THE BROWNS BOARD

WATCH: Middle school kid gets beat up on the bus, then SUSPENDED for wearing Trump hat

OldBrownsFan

"It’s bad enough the kid was beat up for wearing the famous Trump hat. But to be suspended on top of that just seems wrong.

Sometimes I just have to wonder what has become of our country, where a kid can’t even wear a political hat to school without getting beat up by other kids. It just shows how Godless our nation has become."

http://therightscoop.com/watch-middle-school-kid-gets-beat-up-on-the-bus-then-suspended-for-wearing-trump-hat/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the kids got suspended obf. It was a mutual shitfest the kid engaged in but ended up apparently losing the fight. If he had won the fight the outcome would be no different. They suspended everyone involved "as it should be".

The disingenuous nature of ur post suggests the kid got beat up for "only" wearing the hat and then got suspended. The facts are it was a political argument the kid had a hand in escalating. If only he had been suspended than there might be a point to this story, but thats not what happened so this selectively fake news story can die

All the kids got suspended obf. It was a mutual shitfest the kid engaged in but ended up apparently losing the fight. If he had won the fight the outcome would be no different. They suspended everyone involved "as it should be".

The disingenuous nature of ur post suggests the kid got beat up for "only" wearing the hat and then got suspended. The facts are it was a political argument the kid had a hand in escalating. If only he had been suspended than there might be a point to this story, but thats not what happened so this selectively fake news story can die

This is why it is dangerous to digest news from websites that call themselves "therightscoop." They are telegraphing in their very URL that they have an agenda.

I don't know if all the kids were suspended or not. It says all the kids "faced consequences" whatever that means however the video from Fox says only one kid got suspended the kid with the MAGA hat.

This is why it is dangerous to digest news from websites that call themselves "therightscoop." They are telegraphing in their very URL that they have an agenda.

That is not the real problem. The real problem are the ones who are biased as can be and try to say with a straight face they don't have a liberal agenda aka NY times, CNN come to mind.

Also and this might surprise you, the Right Scoop are not Trump supporters but were part of the Never Trump movement although now that Trump has come through with nominating a constitutional judge I see many starting to get behind Trump.

That is not the real problem. The real problem are the ones who are biased as can be and try to say with a straight face they don't have a liberal agenda aka NY times, CNN come to mind.

Also and this might surprise you, the Right Scoop are not Trump supporters but were part of the Never Trump movement although now that Trump has come through with nominating a constitutional judge I see many starting to get behind Trump.

I am pretty sure every news outlet has an agenda. Some take it further than others and are willing to compromise journalistic integrity more than others.

http://www.kmov.com/story/34424524/middle-school-student-attacked-on-bus-for-wearing-make-america-great-again-hat

Monday morning, [Parkway School District] issued the following statement regarding the incident:

"On Wednesday, February 1, three students got into an argument on an after-school activity bus at Parkway West Middle School over a hat worn by one of the students. Two of the students got into a physical altercation with both students striking each other in the face. The third student videotaped a portion of the incident, verbally escalated the confrontation and posted it online. The entire incident was captured on internal video cameras on the school bus, which was used by the school to conduct a full investigation and gather all the facts.

As a result, all three students have received suspensions in accordance with Parkway’s student discipline policy. Upon completion of suspensions, the three students will participate in a restorative mediation process to help learn to resolve their differences in a peaceful and respectful manner.

We regret that this incident occurred as it does not reflect the positive character we expect from our students. We will continue to work together with students, staff and families to ensure all students learn to treat each other with dignity and respect."

I don't know if all the kids were suspended or not. It says all the kids "faced consequences" whatever that means however the video from Fox says only one kid got suspended the kid with the MAGA hat.

Gee whiz, I wonder why news outlets which cater to and receive most of their revenue from mostly right-leaning audiences would fail to mention that all the students involved got punished and make it appear to be that the only person who got suspended was the kid who was wearing the MAGA hat. Oh well, must be an honest mistake. Not at all like those left leaning commies over at CNN...

Its not just CNN and NYT who do it, pal. All news outlets are doing it now, including the right leaning ones, and you know this. Which is why its disappointing that you make this comment yet create a thread claiming that a student was suspended for solely wearing a MAGA hat, without bothering to research it further past "the Right Scoop" and Fox News. The students didn't get suspended for political affiliation, they got suspended for fighting. Most schools today have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to fighting, and will suspend students regardless of the reason why they were fighting in the first place.

