THE BROWNS BOARD

AWESOME: Gov Greg Abbott RESPONDS to NFL warning about new Texas bathroom bill

OldBrownsFan

The NFL is warning Texas that if it passes a bathroom bill, similar to North Carolina’s bathroom bill, that it could put future super bowls being played in Texas in jeopardy:

– The NFL sharpened its warning to Texas on Friday about a “bathroom bill” targeting transgender people, suggesting for the first time that the football-crazed state could miss out on hosting another Super Bowl if the proposal is enacted.

“If a proposal that is discriminatory or inconsistent with our values were to become law there, that would certainly be a factor considered when thinking about awarding future events,” league spokesman Brian McCarthy said in response to an email question about the Texas bill.

Although the NFL released a statement about inclusiveness earlier this month prior to the Super Bowl in Houston, it didn’t address whether the bill could put future such events at risk for the state.

The NFL has selected future Super Bowl sites through 2021, none of which are in Texas. Dallas hosted the game in 2011 and three Super Bowls have been played in Texas since 2004, which is second only to Florida.

Under the Texas bill, people would be required to use bathrooms that correspond to the sex on their birth certificate. It’s similar to a North Carolina law that prompted the NCAA to pull seven championship events from that state last year and is backed by Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, a powerful figure in the state who had cited the Houston Super Bowl as proof that big events will stick around.

Greg Abbott saw this article over the weekend and responded with a fantastic tweet:

“NFL decision makers also benched Tom Brady last season. It ended with NFL handing the Super Bowl trophy to Brady.”

LOL! Gotta love Abbott’s apparent resolve on this. He’s not going to back down just because of flimsy threats from the NFL. No, he’s going to do what must be done to protect women and children from bathroom predators. And that’s exactly the right position to take, just as it was in NC.

http://therightscoop.com/awesome-gov-greg-abbott-responds-to-nfl-warning-about-new-texas-bathroom-bill/

I read in our local paper a while back where some women had complained about a man in the women's restroom who had been loitering around inside. This is exactly one of the reasons why a bill like this is necessary. If a law like this is not in place wouldn't this man only have to say he is a transgender?

To to cater to a few we are putting at risk and inconveniencing the majority.

the Ninth circuit court that has been overruled often, because they are

owned by lefists/dems.

Meanwhile, libs gloat about liberal judges appointed by Bush. It is actually true.

Karl Rove was the driver behind that - it placated the dems, reached out to them.

Surely nobody thinks that happened with a dem president.

The-Enemy-Court-Within.jpg

the Ninth circuit court that has been overruled often, because they are

owned by lefists/dems.

Meanwhile, libs gloat about liberal judges appointed by Bush. It is actually true.

Karl Rove was the driver behind that - it placated the dems, reached out to them.

Surely nobody thinks that happened with a dem president.

The-Enemy-Court-Within.jpg

Funny how our mainstream media fails to report the fact that the liberal ninth circuit court's rulings get overturned by far more than any other federal court. In all the stories I have seen on national news they never put that in...I wonder why?

and why would the msm allow itself to be owned?

seems the left is dangerous to careers... like, if you do what they want in

Congress, and in liberal state governments, and even liberal school districts,

etc etc.. they will leave you alone. But you disagree with them, don't do what they

want... all hell will break loose, they will slander/libel you, protest in front of your home,

threaten to kill you, pretend some little thing you didn't do, was a giant thing

that you did,... try to get you fired, try to get your family's business to fail...

whatever they can think to do to "fight" over control, they are ready to do it now.

WATCH: Gov Greg Abbott just CALLED OUT the NFL for trying to interfere in Texas business!

Texas Governor Greg Abbott was on with Fox News today, calling out the NFL over trying to interfere with legislation in Texas. Abbott took great umbrage at the NFL trying to dictate to Texas what is acceptable and basically told the NFL to mind their own business, pointing out the ample problems the NFL has with its own players.

Here’s a partial transcript:

The NFL has its own share of problems. The NFL coddled its players who refused to stand for the National Anthem. The NFL has its own problems with people, such as violence against women. The NFL has its own problems to solve. The last thing the NFL needs to do is to get in the business of telling states how to operate their own political operations.

Imagine this. If the NFL tries to come down on the state of Texas, I might just pass a bill in the state of Texas mandating that all NFL players have to stand and put their hand on their heart when the National Anthem is played.

If the NFL really wants to solve this problem about bathrooms for people who are transgender, the NFL should impose on all of its teams to put their own bathrooms into their stadiums to accommodate those with transgenders as opposed to trying to dictate to states what laws they must comply with!

You can watch the rest in the clip above.

I must say I love how Abbott isn’t backing down from this fight. It’s ridiculous on its face that the NFL would rather sacrifice the safety and privacy of women and children by trying to keep Texas from passing this bill, and I’m glad Abbott is calling them out on the carpet.

http://therightscoop.com/watch-gov-greg-abbott-just-called-out-the-nfl-for-trying-to-interfere-in-texas-business/

sure. but establishing football teams in states doesn't give them the right to

political run those states. Sure, they can pull their superbowls from Texas.

but they can't try to be the Texas gov with threats of economic intimidation, that's

a bit different. Pull em, don't pull em... but using the ability to pull them as coercion..

not the same thing.

sure. but establishing football teams in states doesn't give them the right to

political run those states. Sure, they can pull their superbowls from Texas.

but they can't try to be the Texas gov with threats of economic intimidation, that's

a bit different. Pull em, don't pull em... but using the ability to pull them as coercion..

not the same thing.

We have elevated a mental disorder to a civil right. One may delude themselves into thinking they are the wrong sex but their DNA and physical bodies say differently.

