THE BROWNS BOARD

WATCH: Middle school kid gets beat up on the bus, then SUSPENDED for wearing Trump hat

OldBrownsFan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confuciousfan4life? I like that thank you

Your welcome.

Back to this thread though you know there have been assaults all over the country on Trump supporters. In the primary when an anti Trump protestor was assaulted at a Trump rally I took the side of the protestor that nobody should be assaulted because of their political views. The same goes here. A kid should be able to wear a hat and not get assaulted over it. I would take the same stand if it was a kid who was assaulted for wearing an Obama hat.

This post +100

"I have friends for over 35 years who live near the Parkway School District in western St. Louis County. They were big Trump supporters but had problems with putting Trump signs on their lawn - stolen, graffiti anf shredded.

Perhaps this mother didn't have a similar experience, but my friends who have a son that has an ADHD made certain he never wore Trump paraphernalia for his safety.

If I heard the voices correctly in the background, it was Trump's plans to build a wall at our southern border.

If this was a private school, maybe I would let my child wear such a hat. But not in any public school where those in charge including teachers are most likely supporting the kids that attack this young man.

Sadly, this is the new America where democracy in America is failing. I have never seen an America more divided like today.

+1000 The arrogant left is now condoning violence. The instances around the country

are adding up.

Your welcome.

Back to this thread though you know there have been assaults all over the country on Trump supporters. In the primary when an anti Trump protestor was assaulted at a Trump rally I took the side of the protestor that nobody should be assaulted because of their political views. The same goes here. A kid should be able to wear a hat and not get assaulted over it. I would take the same stand if it was a kid who was assaulted for wearing an Obama hat.

I don't think any of us who have participated in this thread have said anything to the contrary. No one should have their right to free expression stifled by violence if they are exercising it peacefully. If anything, this story should be more of an indictment on zero tolerance policies that schools have in place, where people who are defending themselves are suspended along with their assailant, as was in this case.

However, as was pointed out by myself and others on here, this is not how this incident is being portrayed by right-leaning news outlets such as Fox and the Right scoop. They are framing this as a narrative of how a student not only got beaten for wearing a Trump hat, but was suspended for it also; and whether unwittingly or not, this is also how you portrayed your argument as well - the fact that you decided to title your thread "WATCH: Middle school kid gets beat up on the bus, then SUSPENDED for wearing Trump hat" demonstrates that rather succinctly.

And, if you thoroughly investigated this story through "multiple varied" sources before you made your thread, as you have claimed, then how did you miss the link to the original local news story that said very plainly that all three were suspended for fighting? It seems as if Chris and myself didn't seem to have much trouble finding it, so I assume that you too came across this source in your exhaustive perusing of the topic. Did you just decide to ignore it in favor of the more brief synopses from Fox and the Right Scoop?

"It’s bad enough the kid was beat up for wearing the famous Trump hat. But to be suspended on top of that just seems wrong.

Sometimes I just have to wonder what has become of our country, where a kid can’t even wear a political hat to school without getting beat up by other kids. It just shows how Godless our nation has become."

http://therightscoop.com/watch-middle-school-kid-gets-beat-up-on-the-bus-then-suspended-for-wearing-trump-hat/

everything that doesn't go with the angry election losers will be contested. It was

on video. That tells the tale. The left brownshirt mode is in full force. They be mad.

+1000 The arrogant left is now condoning violence. The instances around the country

are adding up.

Yeah, because all of us posters on here who are left leaning has said just exactly that.

Just go ahead and keep on running with that narrative, Forrest:

forrest-gump-football-run-o.gif

I don't think any of us who have participated in this thread have said anything to the contrary. No one should have their right to free expression stifled by violence if they are exercising it peacefully. If anything, this story should be more of an indictment on zero tolerance policies that schools have in place, where people who are defending themselves are suspended along with their assailant, as was in this case. Terrible policy - so if a kid is getting bullied he has to either take it or if he does fight back he gets the same punishment as the bully.