This is a perfect example of why America is in the shape that it is today. Instead of actually reporting the news, most MSM outlets today take any story, put there political spin on it, catered to their political viewership and:

giphy.gif

Jbluhm pal I went to many ( as in multiple varied) sites who all said the others "faced consequences" and not reporting they all were suspended so there goes your your theory that right wing sites were leaving this out for an agenda so do some more homework before jumping to conclusions.

office_space_kit_mat-213x325.jpg

Also when it comes to a fight I would think the ones who provoke a fight are more at fault don't ya think?

An angry boy shouted: "You want to build a wall? You want to build a f***ing wall?" before the 12-year-old was beaten up and pushed against the bus windows

Jbluhm pal I went to many ( as in multiple varied) sites who all said the others "faced consequences" and not reporting they all were suspended so there goes your your theory that right wing sites were leaving this out for an agenda so do some more homework before jumping to conclusions.

office_space_kit_mat-213x325.jpg

Also when it comes to a fight I would think the ones who provoke a fight are more at fault don't ya think?

An angry boy shouted: "You want to build a wall? You want to build a f***ing wall?" before the 12-year-old was beaten up and pushed against the bus windows

You literally need to follow the link to the original article they are quoting, that's all it takes, in this case and nine times out of ten - just follow the breadcrumbs back to local news which removes most of the spin.

KMOV – A group of middle school students from the Parkway School District got into a fight on a school bus when they started arguing with one student who was wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat.

The KMOV site:

Monday morning, the school district issued the following statement regarding the incident:

On Wednesday, February 1, three students got into an argument on an after-school activity bus at Parkway West Middle School over a hat worn by one of the students. Two of the students got into a physical altercation with both students striking each other in the face. The third student videotaped a portion of the incident, verbally escalated the confrontation and posted it online. The entire incident was captured on internal video cameras on the school bus, which was used by the school to conduct a full investigation and gather all the facts.

As a result,
all three students have received suspensions
in accordance with Parkway’s student discipline policy. Upon completion of suspensions, the three students will participate in a restorative mediation process to help learn to resolve their differences in a peaceful and respectful manner.

Come on, it's' not that taxing.

You literally need to follow the link to the original article they are quoting, that's all it takes, in this case and nine times out of ten - just follow the breadcrumbs back to local news which removes most of the spin.

The KMOV site:

Come on, it's' not that taxing.

So it is not taxing either to go after those who provoke a fight. Wearing a Trump hat or having an opinion of wanting a border wall is not provoking a fight.

Ok so now we're going to parse and pull various fault levels? So an hour ago the kid got beaten up simply for wearing a maga hat and only he got suspended. Now its "well there was an argument and yeah he fought but he didnt start it so he shouldnt get the same punishment". Is that it?

For once can we just say "fake news" and move on? This board sees too many arguments started because one side got called out for a fake news post but then tries to tread water the rest of the day desperately searching for a life raft that makes the story still relevant to their respective narratives. Lets just clip this one in the bud now

Technically it's not fake news - the kid did indeed get beaten up for being a trump fan, and was subsequently suspended.

Chris labels this: Misleading partial truths aimed at perpetuating a victimhood narrative.

"He would have been fine if he had a cap that read 'Black Lives Matter' Or America Stinks or some such But the Commie Left Hates American democracy and freedom of speech unless it is theirs. This is just one more reason for school vouchers and to get your kids out of Public Indoctrination centers laughingly called 'schools'"

"He should have worn a hat that said "cops are pigs". He'd have won some kind of school award, and been sent to DC to meet with democrat members of Congress

This post +100

"I have friends for over 35 years who live near the Parkway School District in western St. Louis County. They were big Trump supporters but had problems with putting Trump signs on their lawn - stolen, graffiti anf shredded.

Perhaps this mother didn't have a similar experience, but my friends who have a son that has an ADHD made certain he never wore Trump paraphernalia for his safety.

If I heard the voices correctly in the background, it was Trump's plans to build a wall at our southern border.

