THE BROWNS BOARD

CAMP LAMP

calfoxwc

2017 NFL Draft: Meet Forrest Lamp, the NFL's next great guard ...
www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-draft-meet...

2017 NFL Draft: Meet Forrest Lamp, the NFL's next great guard prospect Many successful pro guards were tackles in college, and Lamp appears ready for the conversion

At the 12 pick. Solidify your oline for years, can backup either tackle, I think he can start at

RT, and Tour mentioned it's said he can also play center. Helps all the "skill players' on offense...

keeps the offense on the field, helps the defense. You probably helped you defense with the first

pick, so... build from the inside, at the los.

At 6'4 with 32-1/4" arms, I don't think he's built for the outside at the NFL level.

I don't think Lamp lasts until #33. But I also do not believe he is worth the #12. If we are in a trade down mood after seeing who is around at #12, then I see no reason to not move down to 20 or so and tab him there.

I still like Dion Dawkins, who at 6'4 with 35" arms is a true OG/OT prospect, as the better value pick in the 2nd round, but could certainly live with Lamp around #20, if there are no better options.

I'll stick with Lamp because CAMP LAMP has such a cool ring to it....

lol... bet you still sing the name-game around the camp fire...

If we are in a trade down mood after seeing who is around at #12, then I see no reason to not move down to 20 or SO and tab him there.

Run Forrest Run!! would mean so much more @#22 from Miami..they still remember they owe you won

2017 NFL Draft: Meet Forrest Lamp, the NFL's next great guard ...

www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-draft-meet...

2017 NFL Draft: Meet Forrest Lamp, the NFL's next great guard prospect Many successful pro guards were tackles in college, and Lamp appears ready for the conversion

At the 12 pick. Solidify your oline for years, can backup either tackle, I think he can start at

RT, and Tour mentioned it's said he can also play center. Helps all the "skill players' on offense...

keeps the offense on the field, helps the defense. You probably helped you defense with the first

pick, so... build from the inside, at the los.

He had a great combine after a good year. I like the Offensive Lineman mentality Cal. It'll be interesting to see where/when he goes.

I'd still prefer to see what Coleman can do at RT, and pick up a day three prospect. Between Thomas, Bitonio, Greco, Drango, Coleman, Paztor, Reiter, Fabiano, etc. etc. the Brown's should be able to field a decent O line without burning a 1st rd pick.

yes, but he also can play tackie, and it's said, per Tour, he can also fill in at center.

Those guys are very, very tough to find later on.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Vikings-meet-with-OTG-Forrest-Lamp-51599311

Capable of playing offensive tackle and guard, Lamp has been intriguing teams across the NFL with his versatility and strong play during his time at Western Kentucky. While Lamp played the majority of his playing time in college came at the tackle position, many scouts believe he could develop in to an excellent starter at the guard position, something the Vikings are in desperate need of.

The Vikings have been busy meeting with prospects at the NFL Combine, having met with Alvin Kamara, Samaje Perine, Brad Kaaya and Damien Mama prior to their meeting with Lamp.

NFL Combine | WKU's first-round hopeful Forrest Lamp showcasing versatility for pro teams

Louisville Courier-Journal6 days ago

TODAY Sports) 1 CONNECT TWEET LINKEDIN COMMENT EMAIL MORE INDIANAPOLIS – Western Kentucky offensive lineman Forrest Lamp starred as a tackle in college, but he has soared up NFL ...

Spending a high pick on a guard is crazy. I know Zack Martin worked out, but if you miss on a interior lineman with a top 15 pick you look really foolish.

Guards can be found as a udfa. Lets use those early picks to try and find impact players

Guard is an underrated and very important position.

WSS

the squealers drafted decastro with the 24th overall... the Browns could trade down a bit, get

another second round pick, and still get Lamp. Like it was noted, Fisher was drafted #1 overall,

it isn't all that far-fetched. Let the lamp light shine on the possiblilties....

I'd still prefer to see what Coleman can do at RT, and pick up a day three prospect. Between Thomas, Bitonio, Greco, Drango, Coleman, Paztor, Reiter, Fabiano, etc. etc. the Brown's should be able to field a decent O line without burning a 1st rd pick.

Agree and disagree...

• Coleman at RT? Yes... I've been there longer than anyone.
  • Paz? If he moves on, then we have a hole so much depends on him.
  • Day 3? No...

There's enough skilled talent in this draft that the best OL are getting squeezed towards Day 2, but there is also a lack of OL talent in this draft... both of elite, top-ten talent and strong Day 3 prospects.

Lamp is as good as I have seen in this class and at best I see him at the cusp of Rounds 1 and 2.

The only Day 3 "quality" I've seen so far is UK's Jon Toth.

Bottom line: Day 2 is the OL hunting ground this draft.

I have an idea, though, about the second round. Two players have drawn my attention:

Obi Wan Kanobi Molifornu? Everybody is noticing this kid. I've been watching him before the combine,

and he is rocking the combine. 44" leap? seriously? I kept replaying that... amazing. 4.43 first run, 4.40 second run...

the other cb besides Conley that I'm amazed at... is Fabian Moreau. He's supposed to be there in the 3rd round.

So, with the other second round pick... probably the first one....Davis Webb, qb.

I have an idea, though, about the second round. Two players have drawn my attention:

Obi Wan Kanobi Molifornu? Everybody is noticing this kid. I've been watching him before the combine,

and he is rocking the combine. 44" leap? seriously? I kept replaying that... amazing. 4.43 first run, 4.40 second run...

the other cb besides Conley that I'm amazed at... is Fabian Moreau. He's supposed to be there in the 3rd round.

So, with the other second round pick... probably the first one....Davis Webb, qb.

Obi is interesting but if we sign a Jefferson or a Cyprien type player, I don't see us going for him. If we go with a SS in FA, I expect us to go for Williams or Baker in the draft.

Agree and disagree...

• Coleman at RT? Yes... I've been there longer than anyone.
  • Paz? If he moves on, then we have a hole so much depends on him.
  • Day 3? No...
There's enough skilled talent in this draft that the best OL are getting squeezed towards Day 2, but there is also a lack of OL talent in this draft... both of elite, top-ten talent and strong Day 3 prospects.

Lamp is as good as I have seen in this class and at best I see him at the cusp of Rounds 1 and 2.

The only Day 3 "quality" I've seen so far is UK's Jon Toth.

Bottom line: Day 2 is the OL hunting ground this draft.

I wasn't being literal. the main point is, let's not draft OL at 12...middle of rd 2, top of rd 3; if the value is there let's party. Actually, the Browns have a decent track record in recent years with 2nd Round ol: Bitonio, Schwartz...who knows maybe they will continue the trend this year.

trouble is, Lamp has been compared to Bitonio, but it's a weak draft for tackles,

and Bitonio was pick 35, probably no chance of Lamp falling our of the first. We'll see.

But if he did.... trouble is, it's a cb deep draft, and #33 was my cb slot, if not at #12.

crazy draft. This is going to be a riot.

Archived