However, as was pointed out by myself and others on here, this is not how this incident is being portrayed by right-leaning news outlets such as Fox and the Right scoop. Again not just the Right Scoop and Fox, there were a number of others I found on google and I will say it again The Right Scoop are bloggers who were Never Trumpers. They have no love for Trump so that should take away the argument they are in the tank for Trump with a bias. They are framing this as a narrative of how a student not only got beaten for wearing a Trump hat, but was suspended for it also; and whether unwittingly or not, this is also how you portrayed your argument as well - the fact that you decided to title your thread "WATCH: Middle school kid gets beat up on the bus, then SUSPENDED for wearing Trump hat" demonstrates that rather succinctly. The title of the thread was from the article and I would have titled it myself "Student gets assaulted for wearing a Trump hat and gets suspended for defending himself along with those who assaulted him"

And, if you thoroughly investigated this story through "multiple varied" sources before you made your thread, as you have claimed, then how did you miss the link to the original local news story that said very plainly that all three were suspended for fighting? Missed it - it happens. It seems as if Chris and myself didn't seem to have much trouble finding it, so I assume that you too came across this source in your exhaustive perusing of the topic. Did you just decide to ignore it in favor of the more brief synopses from Fox and the Right Scoop (and others on google search)?

Yeah, because all of us posters on here who are left leaning has said just exactly that.

Just go ahead and keep on running with that narrative, Forrest:

See? You got mad, and just personally insulted. CHECK. Then you angrily

put words into what I posted that aren't there , never said anywhere that

you SAID that. But it's what you end up doing, either intentionally or not.

Jblew, you and cleve and os are like the kids who beat up on a smaller

kid for wearing a Trump hat and somehow it isn't fair that news reports

vary on what students got suspended. You are like Cleve and Woody, you add

nothing to the board but smartass garbage and you are "victims" when it

comes back around to bite you in your stupid, infantile asses...

That kid never started the violence, THEY DID.

THAT is the point. And, as usual, it gets lost in the misdirection of bitching

about who got suspended etc etc.

https://youtu.be/Hqq9_TfK1gM

That kid never started the violence, THEY DID.

THAT is the point. And, as usual, it gets lost in the misdirection of bitching

about who got suspended etc etc.

Nitpicking. The main point is a kid got assaulted on a school bus for wearing a Trump hat. That should not be acceptable nor should it be acceptable that a kid defending himself should get the same punishment as the bully. There are lots of points to the story and maybe the headline wasn't quite correct but don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

I don't think any of us who have participated in this thread have said anything to the contrary. No one should have their right to free expression stifled by violence if they are exercising it peacefully. If anything, this story should be more of an indictment on zero tolerance policies that schools have in place, where people who are defending themselves are suspended along with their assailant, as was in this case. Terrible policy - so if a kid is getting bullied he has to either take it or if he does fight back he gets the same punishment as the bully. Yes, that is the gist of a zero tolerance policy. When I was in high school - who also had a zero tolerance policy, I myself got suspended in a similar situation defending myself. Is this a wise and fair policy? No, but that is the one that particular school district has, and that is why all three were suspended. Perhaps this whole topic would be less inflamed if FoxNews and TRS would have mentioned that too in their stories, but, for reasons unknown to us, they must've missed it.

However, as was pointed out by myself and others on here, this is not how this incident is being portrayed by right-leaning news outlets such as Fox and the Right scoop. Again not just the Right Scoop and Fox, there were a number of others I found on google and I will say it again The Right Scoop are bloggers who were Never Trumpers. They have no love for Trump so that should take away the argument they are in the tank for Trump with a bias. That's plausible, I suppose. You may have perused these other news outlets during your search, perhaps?:

Breitbart: School Suspends 12-Year-Old Boy Attacked on Bus for Wearing a ‘Make America Great Again’ Hat

They are framing this as a narrative of how a student not only got beaten for wearing a Trump hat, but was suspended for it also; and whether unwittingly or not, this is also how you portrayed your argument as well - the fact that you decided to title your thread "WATCH: Middle school kid gets beat up on the bus, then SUSPENDED for wearing Trump hat" demonstrates that rather succinctly. The title of the thread was from the article and I would have titled it myself "Student gets assaulted for wearing a Trump hat and gets suspended for defending himself along with those who assaulted him" So why didn't you, then? Your statement here implies that you knew they were suspended for fighting, but still chose to advance the narrative of him getting suspended for wearing a MAGA hat. What does that help to accomplish, in the end?

