fuck has happened that is going to magically transform this shit team? Oh wait, I know, we have Joe Thomas.

Well Farmer got sent back to the Farm- he was flat out terrible. In two years managing the draft picked around 4 players that have made an impact- Bitonio (OG), Kirksey (LB), Shelton (DL), and Johnson (RB). Yeah, farmer let a few guys walk that he shouldn't have.

Sashi and DePo's first draft wasn't much to write home about, But we did get Collins from the Patriots- which was a step in the right direction. They have the money to make a play for Trumaine Johnson, one of the top CB free agents. The Browns hit on a few draft picks, we might even win six games this year. only four more to make the playoffs as a wild card.

Well Farmer got sent back to the Farm- he was flat out terrible. In two years managing the draft picked around 4 players that have made an impact- Bitonio (OG), Kirksey (LB), Shelton (DL), and Johnson (RB). Yeah, farmer let a few guys walk that he shouldn't have.

Sashi and DePo's first draft wasn't much to write home about, But we did get Collins from the Patriots- which was a step in the right direction. They have the money to make a play for Trumaine Johnson, one of the top CB free agents. The Browns hit on a few draft picks, we might even win six games this year. only four more to make the playoffs as a wild card.

And we don't know how good Coleman, the other Coleman, Ogbah, Nassib, Kindred, the other Receivers, Drango, etc. may yet become.

Mediocre results from them so far, but they were all just rookies. So, the jury is still out.

Archived