THE BROWNS BOARD

Rounds 4-7 ** 2017 Browns Board Mock Draft ** Rounds 4-7

Tour2ma

Message to All:

Tour PM'd me that he will return by 4pm CDT today. I'm fine with just finishing out this round if Taco ever makes an appearance.

ConnerL should be able to make his pick regardless of when taco appears since they are the only two left in Round 6.

And taco can make all 3 of his regardless of when ConnerL appears should he get here first.

I am subbing for Tour but am in and out until 2pm CDT when I disappear because 2 hours of daily racquetball is my diet. Peanut M&Ms are just an energy bar. :lol:

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I concur with Ag... balance of Rnd 6...

26 (210). Taco918 --- Seattle Seahawks ---------- ABSENT------ PM- First come, first pick

33 (216). Taco918 --- Kansas City Chiefs (Comp) -------- PM - First come, first pick
34 (217). ConnerL --- Cincinnati Bengals (Comp) -------- PM - First come, first pick
35 (218). Taco918 --- Kansas City Chiefs (Comp) -------- PM - First come, first pick

Board and Players picked by position are up to date...

It's a gorgeous morning in Austin...

Time for me to work on completing Round 7 set up.

Round 7 primed and ready... I think...

Please double check team assignments and recent trade activity for accuracy.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46238&do=findComment&comment=691344

Top prospects still available per CBS Sports:

159 Travis Rudolph WR Florida St.

174 Matthew Dayes RB NC State

184 Marquez White CB Florida St

187 Jadar Johnson SS Clemson

188 Keionta Davis DE Chattanooga

189 Channing Stribling CB Michigan

190 EJuan Price OLB Pitt

191 Eric Saubert TE Drake

192 Sam Tevi OT Utah

194 Elijah McGuire RB UL-Lafayette

195 Amba Etta-Tawo WR Syracuse

196 De'Angelo Henderson RB Coastal Carolina

KC closes out R6 with back-to-back picks...

33 (216). Matthew Dayes (RB) ----------- NC State**
35 (218). Justin Senior (OT) -------------- Mississippi St. U.**

We are go for Round 7...

Here are the first ten...

Round 7

Pick (overall)
1 (219). Ag ----------- San Francisco 49ers (CLE)
2 (220). Unsym ----- Washington Redskins (SF)
3 (221). Ag ----------- Chicago Bears
4 (222). Gip ---------- Jacksonville Jaguars
5 (223). Gip ---------- Los Angeles Rams
6 (224). LondonB -- New York Jets
7 (225). LondonB -- Los Angeles Chargers
8 (226). Taco918 --- Seattle Seahawks (CAR)
9 (227). ConnerL -- Cincinnati Bengals
10 (228). Flyin J --- Dallas Cowboys (BUF)

San Francisco with their last pick in the draft takes Avery Gennesy OG/OT Texas A&M who I think will be gone by this time in the draft, maybe by the Browns in rd. 6 who saw him first hand in the Senior Bowl.

PM to Unsympathetic.

Loyal to Maroon to the end. With the 3rd pick in the 7th round Chicago takes TE convert from WR for the PS- former 5* player of the year in Texas football Ricky Seals-Jones who would not listen to Texas A&M coaches and make the switch for his senior year so someone would actually draft him as a TE. However he has good size @ 6'5" 245 lbs and was a decent downfield blocker for fellow targeted WRs or RB around the edge.

Someone will sign him to a PS and develop him where he belonged all along.

Loyal to Maroon to the end. With the 3rd pick in the 7th round Chicago takes TE convert from WR for the PS- former 5* player of the year in Texas football Ricky Seals-Jones who would not listen to Texas A&M coaches and make the switch for his senior year so someone would actually draft him as a TE. However he has good size @ 6'5" 245 lbs and was a decent downfield blocker for fellow targeted WRs or RB around the edge.

Someone will sign him to a PS and develop him where he belonged all along.

So, lets never hear any of you Aggie types questioning anyone on here again when they advocate for Ohio State players.

So, the Jacksonville Jaguars, with the #222 pick in the draft select:

Marquez White CB Florida St.

STRENGTHS Spies quarterback from quarters coverage and drives early to underneath routes. Shows good awareness of routes around him. Willing to overlap his coverage responsibilities from off-man. Long arms and big hands. Jams with quick reaction time post-snap. Looks to land punch on inside shoulder. Crowds the outside release. Held opponents to completion percentage of just 32.1 percent in 2015. Allowed just one touchdown over last two seasons as field corner.