Not to mention the rights of the majority being trampled on to cater to a few. Women and girls should have the right to go to a public restroom without any men present. Seems like common sense but common sense is getting harder to find these days.

here's something else - there are a lot of republican governors - they coud all tell

the NFL to go shove their superbowls. Let the NFL have the superbowl in the middle

of a blizzard in Green Bay. and have a nice day, NFL liberal sombeitches.

Getting into political coercion is the worst idea the NFL could have. Letting kaeperclusterfooknick

alienate half of the NFL audience was an indicator.

We have elevated a mental disorder to a civil right. One may delude themselves into thinking they are the wrong sex but their DNA and physical bodies say differently.

Not to mention the rights of the majority being trampled on to cater to a few. Women and girls should have the right to go to a public restroom without any men present. Seems like common sense but common sense is getting harder to find these days.

True. I wonder that how many of them let their children go into "unisex" bathrooms.

I doubt hardly any. It seems to be more taking down of American society/structure/culture

to effect a new utopian kind of existence in gov. Star Trek happyland equality, especially

everybody gets to win the lottery and be rich....

Something not mentally healthy or normal.

Sometimes I wonder about people who go off the deep end over all this, and wonder

if it's like John Lennon's song "imagine there's no country, it's easy if you try..." etc etc.

Dreaming of utopia, and hate reality and everything in it accordingly.

Mental disorders.

then it gets changed via congress. The NFL is a majority??????

for the thousandth time, nobody doesn't know that. But like I mentioned,

a lot of Rep governors in the south could tell the NFL to shove their superbowls.

and the NFL would end up not hardly having any good state to have it in.

Of course consequences can bounce either direction.

the left only wants consequences going towards the right.

I'd have to ask Gipper on the law, but deciding to pull the superbowl, fine,

but threatening to pull it if the state gov doesn't violate it's own law...

I wonder if that is possibly racketeering. ....where's Gipper......

and the NFL is welcome to destroy itself with leftist political expediency, too.

Which, the NFL is already doing. The niners are an example, Woody. The consequences

are a double-edged sword. Cuts both ways.

Santa Clara City Council concerned about 49ers attendance - Niners ...
www.ninersnation.com/.../santa-clara-city-council-49ers-declining-attend...
Oct 25, 2016 - The decline in the turnstile attendance is certainly taking money out of the49ers ... The 49ers lease for the stadium has NFL event concessions and ..... Any hope thatKaepernick might be better now that he had surgeries or ...
Is Colin Kaepernick Really The Reason for The NFL's Ratings Decline ...
observer.com/.../is-colin-kaepernick-really-the-reason-for-the-nfls-rating...
Oct 14, 2016 - Some blame controversial San Francisco 49ers Quarterback Colin Kaepernickfor the National Football League's slide in television ratings.
Kaepernick Effect? Falling ratings force NFL TV networks to give back ...
www.sportingnews.com/...dropping...kaepernick-49ers.../1qtrec7b21cf1...
October 7, 2016 8:27am EDT October 6, 2016 9:01pm EDT The NFL is seeing a noticeable dropin TV ratings, and many think 49ers quarterback Colin ...
Market for 49ers tickets and PSLs is “plummeting” | ProFootballTalk
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/.../market-for-49ers-tickets-and-psls-is-plu...
Apr 18, 2016 - Market for 49ers tickets and PSLs is “plummeting” ..... I thought Kaepernickwas going to be the winning face of this .... The Warriors have had one the best attendancerecords in the NBA for years, the Niners sold out every ...
America Responds To The NFL Allowing Kaepernick's Protest To ...
www.headlinepolitics.com/colin-kaepernick-america-response-nfl-protest...
Sep 16, 2016 - When the 49ers do nothing they are effectively endorsing his protest of the National Anthem. The NFL's attendance is down after opening week ...

Oh geez. The links. Why I have you on ignore.

The NFL has fallen for a lot of reasons, not because you think they're super liberal.

This is also not on topic. The NFL can refuse to play SBs in Texas and Southern states are more than welcome to keep the NFL out.

Oh geez. The links. Why I have you on ignore.

The NFL has fallen for a lot of reasons, not because you think they're super liberal.

This is also not on topic. The NFL can refuse to play SBs in Texas and Southern states are more than welcome to keep the NFL out.

All you have to do is read the titles of the links to see I have a point - the NFL can try to intimidate with consequences, but

right back at the NFL. That's all. There are consequences against the NFL, too. I just listed a couple.

Consequences is your defense of the NFL. My counter is that that is a double-edged sword. The NFL has been

losing for various reasons. But consequences of what they are doing is causing it. That most

certainly is part of the topic at hand.

The NFL is possibly getting involved in liberal politics do try to fix that? Bad, really dishonest idea.

The NFL got it's ass kicked when it left it's friend fArt Schmodell take our Browns. And we made

the NFL give us our team back. But teams moving, halftime shows that alienate a lot of viewers,

or at least disinterest viewers, leftwing politics getting onto the field, gay football player controversy,

it's ruining the NFL. Patriot cheating controversies, poor officiating controversies,

player drugs/crimes controversies, steeler violent cheapshot controversies, teams moving...

doesn't paint a pretty picture. Everybody knows there are a lot of reasons why the NFL

is starting to see disinterest. We had friends over, and turned the tv to pause and had

dinner, etc, and ignored the hafltime show. The commercials aren't often funny anymore.

But getting into political crap is one of them - take it to the bank, and this garbage with

the NFL getting really stupid with Texas is most definately another straw to NFL fans.

The number of people that have you on ignore is growing Cal, just FYI.

And again, I don't think the NFL is worried about the "consequences" you think will happen. If the governor wants to explain to his state how he drive away the super bowl though, he's more than welcome to.

Archived