THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue and Sashi skip Clemson Pro day

jcam222

I don't blame them for skipping on Clemson. My son was recruited by Clemson in baseball. As the Crow flies it is maybe 120 miles from where I live, it takes over 4 hours to drive there. Nearly 5. You have to go somewhere else to get there.

Once you get there, a pretty impressive campus setting.

Once you get there, a pretty impressive campus setting.

Been there twice.Seen both Tajh Boyd & Watson. A+ on Game day atmosphere with some Hot Beach Bunn.....ies. Don't really see much more from Watson's Pro day than what Hue saw at Combine. Even better at Combine throwing to unknown WR's. They got all his numbers they need..He's a QB & we need 3. I'd look for a private workout before I'd count him out

To conduct a private QB workout today. Would love to know who.

I've asked the reddit dude that is tracking our visits.

Browns' Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown skip Deshaun Watson's Pro Day but will conduct private workout with him

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com on March 16, 2017 at 1:05 PM, updated March 16, 2017 at 7:41 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Browns coach Hue Jackson and Executive Vice President of Football Operations Sashi Brown skipped Deshaun Watson's Pro Day at Clemson today because they'll have a private workout and visit with him, league sources told cleveland.com.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/browns_hue_jackson_and_sashi_b.html

Browns' Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown skip Deshaun Watson's Pro Day but will conduct private workout with him

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com on March 16, 2017 at 1:05 PM, updated March 16, 2017 at 7:41 PM

Cause Stoned Cold Mary Kay Cabot said so!! Damn she has never seen a QB she has not :wub:

sorry if this has been posted elsewhere...

ttp://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

Cleveland Browns
Ben Boulware, ILB, Clemson (SR)
Dion Dawkins, OT, Temple (SR)
Darius English, DE/3-4OLB, South Carolina (PRO)
Dan Feeney^, G, Indiana (SR, COM)
Myles Garrett, DE/3-4OLB, Texas A&M (COM)
Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M (EW)
Colin Holba, LS, Louisville (SR)
Blake Jarwin, TE, Oklahoma State (EW)
Sefo Liufau, QB, Colorado (SR)
Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma (PRO)
Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee (SR)
Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (COM)
Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson (COM)
Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma (PRO)
Jordan Willis, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Kansas State (COM)

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#FE4ae11TGJXWBpw7.99

Maybe "analytics" says that a guy that can only must 49 mph on his "fastball" is a guy to cross off the team's list of potential draft candidates?

Just speculation...but could this be the case? These guys are slaves to their numbers, so if a player doesn't have the right numbers...they can get XXXXed out.

Fair to say?

On the other hand, I feel that they should have gone to the Pro Day in order to check out Carlos Watkins, a DT I could see Browns taking perhaps in round 2 or with #65. Perhaps Browns did have a "Defensive Guy" there to check him out.

Maybe "analytics" says that a guy that can only must 49 mph on his "fastball" is a guy to cross off the team's list of potential draft candidates?

Just speculation...but could this be the case? These guys are slaves to their numbers, so if a player doesn't have the right numbers...they can get XXXXed out.

Fair to say?

On the other hand, I feel that they should have gone to the Pro Day in order to check out Carlos Watkins, a DT I could see Browns taking perhaps in round 2 or with #65. Perhaps Browns did have a "Defensive Guy" there to check him out.

They probably just put a lot more value into private workouts.

They probably just put a lot more value into private workouts.

Almost certainly. As someone on the TV said last night....at a college Pro Day, the player...QB or whatever, himself chooses the kind of workout he does, and they do thing to make themselves look good.......but in a team's private workout it it the TEAM that chooses the tasks that they want the player to perform, not the player.

In more serious news.....Clemson has a hell of a lot more players than that QB guy.....and we need some....

So it makes me nervous that Clemson isnt worth the trip.....of all schools, how many have a.....

Mike Williams.....Carlos Watkins......D. Watson.....Tankersley....and Leggett....

Thats a lot of talent we didnt want to see......

In more serious news.....Clemson has a hell of a lot more players than that QB guy.....and we need some....

So it makes me nervous that Clemson isnt worth the trip.....of all schools, how many have a.....

Mike Williams.....Carlos Watkins......D. Watson.....Tankersley....and Leggett....

I heard that all 32 teams had scouts at their pro day. So I guess it just wasn't Hue and Sashi.

Who said they didn't see it? A. They have access to THE most important data set: the film. B. They likely sent someone else...a trusted scout to see these other guys. C. As noted...they would prefer to trust the results of a workout that THEY design...one suited to THEIR purposes...not one suited to the players purposes.

I personally think that Watkins could be a choice they could go for in round 2...and I am sure they had a defensive coach/scout checking him oot

Step off the ledge, Ghoolie.

Dont call me that.....I attack bad moves,the FO, coaching and poor play.............. not other posters.....

Who said they didn't see it? A. They have access to THE most important data set: the film. B. They likely sent someone else...a trusted scout to see these other guys. C. As noted...they would prefer to trust the results of a workout that THEY design...one suited to THEIR purposes...not one suited to the players purposes.

I personally think that Watkins could be a choice they could go for in round 2...and I am sure they had a defensive coach/scout checking him oo

Another Gip post....Blah blah blah blah.....you give the FO WAY more cred than I do.....and you never read before you "blah"....

I already stood corrected...

Dont call me that.....I attack bad moves,the FO, coaching and poor play.............. not other posters.....

Another Gip post....Blah blah blah blah.....you give the FO WAY more cred than I do.....and you never read before you "blah"....

I already stood corrected...

Its true....I DO NOT read every post in a thread before I respond to any post in a thread....do YOU? If you don't, then you have no reason to gripe about the fact that I may have made the same observation as someone else.

Other people can have their say, I can have my say. If we just so happen to say basically the same thing...then you will just have to deal with redundant corrective measures. You will live...and you don't have to cry about it.

Its true....I DO NOT read every post in a thread before I respond to any post in a thread....do YOU?

When its only one page?.....usually....

Other people can have their say, I can have my say.

I never said(or implied) otherwise...

.then you will just have to deal with redundant....

There it is....

Yup Mud with Pryor gone, I could see interest in Williams @ #12, if we're not drafting a QB there.

Yup Mud with Pryor gone, I could see interest in Williams @ #12, if we're not drafting a QB there.

I was thinking this....and kind of like Williams....and, for a moment, thought he'd be an option for us....

Then I realized Im one of those guys who hates WR in the first.....and thought about WR in the first 2 years in a row?......following a year we drafted 4?.....

Then I took a deep breathe and shook that thought right outta my brain.....

'Bout time y'all figured out Sashi is not the A talent evaluator....

fify

There is no "the evaluator" in our FO......top 2 guys aren't even football guys......

What happens when the evaluators have differing opinions on a polarizing player?......who decides?....the computer?......coin flip?......secret ballot?.......

1.Sashi rules any "committee" coin flips. 2.Berry is a part of committee that heads the talent of scouting which is equal to the committee of 3.coaching staff's "the voice of opinions"....4. Haslem stay's miles away :P

Archived