WEAKNESSES Skinny and plays with a narrow base throughout the rep. Obvious balance issues transitioning from press into his turn. Lacks patience from press. Opens to first fake he sees. Tall, stiff backpedal. Gives away inside leverage, allowing open throwing windows. Poor career ball production with just 11 passes defensed. Slow to get head around to find ball. Delayed stick-and-click burst forward from backpedal. Waits on running backs to bring action to him. Allowed total of eight missed and broken tackles four to just 22 total tackles this season.

BOTTOM LINE

Finesse cornerback with limited ball skills and production as two-year starter. Coverage stats from junior season garnered attention, but his 2016 tape was average, with marginal instincts and coverage inconsistencies from press. Length is a plus and he does have talent, but he needs technique work to iron out some issues.

With the #223 pick in the draft, the Los Angeles Rams select:

Ejuan Price OLB Pitt

STRENGTHS

Quick-twitch athlete with elite playmaking production over last two seasons. Stutter steps and head fakes in rush approach causes uncertainty for tackles. Able to juke inside and bounce back out to create an edge opening as rusher. Built low to ground and plays strong through redirect blocks to trim the edge. Flashes explosive spin counter that can create wins. Absolute bulldog when he smells a sack opportunity. Stout and strong. Big burst to close out quarterbacks. Disruptive in gaps against the run. Sudden stunts inside are often too quick for tackles to counter. Willing to take chances to make plays in backfield.

WEAKNESSES Missed more than two seasons with injuries. Burst-based athlete missing long speed. Slow to transition when forced to make sharp directional changes. Unable to run down running backs headed for corner. Needs to finish plays. Can be quick to shut motor down if he doesn't think a tackle is within range. Appeared gassed at times. Struggles to counter long-limbed tackles with a quick punch. Face-up rusher missing upper body flexibility and hip flip. Needs soft edge to turn the corner.

SOURCES TELL US "He's a little ball of dynamite. He's got some physical limitations, which will keep him from getting picked early, but I see an NFL rusher. He's strong and twitchy and can finish when he gets the tackle beat." -- Director of scouting for NFC team

NFL COMPARISON James Harrison

BOTTOM LINE

Stiff-hipped, straight-line rusher who is limited in his rush approach, but has the burst and twitch to finish what he starts. The comparison with James Harrison has more to do with the stature, playing style and rush production that both men possess. While his draft stock might be limited, he has the ability to be a sub-package rusher who could flash on the next level.

So, lets never hear any of you Aggie types questioning anyone on here again when they advocate for Ohio State players.

Actually there are several OSU players I like a lot, but it's still fun to pull on sensitive legs now and again.

EDIT: One of the greatest players in A&M history was DE Mike Deniro from Youngstown, Ohio who made All-SWC 3 years running and defensive player of the year both his soph and junior years. He was involved in a car crash in a full ditch in La. and drowned in the car in 1970 going into his senior year. He would have made a great pro. Very tragic.

Way to get R7 moving this morning... and wrap up R6 last nite, guys...

Taco is back on the clock ...... I guess we aint moving in a while :)

Getting a feeling I've thrown out a PM from Taco that he was having to drop out... there is precedent for babies going out with my PM bathwater...

That said... will give him a few hours, but only since if Conner's working, he won't be able to pick until late afternoon. At 3PM EDT we'll make a pick for him.

Conner, if you're off today, let us know and we'll move quicker... approaching immediately...

Hey London in case your not around please send your top 3 picks for the Vikings to someone :)

Good call...

Next ten...

8 (226). Taco918 --- Seattle Seahawks (CAR)
9 (227). ConnerL -- Cincinnati Bengals
10 (228). Flyin J --- Dallas Cowboys (BUF)
11 (229). BnMopar - New Orleans Saints
12 (230). Flyin J ---- Philadelphia Eagles
13 (231). Flyin J ---- Arizona Cardinals
14 (232). LondonB - Minnesota Vikings
15 (233). ConnerL -- Carolina Panthers (IND/CLE)
16 (234). Gip ---------- Los Angeles Rams (BLT)
17 (235). Unsym ---- Washington Redskins

Actually there are several OSU players I like a lot, but it's still fun to pull on sensitive legs now and again.

EDIT: One of the greatest players in A&M history was DE Mike Deniro from Youngstown, Ohio who made All-SWC 3 years running and defensive player of the year both his soph and junior years. He was involved in a car crash in a full ditch in La. and drowned in the car in 1970 going into his senior year. He would have made a great pro. Very tragic.

Had not heard of him. Too bad. Hell, maybe Ghoolie knew him. He is a Youngstown boy as well...and close to that age.

8 (226). Taco918 --- Seattle Seahawks (CAR) - Nate Iese (FB) - UCLA

PMs sent:

• Conner OTC
  • Flyin J on deck plus
  • BnMopar in the hole
  • LondonB proxy... just in case...

Archived