If this was a private school, maybe I would let my child wear such a hat. But not in any public school where those in charge including teachers are most likely supporting the kids that attack this young man.

Sadly, this is the new America where democracy in America is failing. I have never seen an America more divided like today.

Again obf, ur making some unsubstatiated assumptions. Had he wore a blm hat maybe he would have gotten into an argument with another kid, you dont know. See ur still trying to pull a narrative out of this ala some of the other goofballs here, i thought u were above that.

Just some kids that got into a fight, why does a national narrative "HAVE" to be pulled out? We've concluded they all got equal punishment, its done now

"He would have been fine if he had a cap that read 'Black Lives Matter' Or America Stinks or some such But the Commie Left Hates American democracy and freedom of speech unless it is theirs. This is just one more reason for school vouchers and to get your kids out of Public Indoctrination centers laughingly called 'schools'"

"He should have worn a hat that said "cops are pigs". He'd have won some kind of school award, and been sent to DC to meet with democrat members of Congress

CvnZH1T.png

So, I take it that the comment section from "The Right Scoop" was one of the "multiple varied" news sites that you sourced information on this story, correct?

I put quotation marks around them just for your little mind. :D

Ah, apologies, then. I mean, without a link to the comment section where you got those from, nor any mention of names of the posters who created the comments that you used, my "little mind" just assumed that you were just trying to pass off their ideas as your own without giving acknowledgement that they weren't. But, I guess those ambiguous quotation marks made all the difference. How careless of me. :D

No Cleve the kid gets attacked for wearing a Trump hat and he fights back. So why should the kid get attacked for wearing a Trump hat and why should he get suspended for defending himself? Who provoked the fight?

Ah, apologies, then. I mean, without a link to the comment section where you got those from, nor any mention of names of the posters who created the comments that you used, my "little mind" just assumed that you were just trying to pass off their ideas as your own without giving acknowledgement that they weren't. But, I guess those ambiguous quotation marks made all the difference. How careless of me. :D

So we cleared that up that when you put a quotation mark around a remark you are inferring they are not your own. Glad we settled that.

It Is not a hard thing to just say the same thing as the comments but instead I put them in quotation marks.

Yeah u dont have all the facts mate, it was an argument he freely participated in. He was "not" attacked simply for wearing the hat. But you see how the fox presenter said "and guess who got suspended" implying the orher kids didnt. No more complaining about cnn out of u. If ur willing to swallow that load of bs why i should i listen to u when u complain about the msm?

So we cleared that up that when you put a quotation around a remark you are inferring they are not your own. Glad we settled that.

plagiarize:

"- transitive verb: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own; use (another's production) without crediting the source

- intransitive verb: to commit literary theft; present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source".

To be honest, I didn't come up with this on my own; I obtained it from Merriam-Webster:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarize

...but I guess that's overkill to post that, since I used arbitrary quotation marks.

Yeah u dont have all the facts mate, it was an argument he freely participated in. He was "not" attacked simply for wearing the hat. But you see how the fox presenter said "and guess who got suspended" implying the orher kids didnt. No more complaining about cnn out of u. If ur willing to swallow that load of bs why i should i listen to u when u complain about the msm?

I have enough of the facts. If he wasn't wearing a Trump hat then why was he attacked then? And after being attacked why should he get suspended for defending himself? Who instigated the fight? A kid should be able to wear a Trump hat or for that matter an Obama hat and not get assaulted over it.

plagiarize:

"- transitive verb: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own; use (another's production) without crediting the source

- intransitive verb: to commit literary theft; present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source".

To be honest, I didn't come up with this on my own; I obtained it from Merriam-Webster:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarize

...but I guess that's overkill to post that, since I used arbitrary quotation marks.

When I post something someone else said I put them in quotation marks. There is no reason for me to put quotation marks around anything I say. Notice no quotation marks on my post just now. For future reference when you see me put quotation marks around a statement posted it means I am quoting someone else.

When I post something someone else said I put them in quotation marks. There is no reason for me to put quotation marks around anything I say. Notice no quotation marks on my post just now. For future reference when you see me put quotation marks around a statement posted it means I am quoting someone else.

plagiarize:

To be honest, I didn't come up with this on my own; I obtained it from Merriam-Webster:https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarize

Archived