And, if you thoroughly investigated this story through "multiple varied" sources before you made your thread, as you have claimed, then how did you miss the link to the original local news story that said very plainly that all three were suspended for fighting? Missed it - it happens. Fair enough. It seems as if Chris and myself didn't seem to have much trouble finding it, so I assume that you too came across this source in your exhaustive perusing of the topic. Did you just decide to ignore it in favor of the more brief synopses from Fox and the Right Scoop (and others on google search)? So, you're not exactly denying it, are you?

Breitbart: School Suspends 12-Year-Old Boy Attacked on Bus for Wearing a ‘Make America Great Again’ Ha

What's the beef here? The school suspended the 12 year old who was attacked on a bus for wearing a MAGA hat? What other reason was he attacked for? He was suspended, that is true also.

"Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye". - Luke 6:42, KJV

...That kid never started the violence, THEY DID. - As I said to OBF, I don't believe that anyone participating in this thread, including myself, has stated otherwise.

... THAT is the point. And, as usual, it gets lost in the misdirection of bitching

about who got suspended etc etc. - Oh, so you mean misdirection like how the right-leaning news outlets are portraying it as how the kid got beat up AND suspended simply for wearing a MAGA hat? With no mention of everyone involved getting suspended due to the zero tolerance policy? Hmm...

Breitbart: School Suspends 12-Year-Old Boy Attacked on Bus for Wearing a ‘Make America Great Again’ Ha

What's the beef here? The school suspended the 12 year old who was attacked on a bus for wearing a MAGA hat? What other reason was he attacked for? He was suspended, that is true also.

Except that the school didn't suspend him for wearing the hat. He was suspended for fighting, along with those who attacked him. That is the point. Do you not understand the concept of a "zero-tolerance" policy? And do you not see how the above mentioned article title could lead rubes such as yourself into falsely believing that the student got suspended simply for wearing a MAGA hat?

59214180.jpg

well, I checked CNN for the "truth". they did not carry the story, apparently.

they don't care about violence to Trump supporters... per bob beckel

Breitbart: School Suspends 12-Year-Old Boy Attacked on Bus for Wearing a ‘Make America Great Again’

OK lets take it point by point and nit pick it because you don't like the source. Every part of of that headline is true. Does the headline here say he was suspended for wearing a MAGA hat? No it doesn't. Was he attacked for wearing a MAGA hat? Yes that was the reason.

I see two points they are making in this headline. The school suspended the 12 year old and he was the one attacked for wearing a MAGA hat.

Except that the school didn't suspend him for wearing the hat. Jblewit

it says "Breitbart: School Suspends 12-Year-Old Boy Attacked on Bus for Wearing a ‘Make America Great Again’ Ha"

that says the kid who was attacked on the bus for wearing a MAGA hat, was suspended.

This happened on 2/1/17 and the statement by the superintendent that all the students got suspended was just given today. Looking at most of the articles that were written 2 or 3 days ago maybe there was no sinister agenda they left out that all the students had been suspended and were reporting the facts as they had them at the time?

Oh god. please. Don't.

We can only handle you being wrong so many times per thread

yet, the woodypeckerhead still smarts off to anybody he disagrees with,

while having no legit reason to disagree.

Well lets get to the bottom of this then. Lets find out for sure if all of em got suspended or not. This will be a good excercise in cutting through bullshit for some of u.

Here is the bottom of it. Seems like nothing nefarious, no shenanigans. What Chris and Jbluhm posted was the statement of the superintendent on the morning of 2/6 saying all the students had been suspended. So why didn't the media report that? This incident happened on 2/1 and the articles I read on this were 2 and 3 days before the superintendents statement. So logical to conclude the media reported what was known at the time? Perhaps?

Anyway total nitpicking. The main point is a student should not be assaulted for wearing a ball cap no matter if it was Trump, Obama or yeeeech Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid.

Archived