THE BROWNS BOARD

How Far Off Are We?

Dawgs89

Diehard Dawg fan here,

How many years are we away from being NFC North Kings? Ravens seem to be on the decline. Bengals are an enigma. Steelers have Bell & Brown but Ben's future is unknown.

Obviously we need a franchise QB. Receivers need upgrading too. What else?

Diehard Dawg fan here,

How many years are we away from being NFC North Kings? Ravens seem to be on the decline. Bengals are an enigma. Steelers have Bell & Brown but Ben's future is unknown.

A long fucking time.

Diehard Dawg fan here,

add to pass rush, FIX the secondary. Right now, it's toast. An all-pro TE could work

wonders, given that the qb gets fixed.

I think we're in a similar position to the Raiders of a few years ago. Remember they drafted Khalil Mack and then Carr the next year? Look what having a defensive playmaker and QB did for them. Obviously there is WAY more to it, but those two guys have a ton to do with their resurgence. What really hurts is, Kyle Shanahan recently stated he wanted Carr or JG, but was ultimately given Manziel. Ouch. So what if we get Myles Garrett, trade for JG, and add some secondary help? It would take some luck, as it always does, but we'd be similar to the Raiders if Pryor can be similar to their stud WR.

The development of last year's draft picks, specifically Coleman, Ogbah, and Nassib, AND the haul of rookies this year will go a long way in answering your question of "how far away are we?" All we have to do is nail our QB selection, whether through trade or draft. That's the most important aspect of improving, and that's the one thing our of EVERYTHING that has truly plagued us...

How many years are we away from being NFC North Kings?

Kings? Wrong question IMO...

Compete for the AFCN title? Two years based solely upon the promise of the approach I think I see us taking with probably a third year added for educational purposes... as in learning how to win big games.

Hard to say. We've all witnessed other teams turn things around in a positive direction within a couple years by making GOOD decisions in the draft. Recently, Oakland & Tennessee. St. Louis Rams, from worst to first in 1999. The Colts, twice (sandbaggers).

The flip side is Jacksonville and perhaps Minnesota. Two teams who looked promising on paper entering 2016. Minnesota goes all-in on Bradford, and things look great at 5-0, then it all disappears with injuries. Jax simply died with Bortles.

The NFL of today has kind of become fantasy football. Salary caps, free agency have impacted it big time. Look at the Seahawks, giving all that $$ to the defense, and they can't protect Russell Wilson.

Diehard Dawg fan here,

Two years, if this coach is what we think he is (by we...I exclude Goolie). And if we get a QB.

I see 4-8 wins this year. Likely right in the middle. 2018 I think 9-11 wins. 2019 I think we are dominant. If we fire Hue through any of that it will be an outrage.

It's too early to speculate Warg. FA and the draft- and there's still (faint) hope Gordon could get reinstated.

It's too early to speculate Warg. FA and the draft- and there's still (faint) hope Gordon could get reinstated.

I agree. We have to see who is actually on the final 53 roster and how are they performing as a real team in late pre-season.

EDIT: That being said I can agree to the HOPE that we see increasing wins the next two season leading to playoff runs after that.

How the fuck do you imagine the Browns are going to out draft the Steelers

I gotta hear this one.

All the sudden the Squeelers have this great Drafting GM Jeannie drafting new talent & giving us a pick for GilBurnt?..yep,this QB with diminishing skills must be running rapid thru out the league. Ozzie has not been great in the past 2 drafts either..

The NFL is set up that a team can change their standing fairly quickly. At this point I tend to agree with Tiamat but hope for the best. With Big Ben, Flacco & Dalton in the the division the Browns have their work cut out for them. The question that needs to be answered that hasn't been is can the front office be turned around. Without a good front office this will never work.

Nice satire, not happening. As to wins- too early to say, but we play the Chargers again- beat them last year. And the Jets are a pretty stinko team. Progress Tom- two wins at least. :)

Ah................ the path of greatness through arithmetic. BRILLIANT.

We are going to STEAL 2 division games............you mean like we stole two division games this year? Oh, and we will win 4 of the others. FUCK Einstink, now that you explain it that way, it makes a lot of sense.

See, here is how fucking stupid I am,

• Our division rivals all have better QBs Advantage division rivals
  • Our division rivals all have better defenses Advantage division rivals
  • Our divisions rivals all have better special teams Advantage division rivals
  • Our division rivals all have better wide recievers Advantage division rivals
  • Our division Rivals all have better RBs Advantage division rivals

So just how the fuck does this 2 game theft come about?

And which of the 4 other teams will we beat?

Dude, this is the biggest pile of mexican bean shit imaginable. "We're going to steal 2 division games" Fucking jackoff.

Hey, wait, I get it............. I get it now............................ let me play Wheel of Browns Balderdash with you....................

This year, Kessler is going to up his passing to 300 ypg with a 2.5 TD average.

This Year Pryor is going to steal 2 extra TD receptions per game

The defense will begin to sack the QB

Fucking moron.

We'll be better next year, so 2016 is not some ceiling on the 2017 team. Your entire point debunked in one sentence. Good day.

Ah................ the path of greatness through arithmetic. BRILLIANT.

We are going to STEAL 2 division games............you mean like we stole two division games this year? Oh, and we will win 4 of the others. FUCK Einstink, now that you explain it that way, it makes a lot of sense.

See, here is how fucking stupid I am,

You are not following....this asks about projection for the future

• Our division rivals all have better QBs Advantage division rivals
  • In two years, BR may be gone...and I am hopeful that the Browns can get a QB at least as good as Flacco/Dalton
  • Our division rivals all have better defenses Advantage division rivals
  • Actually....they were barely that much better this year....so, again, in two years with FAs and draftees...I expect the Browns to surpass those teams defensively.
  • Our divisions rivals all have better special teams Advantage division rivals
  • All we need really is an outstanding return man. Not sure why we don't have one.
  • Our division rivals all have better wide recievers Advantage division rivals
  • Not sure the Ravens do....and with the Bengals and Steelers it just comes down to two colored guys: Green and Brown :D
  • Our division Rivals all have better RBs Advantage division rivals
  • I don't agree except for Bell.

You forgot to comment on the offensive lines.

So just how the fuck does this 2 game theft come about?

And which of the 4 other teams will we beat?

Dude, this is the biggest pile of mexican bean shit imaginable. "We're going to steal 2 division games" Fucking jackoff.

Hey, wait, I get it............. I get it now............................ let me play Wheel of Browns Balderdash with you....................

This year, Kessler is going to up his passing to 300 ypg with a 2.5 TD average.

This Year Pryor is going to steal 2 extra TD receptions per game

The defense will begin to sack the QB

Kessler won't be the QB. Pryor won't steal 2 extra TDs per game....but it could be 1.

And, yea, the defense will begin to sack the QB

Fucking moron.

• All we need really is an outstanding return man. Not sure why we don't have one.

I won't disagree on the return man, but I'd guess at least 25% of all Browns team penalties occurred on either punt or kickoff returns. Constant flags, every game.

Archived