THE BROWNS BOARD

So Trump is Like Hitler?

Axe

We also need to understand the climate of Germany at the time, who was basically castrated by the Alliances after WWI. Germany was sanctioned and also humiliated. Their economy was in ruin. Germany was ripe for a man to come in and claim to bring that country back to dominance. Our country, at this time, does not resemble Germany post WWI, nothing close to it. The only thing that Trump has that compares to Hitler is an over-inflated ego. That hardly makes him Hitler or any representation of it. Sure you can say registering Muslims parallels Hitler, doesn't make him Hitler. Hitler blamed the Jews for most of the countries woes. All we want to do is protect our citizens from being murdered. Vetting Muslims that want to come in or even "registering" them (which I don't agree with) does not equate to systematic annihilation of Muslims. Also, we want to argue about registering... We are all "Registered". We do realize that right.

This is Trump, speaking, and not thinking about his words or phrases. Everyone that comes to this country is registered in some way. Either through the purchase of an Airline ticket, online transaction, Airport security. We are all being tracked in some way shape or form. I know I'm not on any gov't list of priority, but I bet the NSA, CIA, or FBI pulled up my SSN, what they could see would probably be astounding. Green cards, Visas, etc., all register people.

Trump needs to start vetting his thoughts and words with someone else before he hit twitter or speaks publicly. In fact, it amazes me that he still tweets. Why hasn't someone pulled that account from him or advised him to just shut the hell up.

Let me add, the same line of thought could easily be attributed to the left when it comes to Nazi extremism. Would it be to far to think that in a way to fight for equality, that they look to religion as a cause and a primary reason for inequality? So much so that they ban religion and religious freedoms, and then onto the people who do believe in a faith, Christian, Muslim, etc., There are plenty of people that look at religion as a primary cause of wars and social setbacks. It's the left that polices language and finds offense around every corner and bush. It's the left that wants equality so bad, that they praise government and feel that the government knows what's best for the people. So before we call Trump a Nazi, let's think about it first. Who's closer to a fascism and a dictatorship? I don't think it's the conservatives, at least how I see it.

We also need to understand the climate of Germany at the time, who was basically castrated by the Alliances after WWI. Germany was sanctioned and also humiliated. Their economy was in ruin. Germany was ripe for a man to come in and claim to bring that country back to dominance. Our country, at this time, does not resemble Germany post WWI, nothing close to it. The only thing that Trump has that compares to Hitler is an over-inflated ego. That hardly makes him Hitler or any representation of it. Sure you can say registering Muslims parallels Hitler, doesn't make him Hitler. Hitler blamed the Jews for most of the countries woes. All we want to do is protect our citizens from being murdered. Vetting Muslims that want to come in or even "registering" them (which I don't agree with) does not equate to systematic annihilation of Muslims. Also, we want to argue about registering... We are all "Registered". We do realize that right.

This is Trump, speaking, and not thinking about his words or phrases. Everyone that comes to this country is registered in some way. Either through the purchase of an Airline ticket, online transaction, Airport security. We are all being tracked in some way shape or form. I know I'm not on any gov't list of priority, but I bet the NSA, CIA, or FBI pulled up my SSN, what they could see would probably be astounding. Green cards, Visas, etc., all register people.

Trump needs to start vetting his thoughts and words with someone else before he hit twitter or speaks publicly. In fact, it amazes me that he still tweets. Why hasn't someone pulled that account from him or advised him to just shut the hell up.

Let me add, the same line of thought could easily be attributed to the left when it comes to Nazi extremism. Would it be to far to think that in a way to fight for equality, that they look to religion as a cause and a primary reason for inequality? So much so that they ban religion and religious freedoms, and then onto the people who do believe in a faith, Christian, Muslim, etc., There are plenty of people that look at religion as a primary cause of wars and social setbacks. It's the left that polices language and finds offense around every corner and bush. It's the left that wants equality so bad, that they praise government and feel that the government knows what's best for the people. So before we call Trump a Nazi, let's think about it first. Who's closer to a fascism and a dictatorship? I don't think it's the conservatives, at least how I see it.

I pretty much just said the same thing. I think the notion is laughable and a complete waste of time and thought. However, it's worth noting that this is the 8 ball the President is behind and that he put himself there.

Calling Trump like Hitler is as crazy as calling Obama Obamao. Some in our country still believe insane analogies further their cause. For my money Trump is more bully than dictator because the "Party" doesn't control the military or legislature that a true dictator would require.

oustanding post, except I lost it a bit on "one school of though..."

I'm thinking that one school of thought, on principle, is excellent.

The internment of Japanese back in the day... was an exellent example

of fear, and violating the rights of Americans.

A few differences though, HItler did it to commit genocide. FDR, democrat, did it

out of fear... and the difference is also between violating the rights of citizens,

and registering non-citizens coming here in droves.

A guess it's a point, don't know how valid, just thought of it, .... that

we are all registered. Social Security. veterans, weddings, ar-15 buyers,

A friend of mine that sent the txt about illegal immigrants landing here in Ohio

this morning... I sent her an email about how Kasich (accepter of $$$ from George Soros)...

-wants- immigrants here to help our stagnant economy...

A free nation can only do so much to protect itself from evil doers. Immigration has to

be vetted. But to maintain a list of people allowed to come here, seems just like you said.

Wrong, for all of us.

Very well put. A reasonable move to increase vetting, intelligence, communication, documentation, etc. is a fantastic idea.

Archived