THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue and Sashi skip Clemson Pro day

jcam222

fify

There is no "the evaluator" in our FO......top 2 guys aren't even football guys......

What happens when the evaluators have differing opinions on a polarizing player?......who decides?....the computer?......coin flip?......secret ballot?.......

I think you pass...

"We must all hang together or we shall certainly hang separately"... or something like that.

I think it's the strongest part of our potential sustainability... of cultivating talent in our FO.

We have rooms full of "experts"... pro scouts... collegiate scouts... analytical. Sashi drives for consensus, but if none is within reach, then you pass.

I don't know T, someone has to make the ultimate decision.... There has to be one head chef in the kitchen.

Why? And how is "passing" not a decision?

Why? And how is "passing" not a decision?

I've just never seen any "group thinking / no leader" work before in my personal life experiences..... and if 'passing' is the endgame decision for when a bunch of people all can't agree, then I could see our 12 picks quickly turning into 8 picks as the pick clock simply runs out.

What percentage of those who get a vote have to be on board for it to be considered "consensus"? What if only 80% want Garrett?

It's 0% are against the decision. It is not a voting process. Consensus means all deciding parties "can live with" the decision... none are opposed.

And it is not as if there are a couple dozen in the room deciding. The Department heads hammer out their Department's takes in meetings at that level and then maybe 9 assemble including Sashi and DePo to begin the consensus process.

I've just never seen any "group thinking / no leader" work before in my personal life experiences..... and if 'passing' is the endgame decision for when a bunch of people all can't agree, then I could see our 12 picks quickly turning into 8 picks as the pick clock simply runs out.

Not remotely the way it works... we set a draft board through the consensus process. Sashi leads the process. It is collaborative.

Then we work scenarios outside of the norm... "what if" the shit out of the process. For example:

• What if we take Garrett at one and Solomon, Foster, Williams and OJH are all on the board at 12 and we have no trade partner... just like happened in our mock.
  • What if we have a third round choice between an OLB and a OG we like, but there's an OG we think will be there in round 4 that we like almost as much, but no OLB after the 3rd round prospect?

That stuff is worked to death in the weeks before draft day.

When it's our turn on the board we essentially take the predetermined path.

I guarantee you that if it is done right, then collaborative consensus-building produces better decisions with greater consistency than any autocratic process.

I guarantee you that if it is done right, then collaborative consensus-building produces better decisions with greater consistency than any autocratic process.

Don't tell that to Belichick ;)

1-15 yes. but When the injuries started to pile up. The new transactions that were made from this such committee was from 2-C's to 2-G's to S's to CB's were seriously not bad pick-ups at all..From this list of OL-Johnson,C-Reiter,C/GFabs,CB/S-BootieCalhoun,ST-Alford & S-Reynolds.I'd say the callaborative consensus has some hope. now can they draft? Cause their future is now, on the picks they built..

Don't tell that to Belichick ;)

lol... How 'bout "that we've tried"...

While surely Bill is "the decider", he has key personnel folks that have been around him a while and I think they have significant impact/influence upon him.

We've heard from his staff that he expects them to push back on him when they disagree and bring ideas to him frequently... to think of things he has not thought of. I'd be shocked if it were not the same in the FO.

I was thinking this....and kind of like Williams....and, for a moment, thought he'd be an option for us....

Then I realized Im one of those guys who hates WR in the first.....and thought about WR in the first 2 years in a row?......following a year we drafted 4?.....

Then I took a deep breathe and shook that thought right outta my brain.....

Hey, we can be in the running for the Matt Millen award for drafting two WR busts in consecutive years. Not like there isn't top receiver talent in the first. Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, AJ Green, Julio Jones. We just draft bums in the second like Gregg Little, Mohammed Massoquoi, and Brian Robiski. Eeeeekkkk!!!! Just a few more examples of our legendary draft ineptitude. :)

Hey, we can be in the running for the Matt Millen award for drafting two WR busts in consecutive years. Not like there isn't top receiver talent in the first. Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, AJ Green, Julio Jones. We just draft bums in the second like Gregg Little, Mohammed Massoquoi, and Brian Robiski. Eeeeekkkk!!!! Just a few more examples of our legendary draft ineptitude. :)

George Costanza needs to draft for the Browns and take "the opposite" every time.

Hey, we can be in the running for the Matt Millen award for drafting two WR busts in consecutive years. Not like there isn't top receiver talent in the first. Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, AJ Green, Julio Jones. We just draft bums in the second like Gregg Little, Mohammed Massoquoi, and Brian Robiski. Eeeeekkkk!!!! Just a few more examples of our legendary draft ineptitude by previous regimes! :)

Fixed.

Mike

Archived